Beta version v6.3.92 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 1, 2022.

1. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Solved.

pcristi likes this.
  2. mirror

Next version.

dr4go, thivame, xskip and 1 other person like this.
  3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Saw exactly the same things happening: With Zidoo in standby my other units would not switch anymore to their designated ports.

Will be happy if it is solved. ;)

4. 1GTRBG

1GTRBG Member

After Factory Reset installed .92
    Opened Google Play Store and closed, after that registered the device on Google page.
    2 days after that I still can't use Google Play Stor - It gives me error

DennisTheMenace likes this.
  5. Nice Monkey

Seen that too. How difficult can it be? Problems with this keep coming back.

6. 1GTRBG

1GTRBG Member

Flashed emergency firmwear and than downgraded to .75
    It works now but with the latest stable version .75

7. ofir

ofir Member

Why ZIDOO has 2 versions
    1 that does not support Google Play
    2 and the other does support Google Play

cVVGLabs likes this.
  8. Random_Vibration

Random_Vibration Active Member

New information:
    I turn AVR compatibility mode off and HDMI CEC still is problematic.

To get the receiver to turn on while watching the TV input, I have to turn the Z9X on first. Otherwise, the reciever seems to be unreachable. I don't need to switch to the Z9X input. I just need to turn it on. Then everything works as it should. Or I can unplug the Z9X HDMI cable and it doesn't impede the operation of the TV/receiver at all.

9. 1GTRBG

1GTRBG Member

Because many customers doesn't need Google Play services

10. ofir

ofir Member

There are other streamers like DUNE or xiaomi.
    not need to set settings when setting up Google Play
    Makes use less convenient

11. cVVGLabs

cVVGLabs Active Member

The question is why is it impossible, for example, to roll back to the previous firmware without dancing with a tambourine? Risking thereby getting a brick. In particular, DUNE can roll back to the previous one without a problem.

grimtm, vddan and darkeyes909 like this.
  12. Black-Angel28

Black-Angel28 Member

So I have now remuxed all trailers using mkvmerge and converted to mkv. It seems that my trailer problem is solved now. Great, thanks for the help.

I noticed something else weird though, which I think is related to the slow loading of the covers. I found a folder on my NAS from HT called ".HomeTheater". In this folder there are several covers stored. This folder should not be on the NAS, because I have chosen the option in HT to save all posters or anything else without exception in the custom folder. As custom folder I have chosen "storage" (default setting) from the Z9x. So there seems to be something wrong. According to my understanding there should be no HT folder on the NAS or not?

I have deleted the folder before but when I restart the player the folder is created again.

My theory is that if it always has to access this working folder in the NAS to load the posters, then it is understandable that the loading of the covers takes so long.

13. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

.hometheatre is a hidden folder defined in settings/Poster Folder

It contains cached copies of posters, backgrounds and ClearLogos once they have been accessed if their original source is online and not local.

If this folder is on your NAS drive you must have Poster Folder set to "Priority save to device" in which case access may be slow (confusingly "device" refers to the source device, not the player).

It's better to set it to "Custom Folder" and leave the path as "storage://" so it saves to the player's memory for fast access.

Once set to Custom Folder you can delete the .hometheatre folders on the NAS drives.

14. YujiTFD

YujiTFD New Member

Apple TV 4K (2017) using Infuse Pro cause no delays on same equipment, so it's not it.

15. Valary

Valary New Member

I have a lot of problem with this Zidoo update. My receiver remains silent until I turn on Zidoo. I want to check if blocker you are talking about can help me. Could you please give me a link to read in details what it is?

Random_Vibration likes this.
  16. mirror

Just wait a new version. will resolved this issue.

dr4go likes this.
  17. Nice Monkey

A Lindy HDMI blocker is a M/F HDMI plug with only the HDMI-CEC pin not interconnected. It will hence render HDMI-CEC unfunctional totally on the connected device regardless settings and foreseen functionality.

But just wait for the fix to come I would say. On the other hand they are not expensive and handy to have in your kit.

Started since a week to use a USB-3c Switch and must say it works perfect. A USB Switch is the reverse of a USB Hub and will switch a USB HDD/Docking between multiple Host ports which are all media players in my case. This works automatic via the USB power supplied as long as only one player is being powered on but there is a manual button for override having multiple on power.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2022
    DennisTheMenace likes this.
  18. Random_Vibration

Random_Vibration Active Member

A CEC adapter is a HDMI connector with the pin used for CEC functions missing so no CEC commands are transmitted between the two connected devices. It will prohibit CEC communications (and bad CEC functions) from taking place. One such device is listed below.

https://www.lindy.co.uk/cables-adap...07/hdmi-cec-less-adapter-female-to-male-p7299

If CEC activity is your problem, this is a solution. The one listed above doesn't claim to work with 4K data rates but it does.

I had retired the one I used for the Z9X and all was quiet for some time. I had to bring it out of retirement recently because of last two firmwares.

There is no fix until you install it and you demonstrate its fixed. HDMI CEC-less adapters are handy things to have and I wouldn't advise you to wait for a fix being it may be a few days or a few months before that happens. I keep them because I have plenty experience with wayward devices. Sony X85j randomly waking up other HDMI devices, a DVR with no CEC functions but a firmware bug that had it doing some weird stuff over CEC, and of course the Z9X had this problem before. My X9s may have had issues early on as well. These adapters allow you to selectively disable CEC on specific devices while keeping it active on others.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2022
  19. Black-Angel28

Black-Angel28 Member

Yes I have set everything so, so I'm surprised that I found this hidden folder on the NAS. I just checked all the settings again and deleted the folder. Then I went into a category and scrolled through it from top to bottom. I then looked on the NAS and the .hometheatre folder was recreated with a few posters. Do I maybe have to always restart the player after setting any setting or something? Normally it shouldn't recreate the folder after all...in the player everything is set as you described.

I noticed something else strange in HT. I scrape my series with TinyMediaManger so that all important information is available locally in .nfo files. When reading the series I set "NFO parse" to priority in HT. When the reading is finished, I assign the detected series to a self created category for example "Series (Adult)".

This procedure works to 85% wonderfully. However, it happens very often that it does not completely merge all seasons or episodes, for example in the case of the series "Game of Thrones", under the item "Game of Thrones". In the concrete case he creates for a few episodes from the 8th season a separate point with the name "Game of Thrones season 8". It can also happen that he creates a separate point for a complete season. This should not be so!

I have looked at all the applicable .nfo files and found no error, I also find no difference in the .nfo files from an episode that is mapped correctly to the episode that is mapped incorrectly. In TinyMediaManger everything is also ok.

I know that it is possible to split collections and also add single entries to a collection, but that doesn't work 100%. In the case of "Game of Thrones" after manually adding the single item "Game of Thrones season 8" to the collection "Game of Thrones" it looks like that in the collection "Game of Thrones" season 8 is now listed 2 times. Once with the episodes recognized correctly from the beginning and a second time with the episodes I added manually.

Any idea what the reason is?

20. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I can't explain why if you delete your .hometheatre folder from the NAS drive it reappears if you have the Poster Folder set as below:

Screenshot_20220408-112255.png

This is the only place that the location for that folder is defined.

I have 3 NAS drives as sources and the only .hometheatre folder is in Storage on the Z9X and because I use local resources like you for scraping there isn't even a Poster folder in there - as I say, that's only used when resources originate online. (There is a Logo folder since I don't bother producing local ClearLogos unless they are missing online)

So again, if you're using TMM to generate NFO, posterart and fanart there is no reason for a Poster folder, nevermind posters, to exist in .hometheatre.

The only way that could happen would be if you added a movie and the Zidoo was switched on before you scraped with TMM. In that case of course the Zidoo would auto scrape using online resource. The way to alleviate that is to turn off Auto Scraping in Preferences but then you have to remember to rescan when you add a movie and use TMM resources.

As far as the TV stuff goes, I can't help there I'm afraid - I don't use these boxes for TV Series - that would be a question for @McBluna who develops TMM.