Feature requests for HT4.0

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Temearoo, Oct 24, 2021.

1. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

Sorry if you are offended.
    But.......lately i notice the following more and more.

Zappiti has a specific function, so Zidoo must have it to !
    Dune has a specific function, so Zidoo must have it to !
    Shield has a specific function, so Zidoo must have it to !
    etc...............

You just can't expect from Zidoo to put all the functions of the other (RTD-1619DR chipset) brands, in their devices for less money.
    There will be a point where the CPU can't handle it anymore, and will slowdown the device.

It's my belief that the developers and Betatesters are doing a great job, and what they can @mirror @Markswift2003 @Nice Monkey

People....,..You have bought a Zidoo (Which is a great device), but (Sorry to say) has a few shortcomings, BUT guess what.... So do the other brands.:confused:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
  2. Cerebro

Cerebro Member

Really liking ht4 as it is already but I have two feature requests:

- An option to add a source (folder on my NAS for instance) which doesn’t show up in my posterwall but it’s contents can be played (for instance by making a shortcut to that source). Reason for this request is that I have a folder with movies for my kids, but I don’t want those to show up when browsing all movies or 4k for instance. I know I can add a widget for kids movies, but than I still have to go through those movies when I’m browsing my collection.

- I love the feature to display the IMDb score in the left corner of the poster. But is it possible to make the numbers be a bit better readable on a poster that’s lighter colored? Maybe add a bigger dark border around the numbers?

ZidooNewbie22, lawdawg and pcristi like this.
  3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Guys, it's really not worth getting into an argument about - you're both right - @AngryVirginian - this is most definitely a thread to put forward ideas and I'd hate for people to think it's not worthwhile.

I couldn't say that the devs see every post, but ideas posted here and elsewhere get discussed in the background all the time - some make it, some don't - these devices are available in very diverse markets and so it's a case of keeping a balanced view.

@TifKag - yes, if we add too much fluff then the interface can become over complicated and fragmented so we need to keep it tight - I'd hate to see it becoming an incoherent mess like Kodi (that's just my opinion :)).

Mabon, pcristi and TifKag like this.
  4. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

About the special characters sorting issue, the new Zidoo app displays them perfectly. In the example below, the movie « Évolution » is exactly to the right place (vs my poster wall where the same movie is sorted at the top of the poster wall, before the movies starting with the character « A ».

Attached Files:

5. JOE9007

JOE9007 Member

Hello to all.
    I ask the developers if it was possible for the "collection" films to have a dynamic visualization, and perhaps the passage between one film and another of the same collection, with a single action without having to go out, choose the film and re-enter.
    I am attaching an image of how I would like the collections to be.
    Thank you very much for the excellent work you have done.
    joe
    maxresdefault.jpg

AngryVirginian likes this.
  6. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

I like this idea; I had that on my old Mede8er (details page navigation). Maybe using the Page buttons of the remote or something like that + a loop.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2021
  7. Cerebro

Cerebro Member

I have another feature request/ question.

What makes a movie appear in the Children widget? I was hoping for a shortcut to the Family category, but if I look at the movies in the Children widget I’m seeing all kinds of R rated movies, horror, thriller and other movies and tv shows that are not suited for young children. These movies don’t have a genre associated to them that explains why they appear here.

As a request I’d like a working Children widget.

lawdawg likes this.
  8. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

There's a Child Lock which can be set using the context menu in HT (Popup Menu when focus on poster):

upload_2021-12-6_19-52-53.png

Or in the web interface:

upload_2021-12-6_19-53-34.png

Of my 400 odd movies, none are in the Childrens Widget - ie the "Children Lock" is on (I use another media player for the kids).

Another way is to simply create a "Family" Category and put content into that as you want.

9. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

adding one movie at a time... it will be long :)

It would be nice if Zidoo would improve this part about category creation by having the possibility to select more than one movie at the same time

Six66Mike and Cerebro like this.
  10. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

They could use the selection mode that we have in history and favorites to remove selected videos from these categories. They just need to add the same option at the top of the poster wall and when all the video selected, Pop Menu button and "add to category".

Cerebro and vddan like this.
  11. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

A little late but I agree. Some things are just too nitpicky!

Manually Marking a TV Show Episode as watched is essential for proper functionality.

12. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Probably this is not the correct thread to post a bug for current HT 4 but need to inform. With last b.60, and some of previous firmwares, I've got a really annoying behaviour for all "unmatched" movies. Many of them got a title followed by _4K and it simply considered as unmatched while I've to do it manually one by one. Why doesn't it match from first part of the title?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2021
  13. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

Another request, can Zidoo makes the chapter list box in the player wider and maybe put the chapter start time in there. The current box is too narrow. Below pic is from a concert mkv. It would be nicer to be able to see the entire song name and timeline.

[​IMG]

Cerebro likes this.
  14. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

Trakt support. 1,000,000x Trakt support. Not sure why it hasn’t been implemented already.

This is incredibly important in a HT suite to keep a permanent log of your watchlist, and you can sync playback status between devices, and be able to recover all your statuses if you need to rescrape.

15. lawdawg

lawdawg Active Member

FDE5C359-DAFF-44EE-AA83-A7C21C8DA528.jpeg 5CD68137-1BB2-4817-9A42-9E04C853AD9D.jpeg D45E4D8B-10EB-43E5-B82C-A5B636D3DE58.jpeg 1FC64CA2-720A-4CAA-A754-34E66E998DA2.jpeg I’d like to see the ability to separate the display of clear logos. Allow it to be used on the details page and/or the loading screen, but don’t require it to be displayed on both.

IMO displaying a clear logo on the details page is redundant - why have the movie title shown 3 times? Especially when the clear logo is usually a copy of what is on the poster. So I turn off clear logos.

However I would like to display the clear logo on the loading screen. I think it jazzes that screen nicely and adds a little flair vs the plain playing “loading” text.

I have some screenshots to illustrate my point.

AngryVirginian and Cerebro like this.
  16. lawdawg

lawdawg Active Member

Plus one for excluding sources from the main posterwall, but for a different use case. I have separate folders for video calibration, audio calibration and demo clips. I want to play them on occasion, but don't need them cluttering up the wall when we sit down to watch a move.

Cerebro likes this.
  17. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

Exclude them from scraping !

18. lawdawg

lawdawg Active Member

Good idea! Being new I didn't think of that! I will try that out!

19. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

Another feature I would like to request is reporting. Would be nice if the system can export its HT data into CSV files. For example
    • Export data of all HT items that include the following columns: Display Name, Type (movie or episode), File Path, Date Added, Resolution, Color Space, Is Dolby Vision, Audio formats, etc.
    • Export data of all unmatched items with File Path and Date Added.
    • Export data of all collections and the associated items in each collection
    • Summary report showing number of items in different formats (4K, 1080p, Dolby Vision, etc)

Six66Mike likes this.
  20. muha

muha Active Member

How about "save .nfo" in options before "clean up matching info"?