Home Theater 2.0 - Tips/Questions/Tricks

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1295)' started by manifesto1969, Jan 26, 2018.

1. thrang

thrang Member

I only see 2.05... where is 2.0.12? And is there a list of fixes/changes? Thanks

2. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

I read through the thread, and it appears from my discovery Zidoo is not reading mediainfo tags.

I have found the following while easteregg hunting along since there isn't any documentation. (yes, I know its a beta)

For 3D ISO and BDMV folders the following tagging works.

Up (2009)(3D-AVC)(DTS-HD MA 5.1).iso ( The example here shows BD, 3D, H.264 MPEG -5/AVC)(DTS-HD High Resolution Audio, and ISO)
    Kodi will not have an issue scraping that title or either Folder or Filename.

.iso = ISO badge
    .mkv = MKV badge
    3D equals 3D badge
    DTS-HD MA 5.1/7.1 = DTS-HD High Resolution Audio badge
    Dolby TrueHD = DOLBY TRUEHD badge
    AVC = H.254 MPEG-4/AVC badge
    H.264 = H.254 MPEG-4/AVC badge
    Dolby = Dolby Digital badge
    MKV = MKV badge

Would like to see 5.1, 7.1, DTS-X, and Dolby Atmos (not just the core tracks)

In the meanwhile, I am adding the Atmos or DTS-X tags as a "Genre" in the WEBUI That is working for me. Also can filter by these as a Genre.

I am sure there are many more, just hunting along and getting things set up.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  3. Sancho1985

Sancho1985 New Member

Model: ZIDOO_X9S | v2.0.12
    System:
    1. Optimize system stability
    2. Optimize online streaming media
    3. Repair ZDMC port conflict

Player
    1. Increase the built-in text subtitle 4 colors
    2. Optimize the video information display
    3. Optimize the subtitle download

File Manager
    1. Increase SMB v2 function

Blu-ray navigation
    1. Repair when there is only one subtitle, subtitles do not show the problem
    1. Repair part of the video navigation subtitles do not take effect when the issue
    2. Optimize 4K blue light navigation function

Poster wall
    1. Add equipment to increase a variety of network scanning methods
    2. Add the actor avatar function
    3. Repair scanning part of the SMB device flashback problem
    4. Automatically ignore the switch folder
    5. Increase the actor details interface

Control center
    1. Increase the national and long-time editing capabilities
    2. Fix the problem that some videos can not be matched again by IMDB

Launcher
    1. The new UI
    2. Increase for background function

Quick setting
    1. The new UI
    2. Optimize the operation mode

One key clean up
    1. The new UI
    2. Repair since the start of management functions
    3. Optimize the clean-u

4. JohnS

JohnS Member

This was not an official release!

5. I know but HT will have to link the specific file to a show or movie that exists in the database. If it doesnt find one, it will just catagorize the files in the category "others" or in a random one. So some files are just abandoned by HT. I wish I could just decide to create tv shows even if it can't find it in the database. I have a lot of Quebec shows that are probably not in this database. I can't even have them categorized. They are all in the "others" section.

6. JohnS

JohnS Member

In what language have you set your unit? ( I believe in French since you re in Canada?) set it on English you will have better results. You can also wipe the name of show and try with the IMDb or themoviedb id. I understand what you are asking but I believe it won't happen

7. I set the unit in french but the app in english

8. JohnS

JohnS Member

As I said try to put everything in English it will find more shows, then return it to French and hope that it doesn't lose the library matches.

9. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

The problem is HomeTheater do not have the possibility to add manually a collection. With local series that are not list in any data base (lot of french canadian series and maybe other country as well) the only way to add the series would be to do it manualy. This mean a request for new feature inside HomeTheater "create a collection" and "add manualy infos for file". Actually a file not found can not be add since you can not put manually information and it is not possible to create a collection.

10. Joel

Joel New Member

the same for the concert category

Sarco likes this.
  11. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

Well note Joel!

The add collection must be recursive to, I mean put a collection in collection ex: collection Home Movie with collection 1990 1991, in witch you can have Eric, delima etc!

12. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hi all,

There is a problem with some movies that have an almost identical title, there is just one movie / poster that is displayed for both and you have to select the letter A or B,

HT V2.0 ignores title with the word "part 1" ou "part 2" or year, it would be nice to correct this problem

For example :

Harry potter and the deathly hallows part 1 and harry potter and the deathly hallows part 2 with the same poster "harry potter and the deathly hallows part 2" and we have to select the letter A or B to see part 1 or part 2

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

or

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn: Part 1 and The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn: Part 2 with the same poster "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn: Part 2" and we have to select the letter A or B to see part 1 or part 2
    and we have to select the letter A or B to see part 1 or part 2

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

see you

13. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

does it duplicate this issue if scraped from different source path?

14. Techead

Techead Member

It does the samething for Movies like Firday the 13th

15. Sancho1985

Sancho1985 New Member

In Russian version it all ok. I have 2 parts: The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn: Part 1 and The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn: Part 1.

What "base" is used in HT2 in the first of all? IMDB, themoviedb?

16. JohnS

JohnS Member

The movieDb

17. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

I tried to fake it out and but (.iso) in the file name. It only reads from the extension. I thought I would be clever and make that work. A remux is just that , a bluray without the menus and sometimes the languages stripped out other than english, but it is the same video and audio untouched. Love the remux.

On a side note, someone got crazy and listed a Zidoo X9s for 80 shipped last night on ebay. Complete with box, accessories, remote etc. Best offer accepted for $65. Looks like I own two now. I hope zidoo gets the new HT 2.0, firmware updates right, and eventually 7.0 would be awesome. Im invested now even further than before.

18. ANyone else not able to re-match some shows?

Even if I look for Fargo Season 2 and Select the season number and the show number, nothing is matching it.... same for all Breaking Bad, South Park Seasons 4 to 7, some GoT...

Some things seem to be broken. Will be waiting for the update because too many issues right now.

19. Sancho1985

Sancho1985 New Member

I think it`s bug HT and themoviedb. I 2 days tried to get info about all seasons "Supernatural".... Made it all.... Renamed all series.. e.t.c. Yesterday i edit all 13 seasons on themoviedb.... And now, i have all info about "Supernatural".
    p.s. One of the big problem its to get info about films, that have the same "name" in russian language (for example - Bodygard - "Телохранитель". In database there is 5 or 6 different films with "one name")

20. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

Just in case anyone is wondering if it is greener on the other side it is not. I found my 1.5 hour test drive with the egreat A5 to be very disappointing. The only thing the egreat has over the zidoo is the UI. With that said, samba seems to be very iffy, the picture quality and detail is noticeably inferior, and quite honestly the audio even seemed drab in comparision. Scraping issues with the built in HT poster interface, I am not going to do any type of extensive review, but since I went ahead and purchased one i thought i would share about my 1.5 hours of disappointment. I plan to stick with zidoo for some time I believe. Also had a weird issue of switching back to 8bit and not sticking on 10bit color. Oh well its shelved for now until i figure out what to do with the thing.