Home Theater 2.0 - Tips/Questions/Tricks

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1295)' started by manifesto1969, Jan 26, 2018.

1. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

mine is X9S and there no pause or stop button in the remote
    but i used shortcut key, i can choose 4key but remote only have 2key :(

but once you already saw the movie, and you watch it again and stop it ,you cannot resume where you stop it :(

also HT cannot change manually a files to be "watched" and resume cannot work for watched files
    thats the 2 thing i wanna zidoo team to be concerned for next update

JohnS likes this.
  2. JohnS

JohnS Member

The "play/pause" and "stop" buttons are on the new remote (same as X10)
    I totally agree with your points

3. godalmighty

yes i know...what i meant is with X9S remote we still can do "stop " action with shortcut key :D

oh one more thing, about "Children" section, do you know what should i do to make this section work
    maybe naming the files just like "4k" section or something else?

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  4. Peter Browning

Peter Browning New Member

After the reliable Mede8er 1000 developed disappearing TV folder jpgs, tried DS Video on the Nvida Shield. Good with Movies, but failed to scan about half of the TV episodes.
    Back to the cupboard for the Shield with its annoying minimal remote.
    Out came the X9S with Home Theater 2 and impressive so far.
    My Movies are Blurays ripped by makeMkv but HT2 does not see them as BluRays.
    What is the criteria for having them listed under the Blue-Ray category ?
    TIA.

5. JohnS

JohnS Member

If it's in an mkv format it's scrapped as a movie. It must be in a folder structure or iso rip

6. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Visit IP:9528 via PC browser. you can custom some Tags. such as 4k, bluray,3D

7. godalmighty

what about "Children"

8. Peter Browning

Thanks. Pardon the ignorance mirror, but when I search for IP:9528 I get info on a Power Switch. Please point me in the right direction.

9. JohnS

JohnS Member

You have to enter your zidoo ip:9528 for example 192.168.1.45:9528

10. Chuck S

Chuck S New Member

I found a slightly different fix by simply changing the word "Part" to "Section". It doesn't match the movies, but at least they are found and can be manually matched to the correct title. Also seems to work for any word other than Part, but I only tried a few.

11. Peter Browning

Tx for info re accessing HT2 via IP:9528 but unsure if any extra options are available re Categories. HT2 is impressive but the lack of a WATCHED indicator - either AUTO or MANUAL - makes TV viewing more awkward.

12. godalmighty

sure it would be perfect if HT have option to show only the UNWATCHED titles just like kodi :p
    and more perfect if it can add tag "WATCHED" manually to the files

i have 2hdd(1Tb+1,5Tb) attached to my docking(Orico 6629US3 2bay) and plug in to USB3.0 port and 1hdd(2Tb) through sata port
    all scan nice and perfect but if i start the box first and then the docking, i got invalid for all files/folders in my docking hdd
    it only shows result of the hdd from sata port but all my hdd in docking detected
    all i have to do is power it on in the same time, the box and the docking and it normally shows all my scan result of my hdd that i have already done

13. JohnS

JohnS Member

I also have attached 2x2Tb usb and 1tb SATA disks and after reboot sometimes changes mount points and I have to change path associations in couchpotato etc. I think the solution (for me at least) is a NAS and zidoo only streaming

14. Peter Browning

Agree. My old Synology NAS - DS214Play - plays 40 gig mkv Blurays with no probs via Samba on HT2. Love it.

JohnS likes this.
  15. godalmighty

i do not have NAS, actually i used X9S to be my NAS :p
    for me just have to power on together my docking and the box in the same time and all work fine

JohnS likes this.
  16. JohnS

JohnS Member

Yes me too, it was one of my top reasons to by this unit from another android box!

godalmighty likes this.
  17. barni1992

barni1992 New Member

Hi I have updated in x9s and I have problems with the home theater 2.0 application after scanning a hhd on the network, the next start of the box does not make me view the movies, forced to update the scan again

18. Kevinicus

Kevinicus New Member

Well I decided to try out HT 2.0 last night for the first time, and I can't say I am impressed. I'm coming from a Dune that used Zappiti, so maybe that is why.

I'd say 70% of my files were unmatched. They are all named the same way. Many that were matched were matched to some obscure foreign films that are not even remotely close to being the same title. Many titles were thrown into collections when there is only one movie. That makes no sense. If there is only one, there is no collection. Editing title images is a chore, and in many cases impossible. If the title was not in a collection, and I was accessing it from the main poster wall, hitting the menu button would give me the main Home Theater menu, and not the menu for the title. That means I am stuck with the information HT2.0 selected when it "matched" the files. There also appears to be no way to add a title to a collection, or to make a custom collection. I have titles that are somewhat custom (fanedits) or Demos that are not official releases. Where is the option to add/edit these titles and add them to the poster wall? With the badges, why can you not add/edit them as you see fit? What if I want some, but not all (like the scores - who wants that?)? It just seems like there is so much functionality missing or not working with this application.

I haven't tried Kodi, or ZDMC (which I have to install since it wasn't even on my device when I got it). I hope to God they are much better than this.

19. godalmighty

if you attached your hdd after the box start, it can cause the problem, maybe :p
    how many hdd and with what you attached that to the box?
    kodi have a perfect scrapper afaik :p and HT is not perfect yet
    try change the language to English
    long press the poster if you want to edit/re match

20. barni1992

barni1992 New Member

my hdd is in an external multimedia box always connected via Ethernet with fixed ip, on kodi not problems or other devices. the problem I think during the power up de x9s takes a moment before connecting to the network