Home Theater 2.0 - Tips/Questions/Tricks

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1295)' started by manifesto1969, Jan 26, 2018.

1. c4wiz

c4wiz New Member

it would be so much easier if they would just expose all of the tags to be selected in the webui, like MKV,Blu-ray, 3D, Atmos, DTSX, TrueHD, DTS HD, 7.1, 5.1, HEVC, H264, etc.

they we would have to add all that non sense to the file names

but first i would like the entire UI to be translated in english, not just parts of it!

2. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

3. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

Very creative OlivierQC

I whole-heartedly agree, c4wiz however in the mean time, i've done some renaming to make it look respectable.

Even easier to just use mediainfo to scrape and if not perfect give us the toggles to place the right badges in place.

4. c4wiz

c4wiz New Member

for me renaming 1200+ movies is a real PITA!

5. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

There are file renaming programs that pull info and tags too. Im not an expert on them but there are some good ones. I am currently using "advanced renamer" and find the functionality pretty thorough to dig down. For the record I am over the above mentioned number. It might be easier than you think. I am in process of expanding array right now which is very taxing going from 4TB drives to 8TB drives. Would be quicker to buy another NAS. Since it takes about 7 days to rebuild each drive, I have plenty of time to rename media files.

6. JohnS

JohnS Member

There is something wrong with the "History" selection on the left. If you play a file, it automatically shows up in your history list but it doesn't stay forever! After a couple of weeks it disappears even if it was one file (not replaced from new ones). Same goes with "Recently added" , I use the latter a lot because I add movies randomly and I want sometime to see them. So they appear on the list but after a while one by one are removed. I believe there is some sort of "timer" at the end of it the list empties. What it should be happening is, give the above lists a 10-20 or 30 entries long, and only if you add a 31 movie -tv show should then and only then, the 1rst entry to be removed. Or you can just leave it open with 100 or more entries.
    Zidoo look into this asasp, it's not difficult to fix but it's more reasonable!

7. gsaronni

gsaronni New Member

I would like to know how to keep the scanned films with its info

Every time I open HT 2, the posters of the films are changed to the wrong one that I had to manually scan to get the right info

8. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

imdb id finally works...thanks zidoo
    for additional, maybe you can fix the children section
    coz i have animation content but cannot separate from others :(
    and i also have others region movie like asia,japan or korean, maybe you can add another section for it

9. JohnS

JohnS Member

In which firmware?

10. Was there an update?

nc88keyz likes this.
  11. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

the api could very well be updated in the cloud without a firmware update, buit that would mean zidoo is listening to what you are scraping **yikes**

12. I changed the language of HT 2 to french and some of the shows and movies that were recognized in english now are not anymore and vice-versa....

13. JohnS

JohnS Member

Yeah this is strange it shouldn't be happening, several users faced the same issue when changing to their native language

14. godalmighty

i use 2.0.13
    hope HT2.0 can add another section like, western,Asia,Cartoon(children)

no one seem have the problem like you had, including me
    so i suggest you to back it up your good scan result and then do a factory reset
    after that, get an update firmware (2.0.13) and see its that problem exist
    http://apidl.zidoo.tv/X9S/OTA-ZIDOO_X9S-v2.0.13.zip

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  15. Al Perez

Al Perez Member

Do you know if there an update for X8? As I discovered that I could no longer record with sound when I updated to V2.0.6 and I just reset my unit so now is a good time to test again, thanks in advance!

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  16. How come I always learn there is a new firmware on a random post? I have not seen anywhere that there has been a version after 2.0.5.

Zidoo team really must do something about this. Very unprofessional.

17. godalmighty

sorry cannot help you coz i new too in this forum
    i found it in http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...rsion-beta-for-zidoo-x9s-release.7401/page-21
    its even not a beta release yet
    but they who had tried it and have no issues, so i tried it myself too :p

18. litlgi74

litlgi74 Member

Has anyone been successful scraping the Breaking Bad TV series?

My file names look like this... Breaking Bad S01E01.mkv but it doesn't seem to work.

19. Yes....

When I set language to english, Breaking Bad wont scrape...

When I set it in french, Breaking Bad scrapes just fine....

Same with the Leftovers...

Some show in french and not in english, and the other way around.

Weird thing...

Can't even get Black Mirror to detect in any language.

I'm waiting for a fix.

Let's be patient...

20. JohnS

JohnS Member

I have black mirror s01 scrapped fine! (In English)