Beta version v6.4(7).42 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X/NEO Alpha release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Oct 18, 2022.

1. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I 100% agree. I've never heard that expression before - every day is a learning day :)

DELUCAS likes this.
  2. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Just to get the release dates correct :

V 6.4.42 Firmware was released 11 th NOVEMBER 2022

today is 20th FEBRUARY 2023

So my Calculations is that 3 MONTHS + have past not 4 or 5 months

Just stating the facts

Or have i missed calculated ?

darkeyes909 and xskip like this.
  3. ofir

ofir Member

ROZEL You suspect always support Zidoo managers :)

4. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Nope.

We have a saying on this forum - "Don't feed the trolls". Let's put out here what a troll actually is: - A troll is Internet slang for a person who intentionally tries to instigate conflict, hostility, or arguments in an online social community. Platforms targeted by trolls can include the comment sections of YouTube, forums, or chat rooms.

I suspect I give them a nibble or two at times and my previous post probably did too. I must refrain, I must refrain.

But seriously, and I will say this again, if anyone has any grief about Zidoo, which is obvious on this particular thread, then voice it to Zidoo - their email address etc is on the internet, not hard to find. In the meantime please understand this is an English speaking forum for the benefit of its members, who don't need this endless grief.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2023
    darkeyes909, Oldpainless and DELUCAS like this.
  5. I disagree. Forum is also about public relations. Emailing Ziddo does not affect potential customers. Forum does. Ziddo can ignore any email you send them because you already bought their products. However, if Ziddo think they could lose potential customers, they may take it more seriously.

6. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

October 18th for the release date. Just check the date this thread was created. ;)

7. DELUCAS

Zidoo very very rarley interact on this forum as such ( at times yes )
    Id say they just sit back and watch to a degree
    and see how the feedback is going for say a latest firmware release or ……

I think Zidoo are the only company to have a dedicated forum ( Dune , Zap’s )
    To let us argue amongst ourselves. ;) ;)

8. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

9. DELUCAS

DA808813-5C3D-4937-8620-CB31FAF500C6.png
    Did originally look at that the thread but i then went by the official , official , official Zidoo official certified
    Official release posted above download section .

well still not 5 months
    And hey soon as the official new firmware is released all this chat will be long forgotton until another pause before a wait for a new firmware is released .
    & another debate when will …………..

i did mention official ;) ;) :)

rozel likes this.
  10. It does not matter who is the owner of the forum. Forum is public. Anybody can read and write. Email is private. It between you and Ziddo. That is the difference.

Anyway, there are more choices nowadays. FireTV Cube added TrueHD pass-through. Kodi added P7 converting to P8 mkv playback. People can or should just move on. Spend more time on watch their video and listen to their music rather than argue on the forum.

11. Oldpainless

@DELUCAS - for all our sanity, can I ask a small favor? Please for the love of god, stop feeding em.

All I can say is it must be very quite for other Media Player Manufactures at the moment..........;)

darkeyes909 and rozel like this.
  12. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Beyonwiz has/had/has an active forum as had Popcorn, (both effectively out of business) but in the decades I’ve belonged to them and others , management has never answered a question or interacted in any meaningful way. It has been the membership and several gurus who have provided any help. Now you can either accept this and get on with life or continually rail against the wind! Media companies in general are lousy at communication it appears.

darkeyes909 likes this.
  13. Oldpainless

I understand...many years ago I was a beta tester for Tamacro media players. As a beta tester, we beat Popcorn and others to able to demux and play mkv's......great achievement at the time, are they still around? no, but, as they say, time waits for no man.

Here, and now, that's where we are. Enjoy.

14. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

The first media player brand I actually tested and reviewed including active beta testing was Xtreamer. Still have a pile of those and they were good players in their days. Just disappeared overnight after just receiving their latest model for a review: Xtreamer eXpress. It remains even now a usable player as it even plays 4K BD's but without DV/HDR10+ obviously. Never got FW updates for it.

Reflex likes this.
  15. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Best media players for years were one of the first , WDTV . still got a couple sitting round
    Handy cos the Live model can play plex files
    Real shame they moved out of that section Great service and rock solid players that still function 15 yrs plus ,on

16. autocrat

autocrat New Member

Turns out the cable was fine so the issue is most likely in the software.

17. Jimbo Randy

Jimbo Randy Active Member

Sorry, but Nvidia does this all the time lmfao. Have you ever read one of the driver release threads on reddit? People have been asking for srgb clamps and dithering control in drivers since at least 2016 ;-). And the Nvidia Shield is abandoned. They never built proper DV profile 7 into it and they never will.

All tech companies have abysmal customer support lol. Zidoo is not special.

That being said, we are lucky to have this incredibly well moderated and organized forum to answer questions. The people here are actually super knowledgeable and the info given here is 900% better and more accurate than that of Reddit.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2023
    crutzulee likes this.
  18. darkeyes909

darkeyes909 Active Member

NetGear NeoTV NTV300 Digital HD Media Streaming Player with Remote Control in 2012 was my first.

19. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I still have a Netgear EVA8000 from around 2007 in my attic. Seem to remember my first player was the original Pixel Magic in about 2005.

And I still use a Mede8er to this day!

20. Skopelos

Skopelos New Member

Hello from Greece ... I see that in this latest version weather widget in main page is not working ....The widget doesn't find any data for any selected city whatsoever. Am I doing something wrong...? Is this going to be fixed sometime soon....? If not is there a way to remove this widget from the main screen because its showing wrong temperature and it is distracting....
    Sorry if asked to much...
    Thank you in advance