EDID thread (RTD1619DR players)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Mar 18, 2021.

1. fabiopg

fabiopg New Member

Hi, sorry but I don't understand the EDID operation.
    For example, The video has min: 0.0001 cd/m2, max: 1000 cd/m2. If I use teh EDID with file "Full + BT.2020 200nit LLDV" or with file "Full + BT.2020 1000nit LLDV"", which are the different? Thanks

2. jotole

jotole New Member

Good afternoon Markswift2003,

I think I haven't expressed myself well, sorry.

I don't know which EDID on the first page would work best in the configuration I set previously.

So far, I have used Ziddo in my living room with a Sony XF9005 and it has worked very well, but of course the Sony has DV, and now I plan to use it with an Epson TW9400 which it does not have.

So my intention is to get the maximum color and brightness out of my projector.

On the other hand, I want to update to the z9x pro soon, would the EDID you indicate work for me or should I use another one?

Thanks for your time.

Greetings

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

As I say it depends what you want to (I know you want the best picture!).

If you want to use VS10 SDR then you need the Rec.709 SDR EDID. If you want to try LLDV, then you would use an LLDV EDID but in that case you probably need an HDFury device to send an HDR message to activate the Epson's HDR mode - unless the Epson can be switched manually into HDR - I don't know if it can or not - someone with the same PJ may be able to help there.

jotole likes this.
  4. jotole

jotole New Member

Hello!

Thanks for your response, so which of these two should I try?
    BT.2020 400nit LLDV or this BT.2020 4000nit LLDV.
    When I try it I will see if the Epson activates the HDR mode, if it doesn't, I will have to put an HDFury.
    I have read several comments about the benefits of this device, but I don't really know how to configure it. If the benefit is really noticeable, I'm not worried about getting one.

Thanks a lot again for everything

5. Markswift2003

Definitely the 400nit one.

The Epson will not activate HDR mode on it's own because an LLDV signal does not contain an HDR message so the Epson will assume it is SDR.

You need to activate HDR mode in the Epson manually.

I would recommend an HDFury Vertex 2 (or better) to anyone who considers this a hobby - it's great for trouble shooting and many other things including EDID management.

jotole likes this.
  6. jotole

jotole New Member

Ok, I'll try the one you suggested.

Thank you very much for everything!!

Markswift2003 likes this.
  7. Racan

Racan New Member

Hello Markswift2003

I'd appreciate it if you could help me remove Dolby Vision from my Sony 49XF9005 EDID. I prefer HDR10.

Thank you.

Attached Files:

• edid.txt
      File size:
      256 bytes
      Views:
    Last edited: May 2, 2024
  8. Markswift2003

Done.

https://mega.nz/file/UPg1XBzY#2NuhYusJRHCESAdOMveezgtnWP6zzbI8TNTxRS5hCLE

I notice this is the straight Sony EDID with no amp connection - do you use this with an amp/soundbar or connected direct to the TV?

This EDID only supports PCM, AC3, E-AC3 and DTS.

Racan likes this.
  9. Racan

Racan New Member

Directly to the TV.

Thank you for this

I’m curious what software are you using to edit the EDID. I’d like to learn how to do this myself.