Home Theater 2.0 - Tips/Questions/Tricks

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1295)' started by manifesto1969, Jan 26, 2018.

1. manifesto1969

manifesto1969 Member

Thought a thread specific to this new app might be useful

Lisa Harris, godalmighty and DELUCAS like this.
  2. manifesto1969

manifesto1969 Member

I found that Home Theater 2 wouldn't access my NAS drives (ASUSTOR and QNAP) via SMB even though they were showing up in the "Add sources" screen.

The work around for this is to add the directory of the NAS via the Media Center app.
    Then, start the Home Theater 2 app again and in the "Add sources" you should see the NAS as an ip entry in the list. You can then access the directories on the NAS.

3. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Great thread start

Its all about reading peoples experiences and work arounds that some people need to here of
    But some people on here dont see that or get it .

But great idea .

4. JohnS

JohnS Member

Long pressing the OK button gets you to edit menu for movies or tv shows!

mtenga likes this.
  5. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

when you arrive on a page of their interface you will see in the bottom left the different action available with the remote control.

this informations disappears after 2 or 3 seconds.

at the bottom right of the screen you will see information about the scan that is in progress

6. manifesto1969

manifesto1969 Member

To get 3D movies to show up in the 3D left sidebar menu, add "3D" to your movie filename:

Example: Despicable Me 3 - 3D

Then rescan your directory

7. OlivierQC

thanks manifesto1969

8. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

How do you get 4K media to show up in the side bar?

9. Ekul

Ekul Active Member

I found out that most movies with a number in the name don`t scan.
    Solution is to manual search for the movie with a space at the end.
    For example "2012 (2009)"schould be scanned like "2012 " and not "2012"
    Look at the space after the 2.

10. manifesto1969

manifesto1969 Member

Same as 3D movies;

Example: Cars 3 - 4K

godalmighty likes this.
  11. OlivierQC

Thanks manifesto1969 :)

12. Al Perez

Al Perez Member

I can't seem to figure out how to add the second season of Game of Thrones with the new Home Theater 2.
    Season 1 worked just fine using this syntax with the files: Game of Thrones S1 E1 Winter is Coming
    S1 = Season 1 E1 = Episode 1 I also tried adding the year for season 2 2012 as part of the name but it doesn't seem to pick up on it, comes back with no title found type of error.
    Anyone else figured out how to make this work on shows with multiple seasons?

Other than that issue the new version rocks!

13. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

Don't have a clue, but HT2 has problem with number and "." Zidoo know now, have to wait

14. anurak

anurak New Member

how to install home theater 2.0

15. JohnS

JohnS Member

Try removing space between season and episode it should be S02E01. I have friends with all 10 seasons recognized with no error, same with Vikings.

16. Al Perez

Al Perez Member

Thanks for the suggestion but it didn't work. So its a mystery how we are suppose to name the file for this to work as I've tried several ways and none work so far. Keeps giving me that it can't match it to a movie or show and when I try game of thrones season 2 some dang imax poster comes up which is wrong and there's no other listing that's even close.

17. Al Perez

Al Perez Member

Sarco, Thanks for the reply I know about the space issue with movies like 1941 & 2012 at the end to solve.

18. JohnS

JohnS Member

Since you referred to GOT here is my sample img. After the name of show add S0xE0x and if you like the name of episode. It should work, remember poster wall reads file names and not folder names so for it to correctly identify the show it must be in the form "show title - S0XE0X - episode name" try it, it should work

Attached Files:

19. akan7

akan7 Member

Hi, I've been trying to get my Blu-ray remux to show up as Blu-ray, but can't. anyway around this? like in 3D and 4K

Thanks

20. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

i think Bluray section is for .iso or .bdmv not for .mkv