Master Edition

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Noerjew, Jun 17, 2023.

1. Noerjew

Noerjew Member

Does anyone have a clue why the Eversolo dmp-a6 Master Edition isn't mentioned at all on Eversolo's nor Zidoo's website?
    Mirror?

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Very easy it is not a Zidoo/Eversolo product in any way. It is just a modification made by another company.

3. Noerjew

Noerjew Member

Thanks Nice Monkey... I wonder wich company...

4. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Yes, wondering about which company too, if it is a different company I have a feeling that it is Audiophonics.

I understand the modification with the femto clock and op-amp but did they make the gold EverSolo logo themselves or did Zidoo provide that to them?

upload_2023-6-18_9-46-56.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 18, 2023
  5. multisport4me

multisport4me Member

It may be Audiophonics. Whoever it is, there is some semblance of an agreement with Zidoo. Not only the badging but the volume light ring is different, and the Master shows up in the Eversolo control app as a Master version...with said gold volume ring and badging. And I could have sworn they asked me if I had the regular or Master version with a recent beta drop. Moreover, Mirror has stated that the Master version is about 1-2dB better SINAD, which implies they've tested it in-house to verify its performance as good enough to keep the Eversolo brand on it. So sure....it may be modified by Audiophonics. But Zidoo certainly knows about it and its not some rogue offering. My guess is that someone (e.g. Audiophonics) wanted to offer a differentiated version and worked with Zidoo to bring the Master version to market and Zidoo agreed. Although, it is odd that you can buy a Master version through Alibaba...which implies to me that the Master version is produced in China and the changes to make a Master version are offered through a limited exclusivity arrangement.

ammar11 likes this.
  6. Noerjew

Noerjew Member

Thanks guys. Everything becomes a bit clearer now... o_O
    By the way... i have one at home bought indeed at Audiophonics...

ammar11 likes this.
  7. Nice Monkey

The is similar like buying a car from a tuner which enhances it cosmetically and also making it perform better.
    You get a unique product that way but never cheap. :rolleyes:

8. multisport4me

multisport4me Member

It's not the same. I'm sorry but my Audi is modified and I can tell you that Audi does not like it at all and flag the ECU to effectively blacklist me from many warranty repairs.

My point above is that Zidoo clearly cooperated with Audiophonics (or whoever) to allow them to sell a Master version of the DMP-A6. You keep making it sound like some hack swapped out the op amps in their basement and that is simply not the case. Don't conflate the benefits of the upgrades (which are likely to be very small) with a business relationship that is clearly there. From different colored SKU labels on the same packaging, to LED ring, to badging, to jpeg images in the control app, different clocks, op amps, to the firmware itself....Zidoo is producing these for somebody and likely it is some sort of limited exclusive relationship. It's noteworthy to me that Audiophonics also seems to sell an upgraded Rose 250A. So this is something they must do to differentiate themselves.

So I'm sorry, but this is not at all like tuning a car. If nothing else, the gains are significantly different - the DMP-A6 Master is maybe 1-2dB better SINAD vs. the standard version. My Audi A8 4.0T runs 0-60mph in 2.66 seconds and traps 138mph in 10.22 seconds 1/4 mile - vast difference in gains. Plus, Zidoo will fix my Master DMP-A6 if something fails with it - Audi won't fix my twisted/broken axles....trust me, I tried. :)

Inti likes this.
  9. Mark Piathanom

Mark Piathanom New Member

The answer I read so far is strange. In my country, Eversolo Sales manager excepts orders for both edition, standard and master.

My understanding is the master version planned to be released at the year end. But, because of the overwhelming orders, the company pre-release the master edition to some countries.

10. Nice Monkey

For me Master Edition is a small modification with a big additional price tag. :rolleyes:
    No idea who does it with whom to market it. :p

11. tora-tora

tora-tora Member

Is not it the 2021 Lamborghini Aventador SVJ performance ;) ? You must be madly in love with your car as MotorTrend believes it makes 0-60 in 3.9 sec :)

the one owner reported his Standard DMP-A6 is displayed in mobile app as Eversolo DMP-A6 Master Edition

OPA1612 is of bipolar type and OPA1642 is of J-FET type
    when comparing OPA1612 and OPA1642 datasheets at Texas Instruments, 1612 has 10 dB lower THD+N (1612: -136 dB, 1642: -126 dB)
    1642 has slower slew rate (20V/μs vs. 27 V/μs) but a bit higher gain (134 dB vs. 130 dB). So measurement-wise 1612 seems a bit better but perceived sound quality.... who knows...
    S.M.S.L M500 uses OPA1612

12. multisport4me

multisport4me Member

It is a sleeper car for sure. My car was running 4 seconds pre-mods. But yes, I have surprised some very fast cars...and have the Draggy results to prove it. :)

The Master will measure better and that seems to drive Nice Monkey crazy. But I have said many times nobody will be able to hear a 2dB difference in SINAD. But it does measure better according to Eversolo.....who may or may not make the Master version....or it may be a vast conspiracy to make suckers, like me, buy their overpriced Master version for half the price of a Rose 250A. Stupid is as stupid does I guess.

Any other points you're trying to make, Nice Monkey?

tora-tora likes this.
  13. Nice Monkey

There is absolutely nothing against buying the best there is, this provided you have the money to spend for it.

Always try the provide a value/money indication when doing my reviews. There was no other motivation for me. ;)
    The value/money ratio for DMP-A6 is rated by me as outstanding and the one for DMP-A6 Gold as good.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2023
  14. MGX-UK

MGX-UK New Member

I have the Master Edition it's 3 weeks old, I must say that my chord Qutest that cost slightly more than the EverSolo DMP-A6 Master Edition, do not sound any better. So my master edition replaced, Sotm sms-200 Neo, chord qutest & 2 Boosters! All for sale on ebay soon

Spizz and Inti like this.
  15. multisport4me

multisport4me Member

Sounds good (pun intended). So we can agree:

1. That Zidoo does in fact manufacturer and support the Master version and that the mods aren't made by a third-party? We can debate how and why it came to market and how they currently sell the Master version but it does not change a simple fact - they still make the damn thing. Hard stop.
    2. That the Master measures better according to Eversolo, but not by much. Whether that improvement is worth the amount of extra money is debatable. Not likely, but if someone has the money and wants the Master let's not act as though they got suckered into buying a $5,000 power cable.
    3. Related to above, there are soooooooooooo many actual snake oil products in the HiFi space and this Master version is not one of them. At worst, its like buying a car with leather seats. Worth it to you? Maybe not. But let's not perpetuate myths that the car manufactured didn't install the leather seats or insinuate that the owners of such cars are idiots since the same car without leather seats can be purchased for less money.

neoitata and Inti like this.
  16. neoitata

neoitata Member

Same here.
    Have master ed. and verry happy with it.
    When i bought it by Eversolo seller in my country, seller tell me that he cannot put master ed on his website because it is edition made only for authorised sellers (dunno if thats true), not for sale. But on some other sites you can still buy it.
    At the end it all depends do you like mercedes or AMG or Brabus. Money wise of course.
    Again, for me, more than happyer with master ed. even if i know that parts in tunning cost very small ammount on market when buying separately.
    I can't help myself, i like Brabus.
    At least, gold colour lights of master ed match with my other audio system components :D

Inti likes this.
  17. Noerjew

Noerjew Member

Maybe someone can help me... I also have the master edition. When I use the dac inside... connect via xlr (aq red river) to my Rotel RA-1570 the bass sounds absolutely terrible... WAY too much and all over the place. When I connect to my amp using spdif and coax (so dac of the rotel) it sounds really great. Was planning to post a recording but recording with a phone doesn't suffice. Am I doing something wrong here or overlooking something? Help!

18. Inti

Inti Active Member

Hi Noerjew I’m using it with my Accuphase 5000 tru xlr and it sounds great can it be that your cables is too blame? If possible try another set of cables or your are having a faulty Eversolo ? I hope not !!!

19. Noerjew

Noerjew Member

Hello Inti, thanks for your reply! I tried also different xlr cables... bought (cheaper) mogami cables... problem is exactly the same! Guess I have to contact the shop... damn...

20. Inti

Inti Active Member

I was just wondering if you can try your Eversolo with a different amp first before you return it to the shop?

maybe some friend can help you