Coming Soon...

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A8' started by Markswift2003, Oct 29, 2023.

1. Milky

Milky Active Member

Why do I need credibility? It's all proven stuff and nobody is actually arguing against my points. Except for the lead and aluminum. Got a meal theme going on here

2. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

You see? Again you jump out of the box. The PSU won't reduce the jitter, because the DAC is elsewhere. It won't reduce the noise, because it's not noise, but jitter, unrelated. The ANALOG noise does not get into the DIGITAL data. We are not talking about clocks, a PSU does not have any clocks.
    You had no idea what aluminum was till just now... OMG, and I am wasting my time with such a wa*k.

3. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

I am. Because it's pure BS. It's proven nowhere, except in your head. Science is proof, not emotions and fear of having spent money on vaporware. 80k system, and then buys a streamer for 800... Get yourself a Mola Mola if you are serious. It is a DAC and a streamer. Ah, a good one, on both sides. And you do not need to replace its PSU.

Jonsc and Alan Rutlidge like this.
  4. Milky

Milky Active Member

I know the power supply won't reduce jitter. I didn't say it would. I know the power supply noise does not get into the digital data, i misread your comment and then deleted my response after rereading . Didn't say a psu has clocks, said streamer does. I know what aluminum is I was being facetious.

5. Alan Rutlidge

Alan Rutlidge Well-Known Member

Okay I'm assuming "aluminum" is a typo error. I believe the correct spelling for the metal is "aluminium". Chemical symbol Al. Look it up on Wiki or simply Google it to discover its properties.

On another thread I believe you stated you build your own amplifiers and DACs. If so, I find it amazing that you have never encountered aluminium. :rolleyes: It's an extremely common lightweight metal used in a huge number of everyday things including the use of it as possibly the most common material used for heatsinks in electronics.

Nutul likes this.
  6. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Ok, so now, my good boy, buy a book about digital audio, one about USB AUDIO CONTROL, one about TCP/IP protocol and read them all, carefully.
    You'll come out better informed, and possibly our little keyboard war will come to an end.

7. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Aluminium is British, Aluminum is American.

Alan Rutlidge likes this.
  8. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Now I think I'll take a nap. as it's 3:38am and I haven't slept last night... close to 40 hours straight...
    'night guys, TTYT

9. Milky

Milky Active Member

I'll repeat since there is confusion. Power supply and clocks effect the sound of a streamer. That's why streamers can sound different. Clocks can reduce jitter, digital noise. Psu can reduce the analog noise that flows along all of the copper components of even "all digital" devices unless they use glass (fiber) . When the streamer is connected to a dac via anykind of metal cable (copper, silver) , that noise can flow along with it. Once the signal is converted to analog that noise, from the power supply of the streamer, can get injected into the signal path effecting the sound. That's why streamers can sound different.

10. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Read the books, first, then we can talk about noise in the PSU that magically gets into the TCP packets and reaches the DAC.

Alan Rutlidge likes this.
  11. Milky

Milky Active Member

It doesn't get in the packets at all. I didn't say anything like that. It injects the noise AFTER the analog conversion. The power supply creates noise. Theres a copper path that the digital data takes to get from the streamer to the dac. That same copper path can carry the noise created by the power supply of the streamer at the same time, independent of the data and not cause any digital errors. Two independent things at once. It leaves the streamer still on copper so the data and power supply noise is still traveling on the copper path. The dac takes the data from the copper path and converts it to analog. The power supply noise is still also still on that copper path as well. So after the conversion to analog, the analog noise from the streamers power supply can interfere with the analog signal. That is unless you galvanicly isolate the noise in some way like a fiber run, an air gap, transformer, etc. The PS Audio airlens and the Denafrips Arce are the only streamers i know of that are galvanicly isolated. So pretty much any other streamer connected by copper is going to transfer its power supply noise to the dac. I don't know of any dacs that do galvanic isolation, or at least any that advertise that they do. So the dacs aren't eliminating the noise.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2023
  12. Milky

Milky Active Member

If the explanation above is lacking or incorrect please let me know.

13. fofocho

fofocho Active Member

The guy expert in differentiating richness, timbre and lush has compared the A8 vs A6. He says the preamp of A8 is meh

14. Purité Audio

Purité Audio Well-Known Member

At least now ‘Milky’ is aware of the existence of aluminium.
    So the thread hasn’t been a complete waste.
    Keith

Nutul and Alan Rutlidge like this.
  15. fofocho

fofocho Active Member

How are you doing with the break-in process Purité Audio? Have you let the A8 alone or are you sitting in front and carefully listening during the process to appreciate how it gradually evolves?

16. Alan Rutlidge

Alan Rutlidge Well-Known Member

I watched this in its entirety. Interesting review, but I wonder how unbiased it was?
    My reason for asking is the paid promotion banner that popped up at the beginning of the video.

When you click on that banner, YouTube takes the viewer to the following content -
    Watching videos with paid product placements, sponsorships & endorsements
    When a video includes paid product placements, endorsements, or sponsorships, you’ll see a disclosure at the beginning of the video when designated by the creator.

What are paid product placements, sponsorships & endorsements?
    Paid product placements:

• Videos about a product or service because there's a connection between the creator and the maker of the product or service.
    • Videos created for a company or business in exchange for compensation or free of charge products/services.
    • Videos where that company or business’s brand, message, or product is included directly in the content and the company has given the creator money or free of charge products to make the video.
    Endorsements: Videos created for an advertiser or marketer that contains a message that reflects the opinions, beliefs, or experiences of the creator.

Sponsorships: Videos that have been financed in whole or in part by a company, without integrating the brand, message, or product directly into the content. Sponsorships generally promote:

• The brand

iiWi video review of DMP-A8.png

17. Purité Audio

Purité Audio Well-Known Member

In the last half hour it has developed a scrumptious, nutty midrange with overtones of persimmon and wild jasmine, sadly I don’t have your ability to determine the exact moment of perfect burn -in, is there a danger that I might burn it in too much and it will become burnt out?
    Keith

fofocho likes this.
  18. fofocho

fofocho Active Member

You will realize the exact moment, but you need to have a high-end revealing system

19. kc001

kc001 Active Member

lol :D:)

Nutul likes this.
  20. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Lol,
    you know that every electronic component, given enough current, can become a source of light - even for a small time, nevertheless - right?

Given that, I think that once the so-called "burn-in" is completed, there will be no further improvement in the audio quality; you can then take that moment as the end of it.
    If you cannot hear any difference (and I am pretty confident you cannot) from, say, yesterday evening , your can consider the burn-in completed, and just enjoy the music from now on, ça va?

Ah, almost forgot: from your stock, take the best amp and the best speakers that go with it, together with very high-quality interconnects and speaker cables; otherwise the resolution of your system won't be high enough.

Cheers, Al.