Master Edition

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Noerjew, Jun 17, 2023.

1. Milky

Milky Active Member

Are you saying 10fs between the two products? Where are you getting that number from?

Yes human ears are very sensitive to very minute amounts of jitter

2. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

you probably are more sensitive to the better op-amps, than to the femto-second clocks. But anyway, it's known that human ears can sense (not everybody, not everywhere, and for sure not me here and now) down to 6 / 7 ns (nano-seconds) delay / reverberation. This said, a nano second is still 1 000 000 times bigger than a femto. Maybe some unlucky guy on this planet has the misfortune to detect femto-anomalies, and all the music invented and written so far sounds harsh to his ears... :-D

P.S.
    Femto-second accuracy is good, of course.

ammar11 likes this.
  3. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

I mention 10 fs jitter allowance. If such a drift in the clock signal can drive you mad...

4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Yes jitter is worse that the absolute accuracy of crystals. Why? Accusillicon got a nice niche market there.
    No I can't really hear the difference between good opamps listening to music. Only opening up the volume to the max with no signal on input shows a difference in noise level.

5. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Agree, but also harmonic distortion is a factor that differentiates an op-amp from a good op-amp.
    And then there is all the psycho-acoustic soup... I am extremely happy my 55 y.o. ears hear no difference after a certain level of quality; call it luck... ;-)

6. Nice Monkey

Just passed 70 and only after the multiple upgrades made to my gear in recent years started hearing the difference in sound between a 320 kbit MP3 and the FLAC of my same good quality albums. Nice job to do them all once more. Also noticed that the influence of the crystal is far bigger with PCM than with DSD.
    Using Accusillicon based DAC's the difference between DSD and DSD => PCM is a lot smaller than using a standard AMP via HDMI.

Kusalajoti Lens, ammar11 and Nutul like this.
  7. Naora

Naora New Member

DMP-A6 ME exchanged by Dealer and the new one is working perfectly, and with the new update even got playing better and much more stable.
    Good work by Eversolo, Thank you.

8. Hannibal_

Hannibal_ Member

Guy’s,

It is not the jitter itself that you hear.
    The jitter translates into decoding faults with digital artefacts as a result.
    Particularly on the SPDIF connections I have had issues with my previous streamer. A version with a better clock resolved that.

regards, Han

MGX-UK and atomic garden like this.
  9. Noerjew

Noerjew Member

So, I swapped my Master Edition for a normal one.
    Finally I can fully enjoy the Eversolo! Bass is much more controlled and not all over the place... Maybe I had a faulty device.... or the normal edition fits better in my setup...

Last edited: Aug 6, 2023
    vekanoid likes this.
  10. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

This is very weird... the master edition should have brought in an even more refined music fidelity, not add neither/remove any sound coloration... this thing about the bass is, again, utterly weird...

HoJ76 likes this.
  11. Inti

Inti Active Member

Hi i have the Master Edition and I can’t follow what you’re explaining about the bass it’s a neutral dac / streamer I have just sold my Auralic setup that cost a lot more and I’m satisfied the Eversolo Master Edition

HoJ76, Fergus and Hannibal_ like this.
  12. Glerup71

Glerup71 Active Member

It sounds a little strange, the Master edition should have better clocks and op-amps, so it has every reason to sound the best...

HoJ76, Fergus, Inti and 1 other person like this.
  13. Fergus

Fergus Active Member

I had the standard item that was used stand alone and I liked it so much I have just traded up to the Master Edition. It’s barely been on an hour or so and I’m loving it. My first impressions are it’s fuller, faster and with better low level detail.

HoJ76 and Inti like this.
  14. wcseow

wcseow Member

I am thinking about it too. May I ask whether you are using the internal DAC?

15. Fergus

Fergus Active Member

Sorry, yes I am. I could have been clearer, that’s what I meant by “used stand alone”.

wcseow likes this.
  16. Inti

Inti Active Member

Hi have the Master edition and I use the internal DAC I have also heard the standard A6 I can only say in my setup the ME version is superior sounding and totally worth it I now there is a lot of people that say otherwise i can only say injoy the Music

kc001, MGX-UK, wcseow and 2 others like this.
  17. Hannibal_

Hannibal_ Member

Guy’s,

that’s valuable info from first hand.
    It’s a lovely piece of work, enjoy it!

regards, Han

18. Nice Monkey

Technically that is absolutely incorrect. The data is with a good cable still 100% original an faultless. DAC sampling will be irregular though with tiny difference between sample timing and our ears result extremely sensible to that. The sound spectrum results identical but the actual sound quality perceived isn't.

Just look at data transfers via USB; the mainboard clock preciseness and jitter does not matter in any way as long as all the bits are received correctly it works just fine (no bad cable).

Last edited: Aug 19, 2023
  19. Hannibal_

Hannibal_ Member

I was talking about SPDIF, monk

and it’s bit errors you hear due to translation errors on that.
    Digital artefacts.
    Jitter (timing errors) is one of the causes.
    In general.

but the solo is good enough on SPDIF

20. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

I apologise if mistaking or missing some prior info, but, IMO, USB is by far superior to any SP-DIF, bandwidth speaking, so why not stick to the most powerful interface?
    I hear here many and many voices wanting at any cost to use coaxial, or optical. Despite their 192 limitation, they also cannot cope with jitter as good as USB can nowadays do... I simply cannot understand.
    Maybe because I am in my fifties and "I know things"...