Coming Soon...

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A8' started by Markswift2003, Oct 29, 2023.

1. multisport4me

multisport4me Member

Can someone please confirm this? I don't think I've seen any reviews stating that the A8 is Roon enabled except through Airplay or something like that. The Roon users say the A6 worked because at first ship it presented itself as a Zidoo player that is Roon Ready but that they weren't supposed to enable Roon RAT until certified. That said, I thought that the device can in fact work as a Roon RAT enabled device until they received certification, at which point, they can ADVERTISE that they are Roon Ready. Sooooo....is anyone using their A8 with Roon and RAT?

2. Purité Audio

Purité Audio Well-Known Member

I use the A-8 with Roon and it’s fine,
    Keith

Nutul likes this.
  3. kc001

kc001 Active Member

Not so sure that it has been "Roon Ready" certified yet - at least it's not listed as such in Roon's website

4. Purité Audio

The ‘picture’ in Roon is one of Zidoos other products as it was with the A-6 before it became certified but it does still work with Roon.
    Keith

5. kc001

kc001 Active Member

I don't know what "picture" you refer to - I am looking here:

https://roon.app/en/partners/187/eversoloaudio
    upload_2023-12-1_18-28-18.png
    where the A8 will appear when the 'certification' becomes official

6. Purité Audio

Yes that picture, it isn’t of an A-8 yet!
    Keith

7. Purité Audio

Tried the analogue ins of the A-8 this evening, plugged in my turntable , well phono stage of my turntable and it worked really plenty of gain.
    Keith

8. BillyVegas

BillyVegas Member

Keith ,

since you have taken delivery of these and hopefully have had a chance to play
    with one ..

I have an A8 on preorder ….
    I don’t want to take delivery if it’s not going to work for me ..

can you help me out regarding a couple questions , trying to figure out if it’ll work in my system before it ships ….

do you have a tv you can hook it up to via hdmi arc ?
    if not , I have another question ….

*will the A8 automatically turn the tvs internal speakers on or off when the A8 is either powered on or off - or tv powered on/off , or any combination of those ? Need to know if I‘m gonna have to get into the tvs menu to turn the internal speakers on/off each time I want to use the A8 with a tv …. more concisely , will the tv sense the ARC connection and turn it‘s internal speakers on/off automatically , like an AVR does with hdmi cec ?
    will the tv turn its internal speakers on/off when the A8 is powered on/off - assuming the A8‘s Input in set to HDMI ?

*second question…
    assuming the A8 is in a covered cabinet , will it’s remote power it on/off out of standby using it’s Bluetooth connection- meaning , not requiring line of sight IR …
    the A6 , I believe , requires line of sight IR to turn it on/off using its remote .

I can’t seem to find anyone to answer these questions…
    Eversolo has been non-responsive to my inquiries.

greatly appreciate any answers …

thanks

9. Purité Audio

Billy I think I may have at least part;y answered your questions over at ASR?
    Best,
    Keith

10. BillyVegas

BillyVegas Member

Yes sir !

doesn’t answer my questions, but I appreciate the help !

looks like someone forgot to put the remote in your box …

Bk

Last edited: Dec 2, 2023
  11. Purité Audio

Sorry I haven’t found any way of turning the A-8 on except pushing the button on the front from ‘off’.
    Max screensaver is only 2 hours, I will keep looking.
    Keith

12. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

13. Milky

Milky Active Member

I call out lies wherever I see them. Not trying to debate. I see people acting as "experts" and misinforming others. Just correcting bad information, wherever it may be posted.

14. Franc

Franc New Member

Is the A8 supposed to be available in Roon (other thatn AirPlay)? If so, is there any configuration in the A8 required?

15. Purité Audio

Yes I connect mine directly to my Roon Nucleus ( USB) and it also available as an Airplay device, no configuration required.
    Keith

16. Franc

Franc New Member

Thank you for your reply. I've got mine network connected only (no USB connection to my core) and I only have the A8 available via AirPlay in Roon. Am I missing something?

17. Purité Audio

You can directly connect yo your LAN of course.
    Best,
    Keith

18. multisport4me

multisport4me Member

Keith, when you connect your A8 via USB to the Nucleus, do you see cover art on the A8? I recall trying this connection method with the A6 and there was no metadata or anything but the stream of music. Which is why I ended up using RAAT via network on the A6.

19. Purité Audio

No no cover art when connected via USB, unless I am doing something horribly wrong!
    Roon on the Ipad gas everything of course,’ internal player’ will show cover art.
    Sorry about the `RAAT ‘ hopefully certification soon.
    Keith

20. multisport4me

multisport4me Member

No worries. Yes, USB connected to my ROCK works perfectly. At least I now have VU or Spectrum meters to look at now. I can throw album art up via Roon to my TV as well so this will have to suffice until Roon Ready/RAAT comes out. Speaking of which....

@mirror what is the status on Roon Ready ????