Feature requests for HT4.0

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Temearoo, Oct 24, 2021.

1. m0j0

m0j0 New Member

Or it could default to theatrical and/or be something user selectable or perhaps based on an input of what size/type screen the user has. The benefit for someone with a projector screen would be to know if they need to switch up between their 2.35:1 setup to a 16x9 setup or not before starting the movie.

2. vddan

vddan Active Member

It becomes anything !! now to have trailers you have to download them 'local' and even more you have to convert them to MKV !!!!
    There I admit that my patience takes a hit and I loosen up on other brands of readers!

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

There's no need to convert to MKV - I just download the trailer I want from Trailer Addict as MP4 straight into the movie folder at the same time I put the movie in there - takes seconds.

I'm not sure why people are so against local trailers - you get a single trailer of your choice in the quality of your choice rather than whatever trash someone else has uploaded.

I don't want 5 different trailers of questionable quality, I want one decent one. Of course if you want more than one, you can do that too.

4. vddan

vddan Active Member

This is exactly what I have been doing for the past eight days and unfortunately the trailer starts and crashes or disappears ....... with the latest HT firmware unblocked a lot !!
    Thank you for your answer...;)

Mabon likes this.
  5. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

OK here i go again, it has worked fine up to 6.3.50.
    At 6.3.60 they added Youtube trailers, and from there it went south.

It's so easy, bring the V6.3,50 version back, remove or make youtube trailers selectable, or let the people who want the trailers in their own language put them locally.

So the people that don't need youtube because they understand english, don't have to waste precious HDD space.

So let the wishes of many (counting the complaints), outweigh the wishes of few.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
    vddan likes this.
  6. Markswift2003

No idea why that would be - all my MP4 trailers still work perfectly...

Were you one of the ones who updated to v6.3.65 before it got pulled down?

7. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

I'm going to be a bad guy again but...

It's nice to propose an alternative solution, but it doesn't help people who are disapointed by the repeated problems of this feature.

Zidoo offers it with the purchase of their box, so the solution is not to download trailers, but simply that Zidoo fixes the problem once and for all.

As Mark already said, there can be problems related to the availability of trailers but in this case Zidoo should not offer this feature or should officially indicate that it is preferable to download trailers if you want to use this feature.

Current users and future buyers would know what to expect.

This is only my opinion

PineapplePizza likes this.
  8. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

It's always the same problem with different features put forward by Zidoo and not working as they should.

It would be enough if the company Zidoo made a new description on their website to solve this kind of discussion.

It would not take away from Zidoo to say that some features are dependent on external factors or do not work 100% and people would appreciate their honesty.

9. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I like trailers feature in HT.
    Rather than keeping is unstable with excuse that it depends on external factors Zidoo needs to investigate come up with solution and fix it. Auto trailers is great, ability to download your own trailers is a bonus and it would be even better if we could play the same file using Zidoo full screen player with a click of a button on movie page. I don't know what has changed in v.6.3.60 when Zidoo added YouTube trailers. All trailers were always from YouTube. Even Kodi is pulling trailers from YouTube. They have changed something in .60 but the source is still the same. They acknowledged the problem and try to fix it but it didn't work too long.
    Zidoo needs to explore possibility for personal YouTube accounts to put en end to trailers issue.

Furrball and AngryVirginian like this.
  10. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

Second this for a feature request. Play local trailer with the Zidoo full screen player when clicking the trailer button on the movie detail page.

11. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

That is not the underlying problem,

A Zidoo is beginning to look like a DIY project.
    No manual with the new functions available.
    The only manual is this one, but it never gets updated

They give you functions, but.....you have to figure out yourself how they work. (agreed.....you get the explanation when you ask on the forum)

Do you want your own language, let the users translate it themselves. (I am dutch, but the posters can't be set to dutch, Only the QS and HT4)
    And how can those translators (users) do their thing, when transiflex is not kept up to date.

Trailers don't work as they should, so use local ones. (it does not matter that they worked fine online before, and waste vuluable HDD space).

Don't get me wrong, i really like my device, but in my opinion, Zidoo is putting so much features into their devices, that they have lost the overview of the existing problems.

And every new function creates new bugs.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
  12. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

That won't help either, because every single youtube clip has commercials, which the Zidoo tries to skip, hence the long startup time.
    Just ditch the youtube trailers, or make them selectable !

13. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I just got a great idea. Why not use existing "Full Screen Trailer" button on movie page? HT is already checking if local trailer exists first. If it finds local trailer play it using Zidoo Player full screen rather than Nuplayer that is low quality and stutters a lot. The scaled popup window in upper right corner of movie page can stay as is. @mirror was going to make local trailers with Zidoo player but it hasn't happen yet.

Right now if you want local trailer to play full screen and high quality using Zidoo player you need to keep a second copy of the trailer file. I made a directory for full screen trailers. Trailer files are named just like a main movie and added to the scan sources. They appear on movie page as another version of the same move a "A", "B" squares. You can play with file names to make it into "Preview" or something but in order for this to work the main movie has to be renamed also with extension prefix .movie or similar to show up instead of A, B. To find out which one is trailer just look at file path below selected A or B. If it shows /Trailers/ directory it has to be the trailer not the main movie.

vddan and AngryVirginian like this.
  14. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

And what source of trailers would we get if we ditch YouTube?

15. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

I really don't know, maybe @Markswift2003 knows.

16. Markswift2003

I'll certainly flag it once the devs are back.

Currently it uses the TMDB API to request a session and access the trailers on the TMDB page which are then sourced from Youtube or Vimeo depending where TMDB source from (I assume it uses Vimeo as well anyway..).

TifKag likes this.
  17. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

I have played around with TMDB, and have played trailers of about 30 different movies from old to new.
    Every Trailer played instantly, without pausing or buffering.

18. Markswift2003

Yeah - it's something to do with TMDB's API.

Online trailers work here without buffering or pausing but they do take several seconds to start.

19. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

And at my side it can't be leftover problems with 6.3.65, because it was n0t released for the Z1000 Pro.
    I went from 6.3.60 to 6.3.66 :confused:

20. Markswift2003

Yes I know - that comment was in regard to local trailers which were one of the sources of issue in v6.3.60 and unrelated to the online trailer problem.