Beta version v6.4(7).42 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X/NEO Alpha release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Oct 18, 2022.

1. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

I don't have a projector, I just reported the issue after an user asked me on another forum how to solve it and I tried it to see what was going on.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2023
  2. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

And I have such a question, is there a release of the next version of the software? Nothing has happened for 5 months now...

3. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

As they use to say in an old TV quiz show QI.
    “"Nobody Knows"!”

Last edited: Mar 6, 2023
  4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yep, I've asked for this many many times...

darkeyes909 likes this.
  5. Markswift2003

Works fine here - I always have Lock Resolution on and the pause works fine here. Don't forget it only does it if resolution or refresh changes!!

Temearoo likes this.
  6. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

You have the point. Thanks for your input. :)

7. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

Yesterday I started trying to understand why my zidoo blocks and what happens is simply absurd and it is also difficult to explain, I hope to succeed ..... practically the problem I only have it with files that contain the dolby vision, with the others I have no problems, I state that the problem started after I changed TV from an AG8 to an A80k, I in no way managed to find the right setting, the problem I think is some incompatibility between the pre Yamaha CX-A5100, Zidoo and TV ....... just to make it clear what happens, if on the Yamaha I pray the "display" button that would be the one that shows me the information on which DSP is using, the volume etc .... if I pray it with any source (including HDR10) I see the OSD with the information, if I pray it while I am seeing an MKV with Dolby Vision the image stops, the Yamaha is set in passthrough while on the Sony I have 4 settings (normal, advanced, advanced with Dolby Vision and VRR), I tried them all And, also to change the settings on the zidoo about the video output but I have not solved the problem ...... I hope someone can help me .....
    Thank you

8. litlgi74

litlgi74 Member

Audio playback issue.

If I click the play button on an iso in HT. The DTSHD-MA 7.1 plays as 5.1... but if I click the BD button in HT... This same DTSHD-MA plays as 7.1.

Is there a fix for this?

9. khollister

khollister Member

This certainly sounds like an issue with the Yamaha pre-pro and the incoming DV metadata. My first suggestion would be to try both standard (TV-led) and LLDV (player-led) Dolby Vision modes on the Zidoo and see if one or the other works.

The other question is where the DV MKV's are sourced from? Are they MKVs you have ripped from 4K UHD discs via MakeMKV or DVDFab, or material downloaded from others? There are many different DV profiles. Is this a MKV with DV Profile 7 FEL from a 4K UHD disc or streaming content with profile 5/8?

10. khollister

khollister Member

There is a bug where DTS channel count is incorrectly reported. Are you sure the source is really 7.1? I use MKV, not iso's but my DTS audio tracks usually report 2 extra channels in the Zidoo UI where my Marantz pre-pro reports the actual correct channel count.

11. litlgi74

litlgi74 Member

The film is the Seventh Son... the Blu-ray cover says 7.1.. I'll double check what my AVR says when i play the iso both ways.

12. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

I'll post an example of mediainfo, they're almost all like this

Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.07.06, BL+EL+RPU, Blu-ray compatible / SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible

I state that the problem started when I changed the TV and the Yamaha has always remained the same, I will try to do a factory reset and see what happens ......
    I made the backup of HT4 then I can reload the file directly or do I have to first set the paths of the folders where I have the movies on the NAS?

13. khollister

khollister Member

Interesting. That looks correct for a Profile 7 FEL title. My Sony 85X95K certainly has no problem with DV MKV's in either player led or tv led mode. You may also want to try running the Zidoo directly into the TV temporarily to verify that works. Do DV 4k UHD discs play correctly through the Yamaha into the A80?

UPDATE: One other thing to check is that the HDMI port on the TV you are using (presumably HDMI 3, the EARC port) is set to Enhanced mode in the Sony setup menu.

14. Markswift2003

I'm trying to understand exactly what happens...

Initially you said "any film" "freezes", now you say only Dolby Vision "Blocks" but only when you press the Display button on the PrePro remote.

Just to be clear - this only happens on Dolby Vision content? Is this ALL Dolby Vision content?, so can you explain exactly what happens if you play a Dolby Vision file.

Does it freeze, does it go black? does it block (as in macro-block) - what does it do?

15. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

It only freezes with dolby vision content after a while of watching the film......about the yamaha "display" key if I press it while watching a dolby vision film the image freezes that's why I thought of some incompatibility. .....Since I will do the reset, can you tell me if I can reload the HT4 backup without having to do anything first?
    Thank you

16. Markswift2003

Have you tried Settings/Display/Dolby Vision compatible mode > Priority LLDV (Player Led) ?

17. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

I've tried both ways.....

18. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

also try the Zidoo direct to TV skip the reciever and see if same issue occurs try narrowing down to one possible area (ie maybe an issue with how the Yamaha amp communicates with the new Sony

Oldpainless likes this.
  19. Markswift2003

Does it always freeze in the same place?

20. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

There isn't a precise place where they get stuck but they all get stuck, tonight I'll try to connect the zidoo directly to the TV..... meanwhile yesterday I was able to ascertain that in the hdmi settings of the Sony (I have 4, standard, advanced, advanced with dv and vrr) if I put advanced mode I have no problems only that it reproduces the dv in hdr10, tonight I do the last test to see if the problem is the tv or the yamaha.....