Home Theater 2.0 - Tips/Questions/Tricks

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1295)' started by manifesto1969, Jan 26, 2018.

1. but the others won't detect...

2. JohnS

JohnS Member

I'll try and report back

3. litlgi74

litlgi74 Member

Okay, but then everything would be in French. Or are you just saying that it works in French and not an English. I have thousands of titles to scrape so, I guess I'll have to wait for an update.

4. The only thing language changes is the movie titles and description.... but movie series dont even change title most of the time...

5. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

i have "the Leftovers", great story, my box scrapped just nice all three seasons
    off course in english too
    Screenshot_20180315-200644.png Screenshot_20180315-200659.png Screenshot_20180315-200718.png Screenshot_20180315-200730.png Screenshot_20180315-200817.png

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  6. litlgi74

litlgi74 Member

Maybe I'm missing something... I went to setting and changed the language to french... It erased all of the database... I tried rescraping... But everything populated in French.

7. Exactly.... but it changes only the titles and and descriptions.

8. litlgi74

litlgi74 Member

Titles and descriptions? What else is there to read?

9. One person in this thread believed it would change the language of the video files...

10. litlgi74

litlgi74 Member

I've got to get a screen protector for my monitor.... I just spit all over it again in laughter!

11. litlgi74

litlgi74 Member

Updated to FW. 2.0.15...

Home Theater still has scrapping issues...

Breaking Bad now works but House doesnt... It also only scrapes parts of certain series... Like The Sopranos... It only scrapes seasons 4,5,and 6... Same with duck dynasty, Lost, Game of Thrones, the Tudors, and others.

KODI scrapes all correctly with out a single problem.

I don't get it... I thought they were using the same database.

12. The same thing happens to me.

anurak likes this.
  13. Camel4

Camel4 New Member

Also have same issues (fw 2.0.15).Some series like Blacklist or Friends are incomplete (some seasons are ok some season cannot be scraped) or there are series like Modern Family that some episodes are not scraped.

14. I have found a trick... for series, I just add sources individually for each tv show. The machine seems to have a hard time scrapping all my tv shows at the same time and most of them fail to match. When I do them individually, it is much better. A few episodes here and there won't match at once but it is better then having to rematch 60 episodes of Breaking Bad... :)

15. litlgi74

litlgi74 Member

I found that if you do a factory reset, titles that previously wouldn't scan now do and titles that did scan now don't!

This app is far from polished.

16. Binnetie

Binnetie New Member

This is the first time i see the thread, where can i download Home Theater 2.0?

17. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

18. It would be nice if there was an option to play from start or resume. ... right now all there is is one button that resumes. ...

Also would be nice when we press pause to have info like the time remaining.... right now it shows nothing at all....

Also I wish the auto frame rate would not take 3 seconds. It looks unprofessionnal the way it is handled right now. When you get out of a movie it takes another 2 seconds of black screen.... surel'y something can be done?

Claudiu likes this.
  19. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

when you choose "Bookmark" it will automaticly resume and give you 5seconds to click if you want to play it from the start

when i pause, it show the time line bar and others info, bt only just a few second and it disappear
    if you want show time remaining, you can just choose time remaining for front display

with auto frame rate, what i dont like is, they play 1-2seconds then black screen for adjust the frame rate/resolution and then continue play, its very annoying
    but if just like you said, take 3seconds being black screen then start the files, it would be nice for me

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  20. JohnS

JohnS Member

In the new HT2.0 with the new remote which supports play/stop - ffw/rwd. When you play a movie, pushing the "back" button stops the movie. It also adds a bookmark so you can resume from where you stopped. In the new (like x10) remote you can stop a movie by pressing "stop" button BUT it doesn't add a bookmark so you cannot resume your movie. Could you please take a look and fix this; As a true media center app it should support bookmark when you hit the "stop" button!