Beta version v6.2.5 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 14, 2021.

1. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

so ,make it into an MKV and watch it that way ?

2. Movie78

Movie78 Member Beta test group

That is not the point, BD-MENU for DV need to be implemented.
    Beside its works fine on my Shield Pro with KodiDV

3. Random_Vibration

Random_Vibration Active Member

I'd suggest just rolling back to 6.1.15 and waiting to hear if the problem is fixed before updating again if you are getting the whack-a-mole feeling. But if you don't check, you can't help.

I felt that way with the Z9X and LG C6 CEC and DV issues. Things did get better eventually. I just think patience pays in this specific situation. Not that I have been particularly patient but it does pay. It took them quite a while before my X9s and X8 got sorted out too.

4. Random_Vibration

Random_Vibration Active Member

In my case, a cable isn't going to fix it when it did work in FW 6.1.15 with the same exact cable. It only stopped working immediately after the update. It worked minutes before the update, stopped the first time used with FW >= 6.2. Surely the cable is good enough to transmit the data when forced to do so without error.

I appreciate the effort to make suggestions. I got the 'check the cable' suggestions with other Z9X hardware problems. Those problems went away when Zidoo fixed their firmware. The cable is a relatively static element. The firmwares change. If firmwares are turning the problems on and off, it isn't the cable.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
  5. 56k

56k Member

Playing movie via SMB crash after 30 minute, was ok previous version!

6. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

@mirror
    I made a copy of the movie by MakeMkv 1.16.3

The Ten Commandments (1956) Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.07.06, BL+MEL+RPU

This video is 4 hours 51 minutes long
    After an hour and about 20-30 minutes (I don't know exactly - I didn't look at the time), the picture began to stutter
    I've had it 2 times on this material.
    After moving back a few minutes, it was ok

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
  7. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

You got it. Did not try it myself with a DV version as I did not run into the problem yet. Will have to wait then for the BD Full Menu version.

8. vadergr

vadergr Member

Is anyone else experiencing issues with LG OLED TVs?

With all settings in auto, I usually (not always) get a loss of signal after stopping a file playback.
    Sometimes I get it back again if I switch/cycle between LG inputs. Sometimes not (I will have to restart the Zidoo).
    I get no similar behavior from other RTD1619 (non-DR) players.

Aside from this, when trying to playback an MKV file or a 4K.ISO one that includes DV, which setting should I select from the list of the VS10 options?
    Are there any profiles I can upload for LG OLED screens, regarding the EDID section?

Thanks in advance.

9. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

For the beginning start reading this...

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...f-for-rtd1619-players-includes-unbrick.82695/

10. snapo6

snapo6 Member

Have an issue in Musicplayer and don't understand why and do hope for a solution here.

I've added music folders from my nas in musicplayer and 1st picture is showing the folders with number of songs.
    Now if I enter the folder no albums/numbers are shown except "Back" arrow, see 2nd picture.

What's going on here and how can I see the albums/numbers if I drilldown in folders?

Attached Files:

11. Movie78

Movie78 Member Beta test group

What is your experience with the Dune HD Pro Vision 4K Solo BD-Menu DV and compare to the Zidoo?

12. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

None as I don't own a Dune. ;)
    See the signature below. Honestly also have several older models like Egreat A10, A11 and a Xtreamer eXpress not even talking about the generations before.

13. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello,

it's Mark who has a solo Vision and it seems to me that he has opened a thread on avsforum

14. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

Markswift2003 likes this.
  15. tosh123

tosh123 Member

[OFFTOPIC] since you own a Dune, i'm not shure about the tech. specs: does it play 3D MVC FP from MKV container or only from ISO? I'm searching the ultimate all in one player :)

16. Cristiango

Cristiango Member

hello good, out of curiosity have you tried the chinoppo? they speak very well of him

17. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

There is absolutely no such thing and probably never will be.

18. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Yes I get something similar which has been happening for the last few firmware. I use a Harmony remote to start activities. If I start the Zidoo activity as the first one of the day it all boots up fine to main UI. From there I go into HT4. However if I then switch to ATV or Shield (which will turn off the Z9X) and then at some point back to the Z9X will go to the main menu OK. However when I select Ht4 it just goes to a black screen for 30 seconds and then falls back to main UI. To fix I need to either power off and on the Z9X or my AVR.

Odd one

19. Cristiango

Cristiango Member

I have the zidoo z9x, and my tv is a Samsung qled 80r, sometimes the CEC does not work, it fails quite a bit

20. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear Friends

First of all I would like to say hello to everybody! :)

I'm looking for the best local player (USB 3.0 or SATA HDD) for ONLY .mkv files with specification: 3840x2160@23.976 BT.2020 10bit YUV 4:2:0 Dolby Vision/HDR (every known profile) and passthrough/bitstream of Dolby Atmos/Dolby TrueHD/DTS:X/DTS-HD MA to my Onkyo TX-NR686. Files (lossless video and audio track) .mkv will be created from my physical UHD collection via MakeMKV, which is capable of preserving Dolby Vision.

I have used NVIDIA SHIELD 2019 Pro earlier and it's OK for me, but I have sold it, before it's capable of playing Dolby Vision via modified Kodi 19.0 Matrix. As you can see in my signature, I have also Microsoft Xbox Series X, which is playing Netflix 4K Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos and also Sony KD-55XF9005, which is doing it much worse. YouTube with 4K HDR is also not a problem with Microsoft Xbox Series X and Sony KD-55XF9005, so I'm not looking those two applications in Zidoo Z9X.

...but I need a honest answer, will Zidoo Z9X will do everything without problems (without stuttering, audio and video out of sync etc.) in the matter of playing via USB 3.0 or SATA connected HDD files like I described above + couple of movies .mkv 3840x2160@60 like Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk and Gemini Man?

As for Sony KD-55XF9005 and Onkyo TX-NR686, will there be everything OK, when I connect Zidoo Z9X directly via HDMI to Onkyo TX-NR686, which is connected to Sony KD-55XF9005.

Is there something I should know, before buying Zidoo Z9X?

I post here in this thread, because I would like to know, if this new Beta 6.2.5 will do everything, what I asked above.

Thank you in advance for your help and support.

Sincerely

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021