EDID thread (RTD1619DR players)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Mar 18, 2021.

1. umberto5585

umberto5585 New Member

Hey Zaudio.. I'm very curious what you did to see the improvement here. I have a different BenQ model of the 2060. I purchased an HDFury arcana to attempt to see the benefits of LLDV. I'm a bit lost on the settings to apply on the HDFury device as well as what EDID might show the improvement. So far everything has looked rather dark and I suppose I was hoping to see the picture pop a bit more with DV or HDR content. May I ask what settings you applied on your HDFury device in conjunction with the 200 nits EDID.. as in min/max luminance, fall etc. thanks in advance for any help!

2. Zaudio

Zaudio Member

I
    - soft powered off my Z9x (left my PJ on though)
    - loaded the 200 nit file to custom slot 9; that being what all my inputs are set to use.
    - Set the use custom HDR when input is LLDV: well in my case already was from before
    - Specified HDR meta, then clicked 'Create IF', then Send HDR.
    - rebooted my vertex2 from the config menu after to ensure everything picked up properly
    - Started my Z9x
    The results on my 4550 with my 135 inch screen are awesome, like I said better than the 1000 nit file. And it remains awesome.

upload_2023-12-17_1-25-34.png

Markswift2003 likes this.
  3. Ozzyoz

Ozzyoz Member

Hello Zaudio , which EDIT are you talking about? "loaded the 200 nit file to custom slot 9"
    Thank You

4. Zaudio

Zaudio Member

Dude, if you are going to post about a recent thread, please at least read the recent thread.
    See ^^^^^ and the one I used is there.
    This entire thread is about EDIDs for the rtd1619 players; the first posts contain an entire list, including a file of all Mark's EDIDs for the BT2020 LLDV trick, and others.
    I needed versions supporting HDR10+ for my BenQ HT4550i, hence the more recent thread about that following a technical discussion on using lower nit files on PJs.

5. Ozzyoz

Ozzyoz Member

Hey man... take it easy, I've read your threads... sorry to bother you anyway.

6. Reymond Yann

Reymond Yann New Member

Bonne soirée, Voici quelques photos des réglages du Zidoo et du Vidéoprojecteur.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      1.5 MB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      1.4 MB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      2 MB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      1.9 MB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      1.9 MB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      907.9 KB
      Views:
    • 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      File size:
      1.5 MB
      Views:
    • 8.jpg
      8.jpg
      File size:
      1.1 MB
      Views:
    • 9.jpg
      9.jpg
      File size:
      2.4 MB
      Views:
  7. Ganimedessp

Ganimedessp New Member

Bonsoir! Est-ce que tu n'as pas besoin jusque du Zidoo et le projecteur ou est-ce que tu as quelque chose an plus?
    J'ai essayé mais je ne vois pas une meilleure image.
    Merci.-

8. Reymond Yann

Reymond Yann New Member

Good evening,

The video projector is connected to my Marantz 7013 as well as the zidoo.

9. Jordanfff

Jordanfff New Member

Hi All
    My current setup is
    Oppo 203, video only to hdfury vertex 1
    Oppo 203,audio only to Onkyo 656 AV
    Vertex 1 lldv video of all sources to Epson LS12000 projector
    The problem with this setup is no lldv from oppo with MkV files
    1. If I connected z9x pro to the hdmi input port of oppo and set it to bypass to hdfury. Would I still get atmos audio through the audio only port of oppo to av and also get LLdv mkv to projector
    2.Can the list of custom edid's listed at the start of this forum for zidoo also be used in used in the HDfury vertex. Thanks

10. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It's been a while since I used a Vertex 1 but can't you connect Oppo to Input 0 and Z9X to Input 1 and set it to autoswitch?

Or connect all sources direct to the amp and put the Vertex on the output of the amp to the projector?

Yes, EDID is a universal standard so all EDIDs will work on the Vertex.

11. Jordanfff

Jordanfff New Member

OK, will look at that, and thanks for reply

12. XiziX88

XiziX88 New Member

Hi Markswift2003
    This is my EDID when my Zid00 Z9X is direcly conected to my TV LG C2.

When my zidoo is directly connected to my tv i cant play DTS but when is connected to my Soundbar Q990c the sound is ok but other problems appears, to fix them i connected my tv directly to my zidoo and made copy to my LG C2 EDID then i connect back zidoo to my soundbar and upload this EDID to zidoo and everything went back to normal.

Would you possible to add HDR10+ support and all sound formats and check if everything is ok with TV Led DV.
    And can you explain to me why this happened because i am very confused and why i am able to play DTS and DV this way. I ask because my soundbar doesn't support DV but support HDR10+ and my tv doesn't support DTS.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 9, 2024
  13. Markswift2003

For some reason soundbars are notoriously bad at handling EDIDs.

What should happen is the display portion of the EDID is combined with the audio portion of the Soundbar EDID and a hybrid EDID is presented to the Zidoo. However because the EDID is only 256bytes, sometimes this goes wrong.

Can you also post your EDID with the soundbar connected so I can see the audio modes it has please.

14. XiziX88

XiziX88 New Member

Attached Files:

15. Markswift2003

Ok, here's the LG EDID with full audio from the soundbar:

https://mega.nz/file/lHhQiTBD#XMIKwEPkiqC_aZ_neca3HDdyHPjIPenb51P-9MIN1l0

This is the same with HDR10+ but if your display doesn't support HDR10+ then it makes no difference - you'll see the HDR10+ logo produced by the Zidoo but the LG will only decode as HDR10.

https://mega.nz/file/hHQ0hAaD#pPP0oZl_UEQPD5XlzeoTwe2O6LilvayYI8JtxSea4C8

16. XiziX88

XiziX88 New Member

Thank you!!!
    Is everything normal with TV Led DV?

17. Markswift2003

Yes, it supports both TV & Player Led.

18. XiziX88

XiziX88 New Member

Just one more question
    Deep Color Compatibility mode OPEN or TURN OFF

19. Markswift2003

Off - it's not needed with your TV (or most people's)

20. enry184

enry184 Member

Good morning. I have the Zidoo UHD3000, connected to a 77 inch C3 LG OLED TV, the OLED77C34LA model. Is it possible to have a dedicated EDID for my current configuration? Thank you