Beta version v6.4(7).42 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X/NEO Alpha release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Oct 18, 2022.

1. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

The app is broken and we can’t remove it. That would be nice to replace it with something else.

2. Skopelos

Skopelos New Member

Yes it would be nice if it could be removed .....I hope with a future update...Thank you for answer !!

3. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

+1. I also am still rocking a Mede8er 1000x3D ... with its built in HDD, its perfect for my summer outdoor movie projector nights or hooking up for movie nights at relatives or friends .... and I still keep it in my regular source rack. Talk about a rock solid 1080p player! It just always works... I also had a WD TV streamer .. but that thing was buggy as hell for me... got rid of it quick for the Mede8er years ago...

4. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

weird
    i had 4 WDTV or the WDTV Live versions running on the house network for 10 yrs plus easily and they were all rock solid never missed a beat and could play all files except RM ones but that was a shitty file type anyways

and tried one of the Live ones last year even thou i know 99 perc of my files are MKV or full images now and it could see and play stuff on my Plex no issues

5. Petga

Petga Member

Sorry, is this thread about "Beta version v6.4(7).42 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X/NEO Alpha release", or about which media players you used to own?

rockmeloman and Jimibxl like this.
  6. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

I have an issue in Zidoo HT where all my filtered categories are duplicated a few times, for example I have Horror filter showing multiple times with different movies split in each. It is now impossible to filter by type because of this bug.

Is there a way to fix the filtering without clearing all data from the HT software? If I back up my library does it also backup the bugged categories? Any idea how this bug happens?

Six66Mike likes this.
  7. Petga

Petga Member

Unfortunately, with the current beta, I have a problem with some (mainly UHD) films when the theatrical version and the director's cut are on one disc (e.g. Star Trek I and Star Trek VI). These are usually not available as complete files under "Stream", but as many individual fragments of files that are available in both versions and others that only appear in one of the two versions.
    Since I usually cannot call up a BD menu, I select the option to play the (main) film.
    My UHD3000 then plays (according to my observation) the film it defines as the main film.
    I can select individual chapters during playback, but I cannot see the shorter version in its entirety.
    If this is possible, I would appreciate tips.
    If not, this would be another argument for continuing to demand that Zidoo finally make the BD menus usable.
    After all, Zidoo advertises this function.

Letmein and rockmeloman like this.
  8. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Filtering is working ok here - can you explain - not really sure what you mean.

9. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

Like this.

10. Markswift2003

Damn that's weird!

So there was an issue I reported in December where the genre filter would show genres correctly but would return zero posters. This is now fixed so if I were you I'd hang tight for the next firmware - hopefully that'll sort it (don't ask when, I have no idea!!!).

Do you get the same thing if you select Genres on the "category" view on the main page?

upload_2023-2-22_16-59-18.png

11. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

Okay, thanks I will wait for next firmware. The main page category viewer does have duplicates, but the duplicates don't seem to have any movies in them so it could be possible to customise that for the time being.

12. Markswift2003

hmm - ok, that sounds like your database is corrupt somehow..

If it was me I’d export NFOs and artwork, reset HT4 and rescan using local NFOs/Art.

13. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

This happened to me too. From looking at the HT4 database backup file, I figured that the duplicate categories were from when I matched a movie to a non TMDB source. E.g., TV Maze. I ended up factory reset the machine and made sure that I only use TMDB as the only matching source.

Rob W likes this.
  14. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

I think and maybe someone can confirm or otherwise that TVMaze has links to TVDB as the data seems identical and you can’t edit entries in the web interface just like TVDB.

15. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

You don't need menus for that ..... just rip both versions and use the labeling function .... which is what I do for the relatively few titles that have 2 versions of the movie in which I would still want both..... for example I would put the following in the their title names when scanning them into HT4 "(1#Theatrical) (2#Extended)".
    Can you not find and select both the Theatrical and Extended titles when you open the disc with MakeMKV and then just rip both? To make it easier to find and see just the actual movie titles, I set the minimum title length on MakeMKV to something like 3600 seconds so it filters out all the special features and other garbage that are less than an hour long. If I happen to want to watch a special feature, I watch it once on the disc and then I really don't need to see it again. If it happens to be really cool and I happen to want to keep it... super rare!....but in that case, I will find it, rip it and label as (3#special feature).

16. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

This is from The Martian (2015) ISO. You can select the shorter version from the Playlist menu (press the menu button on the remote control and navigate there). Zidoo will always pick the longest playlist on the disc as default if you play ISO/BDMV without BD menu.

[​IMG]

17. Petga

Petga Member

Many thanks for the answer!
    Unfortunately, I can't rip the versions individually, because a film version is not available as a single file.
    To be honest, I wouldn't see the point of doing this work just because Zidoo doesn't think it's necessary to provide a function (BD menus) with which they advertise my UHD3000 media player.
    Why should I do the work that Zidoo has to do, especially since I paid a lot of money (2 × approx. 1,000 EUR) for our 2 UHD3000s?

18. Skopelos

Skopelos New Member

Hello to everyone ..new owner her of Z9X. Sorry if it has been answered before...Automatic trailers still don't work with this firmware ?

darky_zidoo likes this.
  19. Onwrathz

Onwrathz New Member

I just tested a few movies and they are not playing for me. Fairly certain one started last night so maybe it is working sporadically. Not sure if that was a local trailer or not. Maybe others have better info.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2023
    darky_zidoo and Skopelos like this.
  20. wally

wally New Member

Hi there.

I haven't read all the posts. But I came to share an issue on my Z9X and see if other people have it.

Since v6.3.41_G, Zidoo does not decode DTS-HD HRA. Just the DTS core. It was not a worry, because there is not much of it.
    But I've just installed the v6.4.42_G, and now Zidoo just doesn't recognise DTS-HD HRA at all. There is just one audio track. And, weird thing, if there is an HRA audio, it doesn't recognise either forced subtitles.
    Anyone else?