Beta version v6.4(7).42 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X/NEO Alpha release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Oct 18, 2022.

1. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

As Mark says, Zidoo is unbeatable if you use mostly MKVs, Posterwall is great and if you like a custom interface Zidoo is for you.

After that and no matter what brand of media box, there will always be compromises to make, as we regularly say there is no perfect media box.

You just have to choose the one that is the most adapted to your usage habits.

Concerning the follow-up, and this is only my opinion but I find that Zidoo makes a very good follow-up (in general around 3 years) with this type of multimedia device.

Concerning the next FW, let's be patient.

With my Zidoo I don't have any particular problem to watch movies, I can be patient to have the next FW.

See you soon

darkeyes909, Etienne and rozel like this.
  2. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

May I just add that the problem with some BD Menus not working correctly is due to the specific SOC being used? Please say though if this is not the case

3. OlivierQC

I have a Dune HD RTD1619DR in addition to the Zidoo and the BDmenu works fine with all my ISO's... so I guess it's not the SOC.

But Markswift2003 can certainly answer your question.

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It's not the SOC, it's the BD Java software and this is the only bit where Zidoo always plays catch up.

The BDA (BluRay Disc Association) controls and licences the IPR for BD Java and they continually change the goalposts with obfuscated playlists and other sneaky tricks in order to make life difficult for non licenced third parties writing their own libraries as Zidoo have to.

(Of course if you decide to use the BD Java software without licencing, your BD Menu playback will be pretty good. If you happen to then licence your unlicenced software to another company, their BD Menu playback will be pretty good too.)

rozel likes this.
  5. Bdub48

Bdub48 Member

And this is why I've asked on here before if there's anybody that can talk to someone in the know about animated backgrounds haven't got a response yet. I've seen it work on a YouTube video and I'm sure so have others have and i know many of my friends are interested in this that have a Zidoo. So i understand both sides of the equation being patient and also being frustrated. we have all made an investment in this and for the most part the Zidoo works fine, but if there's a way to jazz it up and improve things of course some of us are gonna give our opinion. Its only natural but there's a way of going about it.

Bdub48

vddan likes this.
  6. OlivierQC

I don't know if there will be any big improvement with this generation of device and with the very good results in some comparisons with their new Eversolo, I understand that Zidoo gives priority to this range of device for the moment.

Yes we will always be frustrated no matter what device we choose, I don't think there is one without default and I never had or saw one that managed to improve everything before moving to the next generation.

I'm waiting to see if there will be an improvement of the Bdmenu support and an improvement of their Zidoo Control with the future FW.

B0RN and rozel like this.
  7. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

I'm happy as I only play mkv files, but if I have to complain on something coming from the Shield Pro and hopefully future products resolves this, smoother UI using performance Cortex cores, 3-4GB RAM, 64 bit OS, get smooth match framrate when starting a movie instead of the black screen when the UI is set to 60Hz, when playing a movie on Plex with the Shield it refreshes smoothly even though it's running 60Hz UI.

mytich likes this.
  8. Bdub48

Bdub48 Member

Thank You for the response. I think with some of us that get frustrated from a lack of a response or just a rude one so again I thank you for being cordial about it.

Bdub48

9. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

That's right but we shouldn't play around if Zidoo works fine.

10. Jordan Walker

Jordan Walker Member

Sure is quiet around here.. I’m hoping the next firmware will be one hell of an update!

vddan likes this.
  11. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

I only use MKV’s and the odd MP4 so presently the only problems I have are

1. Cast and directors in TV series.
    2. Fix TVDB.
    3. Fix Web interface

I’ve never liked “the cinema experience” or presentation. Just the movie or episode satisfy my needs. But I do hope Zidoo will get a move on as the lengthy delay has a detrimental effect on their long term reputation and that’s a shame. The sane thing happened to Beyonwiz and Popcorn….and then they died. ☹️

12. Pateco

Pateco New Member

Hi,
    I have problems with my LG C2 Oled TV and Soundbar Philips Fidelio B95/10
    Setup
    LG C2 Oled TV
    Philips Fidelio B95/10 Soundbar
    Latest Apple TV 4K 128 GB
    Zidoo Z9X
    2 Kabel Direct HDMI 2.1 Ultra High Speed, certified cable, Soundbar to LG C2 and Apple TV 4k to Soundbar
    1 Audioquest Pearl HDMI 2.0, Zidoo Z9X to Soundbar
    Google Chromecast with google TV
    If I connect to the LG C2 HDMI everything works great, but i loose the DTSX, DTSHD audio on Zidoo, DTS not supported in LG.
    No problem with Apple TV 4K, Both LG and Apple do not support DTS.
    The problem start when connect Zidoo Z9X and Apple TV 4K directly to the Soundbars HDMI, B95/10 has 2 has inputs.
    Both Zidoo and Apple TV only output 1080p, no HDR and Dolby Vision??.
    Apple TV 4k no HDR10 or Dolby Vision in streaming APPs, Apple TV+, Netflix, HBOMAX, Disney+ and Prime Video.
    If I connect the Google Chromecast with google TV to the soundbar, only show SDR on Screen and Sound, but when playing Streaming APPs it output correctly HDR and Dolby Vision???
    Soundbar connected to LG C2 on HDMI 2 eARC/ARC.
    All help is appreciated
    PS. With the previous TV which was a Philips 4K LED with HDR10/HDR10+/Dolby Vision, I had no problem, I connected it to the soundbar and everything worked perfectly

Last edited: Mar 4, 2023
  13. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

If both the Zidoo and the Apple product are outputting 4k fine to the TV when they are plugged in direct to it
    And neither are outputting 4k when going direct to the soundbar , then surely the issue is with a soundbar setting OR the HDMI cables used going to the sound bar OR from soundbar to tv earc port
    Common factor being the sbar to TV Hdmi cable
    ie lots of products can claim 2.1 certified etc ...doesnt mean they are or havent gone faulty

edit looking at the user manual ,theres no setting to control output vid on soundbar so its not adjustable
    have you tried a manual reset on the soundbar ...maybe the hdmi earc ports got itself a bit wonky

actually there is one
    on the remote you step down in the hdmis untill Earc is selected
    One more stepdown changes it to just ARC ie earc will do 4k out ARC will be limited to HDMI 1.4 so 1080p
    thats what id check

Last edited: Mar 5, 2023
  14. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

Hello everyone, I have a problem with my Zidoo Z9X, I can practically no longer see any film since it always freezes while watching, at first I thought it was a problem with my nas or my network but it is not the case as yesterday I watched a movie with kodi installed on my sony tv and it never crashed...... is there anything I can do to my Zidoo to avoid formatting it as I have so many files and I would have to redo everything from head, cover, configuration etc.....
    Thank you

15. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

The vast majority of issues like these are due to file delivery and not the box but if you're sure it's the box then the only thing to do is a full factory reset.

Just make a note of your settings and make a backup of HT4 and you should be fine - I can do a reset, change settings and restore a backup ( or use NFOs) in about 6 minutes.

pcristi likes this.
  16. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

Thank you for your answer
    How do I back up HT4? Do I have to insert a USB stick? Can I also save the covers that I have all perfectly assigned?
    Thank you

17. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

In the settings of HT4.0, go to Library and put the path to save your backup, ideally on an external device (external HDD or USB stick). That will save all your settings in HT, the history, the images chosen (posters and backgrounds), etc. Same place to restore it later.

crutzulee likes this.
  18. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

You have already suggested this... but, ya the one thing that really would be nice is an overall Zidoo settings configuration backup that you can then put everything back the way it was after a full factory reset. Or like an option that pops up on your screen after selecting factory reset option asking if you wish to save a backup first or just proceed.

vddan, crutzulee, rozel and 2 others like this.
  19. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

The frame rate pause function doesn't work as it should when you lock the resolution (tried with 2160p 23Hz and 1080p 23Hz), with frame rate only or with frame rate & resolution. Most of the time, the system will ignore the 15 sec of delay. When resolution is on auto, no more issue.

20. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

I can only assume that you are locking the resolution and specific frame rate so that you can lessen resyncs and having to use a delay... do you own a JVC projector? Otherwise why would you want such a large delay anyway?