Coming Soon...

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A8' started by Markswift2003, Oct 29, 2023.

1. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Streamers ARE transparent. Actually, it doesn't even make any sense to talk about transparency of streamers: they stream DATA, not sound. Talking streamers here, not STREAMER / DAC / AMP.

Jonsc likes this.
  2. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Can we delete this thread and start over? This thread is contaminated.

atomic garden and fofocho like this.
  3. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Agree.
    Anyway, the device has been already announced on the Eversolo site, so that the title, at least, is obsolete ;-)

ammar11 likes this.
  4. Milky

Milky Active Member

Maybe they are maybe they aren't, but either way, they don't all sound the same. And his statement that, used as a streamer only, the A6 can't possibly be improved, is definitely FALSE. Just shows he hasn't actually listened to and compared streamers that have any significant differences.

It may just be data, but noise plays a big factor in streamers. So if transparent just means all the 1 and 0's are getting through, then you would be correct. But all else being equal, streamers powered by a proper LPS, in general, will sound better. Those powered by a proper battery or supercapacitor will sound even better, in general. Also, the clocks in the streamer make a big difference as well, but not as important as the clocks in the dac.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2023
    Miki222 likes this.
  5. Milky

Milky Active Member

You can, I like calling out their BS too much though lol

6. Alan Rutlidge

Alan Rutlidge Well-Known Member

Geez @Milky . If anything I will cite your BS below. You like throwing around unsubstantiated comments but don't like it when other people call you out for been factually incorrect. :rolleyes:

If this is the case (which BTW it isn't and no pun intended), eversolo would then appear to be lying to their advertising - Check out this linked page from eversolo's own website.
    Under Functional overview - first point - "Solid aluminium alloy chassis, brushed panel." So either you are calling out evesolo or you are BS'ing as usual?
    Do you even own a DMP-A6 or a DMP-A8? I suspect not. I suspect you're just here trolling this forum.

I own a DMP-A6 and I can confirm it has an all alloy case. The case is not plastic as @Milky claims.

Jonsc and Nutul like this.
  7. Milky

Milky Active Member

Had the a6. Ordered the a8. Thanks for the correction. The a6 was very light weight for it's size. I must admit I didn't double check the build materials. Kinda disappointed, thought the A8 would be more substantial. The rest has all been proven.

8. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Aaaaaaaa. ANALOG NOISE DOES NOT GET INTO THE DIGITAL DOMAIN. FULL STOP. Noise in the digital domain EQUALS data corruption, not audible noise. The basics. Will you please stop mixing apples and oranges?!?!? Have you got an idea of the enormous BS you are talking about?!?!?
    They call themselves audiophiles, use digital devices, know nothing about digital electronics.

Jonsc and Alan Rutlidge like this.
  9. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

You are indeed very funny in your innocence.

Alan Rutlidge likes this.
  10. Alan Rutlidge

Nice try, but no peanut butter sandwich. For a person like yourself who appears to be big on calling out others and outrightly dismissing their comments you seem to provide no proof of your own claims other than your say so. :eek:
    Seriously, you owned a DMP-A6 and could not tell the difference between an aluminium alloy case and a plastic one? That's absolutely hilarious. :p You didn't even bother to check nor apparently read the handbook packaged with the device. Page 4 under Specifications - first line. ROFLMAO.

DMP-A6 pg4.png

11. Milky

Milky Active Member

So funny. Good for you. You know how to read and nit pick the thing I already i admitted I was wrong about

12. Milky

Milky Active Member

Anolog noise can ride along side the digital unless it's running on glass. It rides on the copper through the chain and can inject that noise in further down the line when converted to analog. Proven by fiber sounding better than ethernet. Doesn't corrupt the bits, but in addition to the bits. Also there is digital noise, jitter

Last edited: Nov 30, 2023
  13. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Which a new PSU won't help you get rid of (your UAC2.0 DAC will, though, as that's the main purpose of the protocol). Keep on trying, you're welcome.
    Ah, and I am sure it wasn't about nit-picking something you already admitted: the fact that your hands weren't able to distinguish plastic from aluminum alloy tell a long story about your ears being able to detect subtleties induced by new PSU applied to streamers.

14. Milky

Milky Active Member

A lower noise power supply won't lower the noise? I took it out of the box and pluged it in so sue me

15. Alan Rutlidge

Perhaps you should try fact checking yourself before you start shooting off your versions of "the facts" ? How about uploading a picture of your DMP-A6 and your audio system. Oh, my bad.... :oops:. of course you probably can't because .......
    How about treating us with a picture of your system depicting the DMP-A8 when it arrives? I'm really looking forward to seeing it in your system. When are you expecting delivery of your DMP-A8?

16. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

won't lower the jitter in the data domain you are mentioning. You cannot even focus on what you say, and jump left and right of the main topic, sign of absolute ignorance on the argument. Be serious, instead of spitting words you heard or read somewhere, but haven't understood completely. Sue you? For one thing: have you really held the A6 in your hands to feel the "plastic" body, as you stated it was made of? Have you ever touched aluminum, except for the foil enveloping the junk food you eat?

17. Milky

Milky Active Member

Yes I should. Maybe I will in the future.

Couldn't care less if you belive if I actually bought the a8 not. Even if I never owned either, it wouldn't change anything.

18. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Me stats to love this thread. It's addicting. Well, the people in it are...

19. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

You better, as to gain credibility. It would, indeed, change things; for one, the idea we have made up of you.

20. Milky

Milky Active Member

I know that. A better clock will though. A better power supply will inject less noise further down the chain when the signal is converted to analog. Had no idea what aluminum was until just now.