Master Edition

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Noerjew, Jun 17, 2023.

1. Naora

Naora New Member

I don't know and I don't care, my equipment has only 24 hours and it came right out of the box, as I've tried everything I'm going to return it and exchange it for another one but I'll open it and test it in the shop.

Nutul likes this.
  2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Buying around the corner still has its advantages! ;)

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Definitely! I have a local HiFi guy who I've used for at least the last 20 years or so and if I'm buying anything substantial I'll always give him the business because the service is impeccable and the advice invaluable.

https://www.adventuresinhifi.com/

Might need to tell him about the A6...

4. Kopczas

Kopczas Member

I had the same feeling about the bass ( in regular edition).
    It disappeared after 60+ hours of constant work.
    It was all the same with all types of configuration:
    A6 to Adam audio a77x or A6 to preamp to speakers.

5. Noerjew

Noerjew Member

Hi Kopczas! I'm also under this impression... very strange... maybe burn in of the Eversolo and xlr cables?

6. Noerjew

Noerjew Member

Hello mirror, would it be possible to include a 'composers'-tab in the search fields? My-Tracks-Artists-Composers-Albums etc...?
    This is really indispensable for all classical music/eversolo users...
    Thanks!

7. Inti

Inti Active Member

8. Mark Piathanom

Mark Piathanom New Member

If using with a small audio system, you may not notice the difference. But, if you were audiophile, the new clocking make big difference.

Inti likes this.
  9. Nice Monkey

The Zidoo Neo X and Zidoo Neo Alpha use exactly the same Accusilicon crystals. ;)
    The best one can get. But the standard used crystals aren't bad just don't match up.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2023
  10. narcoleptic-haze

narcoleptic-haze New Member

I work for a place that is selling both the regular edition and the Master edition. I can confirm the Master edition is made by Eversolo themselves. It's not a custom mod produced by another company, it's another SKU from Eversolo.

RoDa, tora-tora, Noerjew and 2 others like this.
  11. Nice Monkey

Thanks' for sharing this with us. Updated my review in the make accordingly.

12. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

As I expected all along.

13. multisport4me

multisport4me Member

Of course they do. Thank you for squashing the conspiracy theories. :)

RoDa likes this.
  14. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Just to confirm, yes, the Master Edition is manufactured by Eversolo, the difference being the addition of an Accusilicon dual femto clock daughterboard using AS318 clocks - there is no modification to existing components.

ammar11 and Noerjew like this.
  15. TheGM

TheGM New Member

Received DMP-A6 Master Edition a week ago and still testing against my different components. My intent is to use the DMP-A6 ONLY as a Streaming device into my PSAudio Directstream DAC MK II. That DAC plugs into my PSAudio BHK Signature Preamplifier. While I prefer I2S, Eversolo does not possess this interface, so I am using USB. I am using this as ROON endpoint exclusively.

Initial setup went fine. ROON recognizes the Eversolo as a ZIDOO Neo S ( a DIFFERENT product from Zidoo, not the DMP-A6). Playback of FLAC (PCM) works very well.

HERE is the problem. My library (all local files stored on NVME solid state storage) is composed of a large amount of NATIVE DSD files. These are files purchased from online services, in pure DSD format.

I have a large amount of DSD 64, DSD 128 and DSD 256 music. My PS Audio DSD DAC MK II is rated up to DSD 256, and plays all of these files today, in Native DSD (.dsf files), with two other streamers that I own (Node 3 and iFi NEO Stream).

The Eversolo DMP-A6 CLEARLY states that using USB Output, it supports up to DSD 512.

HOWEVER, when using DSD Native settings ALL my DSD music from the Eversolo adds high levels of white noise/distortion to the audio. My DAC shows the output from the Eversolo IS indeed DSD 256, but this noise is NOT present in the music. It gets added by DMP-A6. This makes ALL DSD 256 music unlistenable!
    If I change settings to DoP, now the DMP-A6 will play DSD 64 and DSD 128 files perfectly, no white noise. DSD 256 STILL won't play properly. This background noise is clearly present here.

This is frustrating as I find the general audio quality from the DMP-A6 quite nice. It is clearly better than the Blusound Node 3. Against the iFi NEO Stream it is very close. I will have to do more test listening and break-in to make a final comparison. For me the DSD playback is an absolute requirement. I have opened a ticket with ZIDOO on this issue, so far no fix.

mokeiko likes this.
  16. Chris H

Chris H New Member

Does the DMP-A6 have a volume pass through setting? Can it be set to output at 0 dB (bit perfect) with no attenuation of the digital signal?

Then control the volume with a preamp or power amp.
    maybe that would help?

17. wcseow

wcseow Member

It has a volume passthrough setting. On or Off. This will set the volume to fixed max level. I am using this mode for XLR and USB output

Chris H likes this.
  18. Milky

Milky Active Member

You won't be able to hear a difference in that SINAD because SINAD doesn't measure what you hear. It is a pretty useless measurement when you are trying to tell if there will be a difference in what you hear. With those clocks should be a noticeable difference.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2023
  19. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Telling whether your eardrums are able to detect a 10 fs jitter is, IMHO, a bit exaggerated. Note, we are not talking about milli, not even micro, not even nano, and not even, for frequency sake, pico seconds (10^ -12), but femto seconds, 10^-15. That thing is so small, that the light itself just makes through 1/3 of a mm. The light, do you understand? The light. And your eardrum, meanwhile...

Kopczas and ammar11 like this.
  20. Nice Monkey

No idea why the human hearing is so sensible to clocking. It surprised me a lot too but a fact it is that hearing the sound improve with better crystals is a fact of life. Don't ask me to explain it.