Feature requests for HT4.0

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Temearoo, Oct 24, 2021.

1. The point is that Plex can automagically scan and detect intros in your shows and will allow you to press a button to immediately skip said intros. The Zidoo functionality is manual.

Anyway, I dont think its something the Zidoo team will ever be able to do as Plex is media server and is always running + on most systems has the resources to do such intensive scanning on files while still being able to function as a media player and server for other users.

Last edited: May 28, 2022
  2. Netmask

Netmask Active Member

I'm a bit of a nay sayer on this one. I like to see the intro with the recap from the previous episode as I've probably forgotten during the week, like when I walk into the kitchen purposefully and then think "why the hell did I walk in here!! But it's an option for some...

3. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Yeah, most of the users when they see episodes weekly appreciate the intro. But the option to skip it as Netflix would be fine.

4. Mano9423

Mano9423 New Member

It’s not that bit that gets skipped. Just the opening credits, which usually comes after the prologue. This is why the current function of skipping a certain amount of time at the beginning is not quite what I’m asking for.
    That said, if it’s too difficult I can certainly struggle through! Haha

5. Koloss

Koloss New Member

Additional, when i can do this manually in the Zidoo APP it would be also a solution for me. But now i can not find this feature with button „more“ and „update“ in the APP on the IPad.

6. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

I was just thinking about this today. Now that I have gotten trailers automated for every addition I wants scripts and prerolls. Technically you could integrate this with digital signage mode but the play OSD kills it for the seemless effect. All one would need to do it write a docker script that would download your "in cinema" or "now on digital" trailers into a folder and have random play. Bumpers would be nice too that corresponded to the audio codec and of course lighting control as well. it could be beautiful. once scripting is implemented zidoo could be a game changer for home cinema.

If baby steps preroll folders, bumper folders, and trivia ( like Cinema Vision) addon for kodi.

7. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

I have a request for the soundtrack/theme song HT4 feature. I have been making my own soundtrack "suites" by placing multiple music files for a poster. For example,

Interstellar (2014)-soundtrack.1.flac
    Interstellar (2014)-soundtrack.2.flac
    Interstellar (2014)-soundtrack.3.flac
    Interstellar (2014)-soundtrack.4.flac

I would like to request that the Chapter + and Chapter - remote control buttons can be used to skip to the next song or to the beginning of the song for the poster when the soundtrack is playing.

Thank you for your consideration.

8. Cant remember if Ive requested it already, but I would like to be able to exclude certain sources from being used by the Trakt integration. For Plex, I have my 4K libraries excluded. I would like to do the same in HT.

nc88keyz likes this.
  9. Netmask

Netmask Active Member

On my main internal drive (called Zidoo1), I have a folder called Archive and that doesn't show up as I've only nominate the Movie and TV folder as shared. Family and sensitive material are in my Archive folder, not accessible by HT.

10. xliv

xliv Member

Hi all - I don't know if the best process for requesting a feature is putting it here, so that if it makes sense, it's added to the list?
    What I would really love is a way to cycle between elapsed time / remaining time with a push of a button of the remote (mappable to one of the color buttons for exemple). That's specific to some users, as it makes sense only for those with a display on the device.

I actually posted it a while ago as a separate thread here

11. Exempting sources from the Trakt integration is totally different than what you are talking about. I want my 4K library to show up in HT, I just dont want HT to pass that library information to Trakt or process any Trakt data back to that library.

Other trakt integrations allow you to do this with no issue. Simply asking for them to update the plugin to allow you to set sources that you want to exclude from processing.

12. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

A nice feature would be to be able to to select different movies on the poster wall to put all of them in a personalized category (widget) in one shot, instead of adding them one by one. Same to mark the selected ones as viewed or to add them in a collection.

vddan likes this.
  13. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

You can already do that.

Go to Sources, select the source, press <menu>, hit "Batch editing", select the movies you want, press <menu> again and select "Add to Category" (or Category 2).

Delfanboy likes this.
  14. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

IMHO, that would be more convenient to have this kind of option (not only to add some videos in a category) directly on the posterwall, just like what we already have in the left menu for the favorites and watch history (the fifth option in top left). :)

15. 3DBuff

3DBuff Active Member

@Markswift2003 and @mirror, any progress on keeping the database alive on disconnected sources?

All we need is a checkmark by the source: "Keep database alive when disconnected".

Netmask likes this.
  16. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

We would really need a new option coming in PoP Menu to "Refresh Informations" of the scrape in the database, especially for the TV shows, but not only.

When you scrape a TV show where some informations are missing or are not translated yet in your language (TMDb and TVDb), you are sticked with that situation and you can't refresh the informations (or the background images of the episodes), even if they have been added later.

With this situation, you can have a part of a season translated in a foreign language and the rest in english, just because the translations were not there when you scraped the Show the first time. And even if the translations have been added since then, you can't do anything to refresh the database of HT. Same problem if there are some spelling mistakes in the title or the plot of the episode/movie that have been corrected.

I think that this option could be extremely useful for all users, especially for people using other languages than english, because the translations are added on TMDb or TVDb some time later than english. And in the case of TMDb, we could refresh the background images of the episodes to get them in HD when uploaded later than the low res backgrounds coming from the tvdb bot.

The episodes of a TV show can now be marked as watched/unwatched (select the episode and press the Menu button of the remote). Same for the movies with the icon in top right of the details page. That's good! :)

vddan and AngryVirginian like this.
  17. kirkinezi

kirkinezi New Member

Two must have features :
    1. When select a movie to play in HT , the player starts playing files in specific folder and after play the actual movie you selected.In folder you can add i.e trailer1 , trailer2.
    2.When you are in search for a movie in HT , I would like to hear some ambient songs from a folder.

thenextvision likes this.
  18. photogeek1

photogeek1 New Member

Posted these suggestions in the Development section but seems more active here.

Detect and display aspect ratio on single title view
    Just as there are icons for 4K, Dolby Atmos, frame rate, HDR10, etc., it would be great to have the aspect ratio displayed as well. This would be especially useful for those using scope screens with projectors.

2.4:1 native display option (not compressed UI)
    I love the poster wall interface. It looks incredible and is so smooth. But, I, along with many others, have a 2.4:1 scope screen. There is a 2.35:1 display option, but the UI is merely stretched horizontally to fit the screen. Images are distorted and UI elements like the round circles for genres are not round. Would love a true widescreen option where more titles can be displayed using the wider aspect ratio.

Have the option to have single titles in a custom collection or custom genre, rather than adding titles by collection
    I tried a workaround: manually adding a Marvel genre in the web interface and assigning some movies to that genre since movies can be in multiple genres. And.... not exactly what I wanted. I get a listing of the collections in the genre area, not the titles. What I really want is to have just the single movie titles display with the full sort ability (for instance, year) so that you could watch the entire MCU catalog in order.

thenextvision likes this.
  19. K.W.H.

K.W.H. New Member

Compressed UI is for those that use an anamorphic lens. Please, oh please, do not get rid of that for a non-compressed UI. They need to think of a non-compressed UI as that used for a zoomed projector to fit a scope screen.

20. photogeek1

photogeek1 New Member

Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I use a Panamorph DCR anamorphic lens on my JVC projector. Definitely doesn't look right to me. What settings should I be using here?