Beta version v6.2.0 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000(April Fool version)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 1, 2021.

1. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Read the release notes!

DV via menus is not yet supported.

Ozonestrike777 likes this.
  2. Ozonestrike777

Ozonestrike777 New Member

Thx blenky ;) my bad.

3. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Sounds like a Chinese Film! :D

4. Adrian Hernandez

Adrian Hernandez New Member

Hello , what's the difference between normal or _g firmware version? thanks

5. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

_g comes with Google Play Store built in - still needs setting up - search the forum for instructions

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
  6. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

@JamesYAOL
    WOL is Wake On LAN which works with the Zidoo Controller APP and the UHD3000 in standby.
    No Switching between DAC and HDMI does NOT require any boot. It is just one remote button press away (programmed it to my RED remote button).

The problem with your left DAC channel is not common. Never have seen it.

7. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Buy your own UHD blu-ray discs and use MakeMKV on your computer to backup into digital files. You can then legally watch it on Z9X as long as you still own the disc and don't distribute the backup.

I just came into media player last year, I have more than a thousand blu-ray discs bought over the last 14 years so I bought a BD-ROM and plenty of storage disks for this. A lot more to go but it's worth it.

Pirated downloads are illegal, talking about it ccan hurt Zidoo in the long run. We already saw the effect when Netflix no longer support Zidoo devices. Dolby, dts, HDMI.org, etc can easily revoke the licences provided to Zidoo.

8. Ozzyoz

Ozzyoz Member

I think so!
    What is the best UHD reader that works with Makemkv?
    Sorry for OT

9. Nice Monkey

Did a first test with UHD/HDR BD ISO's/Folders yesterday this with BD's having both HDR10(+) and DV on them.
    Was using a friend's recent model Panasonic TV for viewing those. The quick results:
    - HDR10(+) working when HDR set to HDR10(+) explicitly.
    - DV TV-led working when HDR set to AUTO
    - DV Player-led resulting in a frozen black screen when forced.

When swapping my Zidoo for an OPPO the results were exactly the same except for DV Player-led when forced. That resulted in NO HDR being used and displaying at 1080P only. No HDR is understandable but why the fallback to 1080P? Anyway no big issue. Apparently that TV model does not like LLDV.

It was too short to judge differences in PQ beween Zidoo and OPPO but if existing these differences are marginal as nothing was immediately catching our eyes. Will do more extensive testing with PQ comparison when my own new Philips TV arrives on next Monday.

The next real big innovation would be DSD output via HDMI for me. The next big bugfix for me would be DVD and BD Menu processing and obviously getting 3D back to work (really annoying that takes so long).

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
    Ozonestrike777, Trimonium and xskip like this.
  10. J.K.uploaden

J.K.uploaden Member

You said it yourself, 23 Hz is not the actual frame rate but only a mode name. I don't understand why you are derailing the thread with an irrelevant naming convention discussion when the issue with this firmware is a wrong 60Hz/1080p output for a 23.976Hz/2160p Blu-ray 4K DV ISO played in movie mode.

xskip likes this.
  11. Mentor27

Mentor27 Member

Do Wszystkich.
    Dla mnie uhd3000 to .... katastrofa .... Nic nie działa normalnie. Kupiony do korzystania jako odtwarzacz hi res ... Ha ha ... DAC - dziś na moim Arcam pliki DSD od bitrate odczytał jako 96khz ... w ustawieniach wszytko określ na natywnie.
    Po co mi to było. Trzeba było kupić zewnętrzny DAC i bel pozamiatane. Nawet Nvidia Shield daje lepiej radę. Ten sprzęt to kompromitacja. Resetuj ciągle robię. bo po zmianach stale zawiesza i coś przestaje działać.

Zespół Zidoo co wyście wypuścili na rynek? Trzeba było wstrzymać się że sprzedażą pół roku i wypuścić normalnie działające urządzenie a nie bubel ... Kupiłem przez internet 1 miesiąc temu wydałem kasę i patrzę jak głupi na forum oczekując nowych pozytywnych pozycji.

DV? Co mi po tym jak sprzęt ma problem z DTS i podstawowymi formatami przy odczycie. Jestem mega niezadowolony. Pozdrowienia dla wszystkich którzy mają siłę do tego sprzętu .. :(

12. Mariusz

Mariusz Active Member

WoW, this is a massacre! Top model and such problems. I have a Zidoo Z10 pro and it works fine. It is true that the sound is not in this class, but what is supposed to work, it works well. Dolby Atmos, DTS-X - everything is OK.
    Pozdrawiam serdecznie

13. m31asy

m31asy New Member

Hello, i noticed i cant play some Avi Videos with MediaCenter since Update to new Firmware.
    It Shows: Cant play this video (Dieses Video kann nicht wiedergegeben werden).
    When using NPlayer (from Goggle Store) i can play all Videos.
    Has anyone the same problems? Thank you

Zidoo Z1000 Pro
    FW 6.2.0_G

14. Nice Monkey

Unfortunately I must conclude that my Z9X and UHD3000 are not behaving the same using the same FW 6.2.0

To name one I am sure when set to 1080P23 with the Lock option my Z9X goes back to 2160P60 but my UHD3000 for sure does not.
    This makes reporting and testing not any easier.

15. Random_Vibration

Random_Vibration Active Member

Wow. This version (and 6.1.15) seems to address the LG C6 (2016 LGs) specific issues with the EDID. At the same time, it breaks the 2019 TCL 5 series HR10 and Dolby Vision EDID. It is no longer recognized as being HDR10 and Dolby Vision capable. It worked fine in FW 6.1.15. I have to fool with the Sony EDID to get it to switch into Dolby Vision or HDR10. Give and take guess.

16. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Odd that it's behaving differently with the same firmware. I do note that whenever I change the HDR settings the frame rate always go back to 2160p60 even though it's locked, which is a bit annoying.

17. Random_Vibration

Random_Vibration Active Member

I noticed the same.

18. gzchen

gzchen New Member

Hello,

I tried FW6.2.0, "auto frame rate/resulotion" didn't work.
    It is fixed by factory reset. And yes, I have to re-configure my player.

Z10 pro + FW6.2.0

19. Superdog

Superdog Member

I found that Z9X at 6.2.0 the HDMI CEC got issues, it still affect my Apple TV (cannot turn on or off through my TV and the remote control not work) even I disable the Z9X CEC settings. I have to press power off button at the back to get Apple TV work normally. Firmware 6.1.05 does not have this issue. I think I have to rever back to this version.

20. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Hi, I have cec disabled and I have a Lindy cec less adaptor on the Zidoo, since the last 2 firmware I have to physically power off (Alexa WiFi plug) the Zidoo before my TV takes back control of my Denon receiver, seriously