EDID thread (RTD1619DR players)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

To do what?

2. enry184

enry184 Member

Nothing, sorry. I understood that the EDID was needed to have a video setup suited to my configuration. Excuse me.

3. XiziX88

XiziX88 New Member

Hi Mark Is this normal? In the first picture zidoo show 98.9 bitrate In the second picture show 81.4 bitrate

Attached Files:

4. Markswift2003

The first one is reporting Maximum Bitrate, the second comes from MediaInfo and is average bitrate.

5. XiziX88

XiziX88 New Member

Ok thanks. I ask because i had a strange problem, my movies started stutter after some(10 to 20 min) time, but problem was my hdd which is connected to my pc.Now they are in my ssd and everything is back to normal

6. Golguth

Golguth New Member

Hello Mark, first of all thank you for all the amazing support and all the informations you put in here, always really interesting stuff.
    I'm trying to read and understand as much as possible but it's not always easy when you have no knowledge.
    My configuration is the following : Zidoo Z9xPro on a Marantz Cinema 50, a Sony Bravia X90K (wich handles everything) and a JVC DLA X7900 (wich can handle HRD10 but not very well).
    My question is what do you think would be the best settings to make both the TV and PJ working at their best without constantly switching the config or EDID in the Zidoo before watching a movie ?

Thanks a lot !

7. Markswift2003

It's always going to be problematic with two different displays.

Firstly the JVC - as you know, HDR performance on those PJs is bad - I have the 7000 which is two years older. By the time they released the 2017/18 series (yours) they had a better handle on it, but it still wasn't great.

So you can either handle HDR with the built in settings, import a custom gamma (better) or use LLDV with a custom gamma (best)

Or you can use VS10 to convert everything to SDR (somewhere between better and best).

So what config do you use currently to watch on

a) the Sony
    b) the JVC

8. Golguth

Golguth New Member

My last test (which was quite ok) was to use VS10 to tonemap everything to HDR10 (with one of your EDID). Issue is that the HDR profile and gamma in my JVC is not really well calibrated and as you know, result won't be perfect anyway so...Yesterday I have tested the full tone mapping to SDR with VS10 like proposed (my SDR profile is 100% calibrated) and the result is very good, even on my Sony Bravia so I think I'll use this setting for both displays :) (I have read that this is only rec 709 right ?)

Maybe one day Zidoo will do a unit with two full outputs and separated management ?

Anyway, thanks again for the help ;)

9. Sinatra

Sinatra New Member

Hi Mark

Can you let me know if my tv is tv led or player led please ?

Thank you

Attached Files:

• edid.txt
      File size:
      256 bytes
      Views:
  10. Markswift2003

Not at the moment I'm afraid... I'm afk.

11. Sinatra

Sinatra New Member

12. Rainer

Rainer New Member

hello I am wondering if anyone can help me, I have a JVC projector DLA-X790R and an Arcana 4K. I have the VS10 for all content on and everything is working but finding the picture very dark, I have tried different settings with max luminance on the arcana but nothing seems to change. I don't know if I am doing something wrong or if there are any best settings suggestions to try for the arcana, thanks in advance

13. Markswift2003

Just checked, and it's LLDV only - ie Player Led only.

14. Markswift2003

I'm never quite sure what the Arcana does (I use Vertex 2) but are you using a custom EDID?

15. Rainer

Rainer New Member

no I'm not using a custom edid, I thought I could do that through the HDfury arcana

16. Rainer

Rainer New Member

I have HDR set to lldv sync
    lldv to HDR on
    min luminance at 10
    max luminance at 1000
    I noticed there is a setting to turn off HDR on the aracana wondering if that would be best
    but then of course it doesn't turn on HDR on the projector
    I have tried the max luminance at 300 see no difference
    I have been reading through all of these posts and trying to figure things out but would using a custom edid make a difference or is the aracana basically doing the same thing ?
    thanks

17. Markswift2003

As I say I don't know exactly what the Arcana does - I assume it's a kind of cut down version of a Vertex.

Essentially you tell the Zidoo by way of a custom EDID (either in an HDFury device or in the Zidoo) that the display does LLDV. You then set the Zidoo to output LLDV in HDR settings and tell the display to use its HDR10 mode using the same luminance parameters as the LLDV EDID.

The problem with early JVC projectors (yours is 2 years younger than mine) is they are a bit crap at HDR. So I use a custom gamma that I designed to provide maximum "brightness" without blooming rather than the inbuilt HDR mode and use BT2020 as a colour profile completely bypassing the JVC HDR settings. This also allows me to use the dynamic iris which is deactivated in the "normal" HDR mode.

Another approach is to use the Zidoo to convert to SDR using VS10 which should yield excellent results. In that case you use an SDR EDID and the VS10 engine to convert all content to SDR and set the projector to Rec.709 - at the end of the day a projector is at best an SDR device, so something has to do the conversion, so why not the Zidoo - it's rather good at it.

Attached is a PDF about this.

Also a PDF explaining how I use LLDV on my JVC.

Attached Files:

18. Rainer

Rainer New Member

thank you for your help I really appreciate it, i will try out a few more settings and see how things go

19. Rainer

Rainer New Member

Hello again, when you say you created your own gamma curve, are you meaning in the jvc itself?
    that was something else I was looking into as I am able to load custom gammas into my jvc. Unfortunately I have a Mac and not a pc so not able to install their calibration software which I believe is the only way to create one or is there another way? I think if I have the file I might be able to load it into the jvc without a pc.
    Sorry for all the questions
    Rainer

20. Markswift2003

I actually created it in Excel years ago after spending a great deal of time on AVS on the old JVC threads - you need the calibration software to upload it.

This is my curve if you can borrow a PC - or maybe can you use a virtual machine?

https://mega.nz/file/QLh23AQJ#luwScsTSoMCuDoZR8yiMRcayNqHFyELS2zxMygbIbxs