Feature requests for HT4.0

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Temearoo, Oct 24, 2021.

1. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

@Markswift2003 and @Sledgehamma, I vaguely remember that library sort books that way. For example, The Prestige would be filed as "Prestige, The" and "An American Werewolf in Paris" would be filed as "American Werewolf in Paris, An." Same in Spanish - "El Toro" would be "Toro, El" and probably other languages too.

Zappiti has list of characters that can be excluded from sorting. "A, An, and The" are included by default. Plex also drops A, An, and The from sorting by default.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I think the obvious choice in terms of pure language is to drop both articles, definite and indefinite, but I have to say the more I think about it, the more I think that it's correct the way it is.

I seem to remember that Kodi drops "A" and "An" and it just didn't work.

To me "A Quiet Place" is an "A" but "The Quiet Place" would be a "Q".

Maybe the option to drop indefinite articles separately to definite articles would make sense so you can choose what works best for you...

3. Markswift2003

Le, La, L' and Les are definite articles so should be dropped, but yes, Les Dawson would cause an issue - brilliant example ;) Very funny!

4. AngryVirginian

Hence, make it optional or add a configurable list of words at the beginning of the title that should be dropped from sorting.

Whitfield and Markswift2003 like this.
  5. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

We have the same option as you, so for english titles only (The). Le, la, les and l' are considered as the first element to sort the movies on the wall. Not really a problem, even if we also have plenty of movies starting with a definite article.

What would be more important for french users (and some other languages), that would be to sort correctly the movie titles starting with a special character: À, É, È, Ê, Î, Ô... They are all grouped at the top of the poster wall, not with the other titles starting with the same character but without an accent.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
    Mabon likes this.
  6. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

Just leave that function as it is .

You just can't please everyone, it's going to be a mess.
    There will always be people who want more and more and more..........(This remark is not meant to point to, or insult someone) :oops:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
    vddan likes this.
  7. tom 10

tom 10 New Member

1. Option to exclude Collections from movie folder as it has its own category.
    2. All decades should be included in filter option as far back as there are available films i.e. 1910. Why not just as far back as 1900.
    3. Smart Playlists like PLEX offers would be nice. For an example: Playlist containing all colored movies with John Wayne from 1940's.
    I have much more to add but this is a start.

8. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

I don’t understand what you mean with number 1. To exclude the collections from the category « Movies »?

About number 3, custom categories can’t do what you would like? :)

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
  9. tom 10

tom 10 New Member

Regarding #1: In the Movies folder all Collections are included which means that movies in Collections are hidden from view. Playlists or Collections should not be in Movies folder as that breaks the Movies folder grouping.
    Collections are not a movie and neither are a Playlist.

Regarding #2: Categories are also not Playlists. Categories are a "kind" of something, i.e. drama, action, war etc. A Playlist is all James Bond movies which are not a Category of films although they are not required to be watch in sequence as they are standalone film. A Playlist is something that should be seen in sequence and not as a grouping. Grouping would be all Ralph Finnes movies regardless of which films he has been in. A Playlist would be all Harry Potter movies where Ralph Finnes (Lord Voldemort) is not in all of the movies. "Ralph Finnes" is not a Category of films as he spans over more than one category. HP movies are different from Schindlers's List.

I hope this makes sense.

10. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

Ok, got it. :)

tom 10 likes this.
  11. Markswift2003

Good point, well made.

12. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

I agree about « le, la, les, l’ » (or « a » in english) but for the special characters, that would be nice to have a sorting used everywhere else (Windows and different softwares). :)

AngryVirginian likes this.
  13. Cerebro

Cerebro Member

When I add a new episode for a tv show that’s already in my collection I often get 2 separate items in ht4. One with the episodes I already had and one with the new episode(s). I than have to rematch all episodes to get it all in one item again. This even though I have all files in the same folder and named as they should be for ht4 to recognize them. Am I doing something wrong, is there already an easy way to correct this or is it maybe a feauture request to get this working automatically?

14. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

Maybe you could try to select "More" om the detail page, and renew the page with "the circular arrows"

Cerebro likes this.
  15. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

I got this in the past as well but it seems to be fixed now. What Tv shows are you experiencing it with?
    For me it was “Foundation” for example.

Cerebro likes this.
  16. Cerebro

Cerebro Member

Thanks! This didn’t help, but I found the reason for the files not being grouped together (see below).

17. Cerebro

Cerebro Member

I had a problem with Yellowjackets. But I found the reason why. I normally do the matching with TMDB through the zidoo but for a change I did the first episodes of Yellowjackets with TVMaze to get the clearlogo. When scanning my NAS today for episode 3 it defaulted back to TMDB and it didn’t add them to the already existing episodes of this show. When I rematches the first 2 episodes with TMDB they were added to the latest episode. Problem solved :) I’m getting to know the z9x better each day.

18. AngryVirginian

Back to configurable leading words (characters) in title to ignore when sorting. Below is how Zappiti does it along with its default values.

[​IMG]

Six66Mike likes this.
  19. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

Just leave that function as it is .

You just can't please everyone, it's going to be a mess.
    There will always be people who want more and more and more..........(This remark is not meant to point to, or insult someone) :oops:

20. AngryVirginian

I thought that this is a thread to request features. What is not useful to you may be useful to someone. Otherwise, why bother having this thread at all and we should just rename the thread to HT4 Status Quo Request.