Beta version v6.4(7).42 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X/NEO Alpha release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Oct 18, 2022.

1. va_lemon

va_lemon New Member

Reposting this question here to see if anyone has an idea for a workaround:

Hi, with HDR set to Auto or to VS10 (DV Only), all HDR10 movies are being output in YUV444 12 bit even though the Color Setting for 4K 23-30Hz is set to PriorityYUV422 12Bit. The movie details report the movie as YUV 420 10 bit.

This is an issue for me as I use the Zidoo Z9X with a Blackmagic Quad HDMI card and MadVR. The Blackmagic card cannot accept YUV444 12 bit so MadVR is not able to process these HDR10 movies.

For now, I am running in VS10 (HDR, DV) mode but would prefer to output HDR10 with no processing applied. Is this a bug that is not respecting the Color Settings?

I will try to create a custom EDID that disables 444 support but ideally, we would want Zidoo to respect the color settings.

2. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

+1 Ya, all this constant whining about when another firmware update will be released and suggesting that Zidoo is not supporting these models is ridiculous. I went onto McBluna.net site and literally counted all the firmware releases that have been released since August of 2020 for the Z9x ... I believe I counted 52 separate releases! That to me doesn't sound like a product team that releases a product and then doesn't support it.

darkeyes909 and DELUCAS like this.
  3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Hmm - not sure why it does this - I'm sure it didn't used to...

Can you use 10-bit 4:4:4 - that's closest to the native 10-bit 4:2:0 of the source (which of course is not supported by HDMI)?

The only way I can think of restricting to 12-bit 4:2:2 in EDID is to restrict the bandwidth to 300MHz (HDMI 1.4) which precludes the use of 4K60 at 10 or 12 bits.

4. Markus2121

Markus2121 New Member

bd menu playback was problematic from beginning and now even worse. Oct 18 last update.

5. va_lemon

va_lemon New Member

Thanks! Changing the 4K 23-30Hz color setting to 444 10 bit works.

There is still a bug though when playing HDR10 mkv files. If I set to 422 12 bit, the playback info states 444 12 bit. If I set 422 10 bit, the playback info states 444 10 bit. It should be outputting at the selected 422 color setting and not 444.

6. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Why would a company abandoned there NO 1 Selling ZX Range etc and no longer support it with firmware updates ?
    Its like saying Apple no longer supporting there latest iPhone,’s loosing $$$$$$$

Firmware comes when it comes and not really a lot anyone can do about it .
    Well apart from selling there Zidoo
    Or moaning ;)

id rather wait for a big update with lots of issues fixed plus ……
    Just gotta wait ……..

Jimibxl, rozel and Hippoponderous like this.
  7. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

Dude, it's been almost 5 months......... and not even a verbal update, which is rude. If they would at least have the decency to take 5 min which is how long it would take, to write something to us as an update, then people would not be upset! if they want to be a good brand they need to keep people updated.... IT TAKES 5 MIN! 5 months is just pathetic and rude to keep that many people in the dark about what's going on with the next update.....Can you imagine if Nvidia had advertised a huge feature on their boxes that everyone was excited for (PROPER BLURAY MENUS), then released something that barely worked, then added a bunch of stuff nobody asked for instead of fixing this feature, and then to top it all off just ignored their customers completely for 5 months? The media would blow up, chew them up and spit them out as a shell of their former self...... I don't care how many updates they have done, it does not excuse the 5 months of silence without even a verbal update on the situation... again IT TAKES 5 MIN TO WRITE AN UPDATE!!! You sound like a little fanboy thats just ok with everything around you cause youre so high on yourself that you think that what you say garners the right attention even if it's wrong..

Markus2121 and ThomasP like this.
  8. DELUCAS

“ A little fan boy “ i like it feel promoted :)

as said there is nothing we can do but wait for its release …….
    and as far as i know Zidoo do things in there own way .

Well one thing ive learnt to be patient as some things are out of our hands it seems.

9. ofir

ofir Member

DELUCAS
    ZIDOO's spokesperson and public relations person
    At the time you promised that simple bugs I wrote related to language support would be taken care of
    Of course we did nothing
    I no longer believe your promises

10. DELUCAS

Please provide a link
    to this promise “ of language support would be taken care of please by me ?

Circa 52 firmware updates for these Z / X Media
    & one more coming soon . ;)

Last edited: Feb 19, 2023
    darkeyes909 likes this.
  11. ofir

ofir Member

When entering QUICK SETTINGS
    Enter OTHER and LANGUAGE
    Choose Hebrew
    when playing a movie
    The AUDIO menu is empty
    The subtitles menu is empty
    When the language in OTHER and LANGUAGE is English everything is fine
    In the same movie the AUDIO menu is not empty
    The SUBTITLES menu is not empty
    Another thing Hebrew is written from right to left
    grammar is not correct meaning (.,?)
    A period should be at the end of a sentence on the left side and not as it is today

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...-x-neo-alpha-release.94619/page-3#post-180313
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...neo-s-neo-x-release.93323/page-12#post-171867
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...eo-x-neo-s-neo-alpha.94137/page-7#post-176698
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...-s-neo-x-neo-alpha-release.94619/#post-180216

12. DELUCAS

ive looked at all them post you have linked and there is not one post of mine DELUCAS anywhere near them or close or any where stating
    Languages will be resolved or or …….

im confused now .

darkeyes909 likes this.
  13. Petga

Petga Member

I totally agree with you.
    In none of the previous updates of Zidoo (as far as I have seen) was there any improvement in the processing of BD menus.
    Therefore, I suspect more and more that Zidoo does not want to deal with the issue of BD menus.
    In the meantime, Covid is no excuse for the long wait for a new beta; after all, programmers in particular can also work in their home offices at Qurantäne.
    I am very satisfied with the picture, sound and stability of my UHD3000.
    I am not at all satisfied with the ignorant attitude that Zidoo shows towards its customers.
    As you rightly write, it is not even worth 5 minutes for Zidoo to inform its customers why there is still no new beta after more than 4 months.
    That is not acceptable.

Markus2121 likes this.
  14. Edworld

Edworld Member

I have a similar issue with non G version. If I pause and comeback 10 min later and press play all kinds of issues. Is it recommended to not use pause and use stop instead?

BTW, after pressing pause screen saver comes up but I can still see the subtitles.

Thanks

15. ofir

ofir Member

What's more important is that a good version comes out that fixes problems and doesn't spoil things that work well
    It is not helpful if a version comes out often

16. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

IMHO Zidoo will never improve BD menu support. I banged on about this for years - back to the days of my Z9S for improvement having come from the near flawless BD support offered by Dune! There was some improvement but nothing for years. I really do wish it was better but I'm resigned to the fact that what we have is the best they can do. If BD menu support is really really important you should really look elsewhere.

leviathan and Markus2121 like this.
  17. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

Lol sorry, I agree it is out of our hands and nothing we can do. Still would be nice for a verbal update. 3 months ago people teased that the new update was coming soon. Cause they are apart of the closed beta, then we haven't heard since.

18. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

Even something less complex as the online trailers function is broken for months. Even if they have their own flaws, the competitors are ahead for this, BD menus handling and some other basic functions that work as advertised (I will not talk about the whole UI fully translated). We could also talk about the cache of the posterwall that needs to populate every time you make a change on it (new movie, change of a poster…), the casting data that is broken for the TV shows and some missing features that could make life easier for the user.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2023
    vddan likes this.
  19. Petga

Petga Member

I agree that an update should be released when it is really stable.
    However, to let almost 5 months pass after the last update without any information about the current status is unacceptable and shows no appreciation to the paying customer.
    The statement that updates have to be tested very carefully and therefore take a long time to be released can also become a convenient excuse.
    And if then users here in the forum also express understanding for the long time until a new update and the time of silence (please do not feel personally attacked), it becomes even more convenient for Zidoo.

Markus2121 likes this.
  20. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

I think before criticising the apparent slowness, look at the timeline. Covid outbreak of a new strain in China, supply lines disrupted, the Christmas break, the commercial aspect of this holiday is celebrated pretty much throughout Asia and then finally the Asian Lunar New Year. So we are still in rallentando time :(

DELUCAS likes this.