Beta version v6.2.0 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000(April Fool version)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

This is an excellent overview:
    https://www.flatpanelshd.com/focus.php?subaction=showfull&id=1606977052

I hope he will include Zidoo as well, already mentioned it to him.

godalmighty, Nice Monkey and Mabon like this.
  2. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Just curious to know what the relevance of the above post is within this thread? I think most people who are going to buy a TV right now will revert to their TVs' relevant forums. Some of what you've said is incorrect and your opinion, which is not explained, but I'm not going to get into an argument here. May I suggest such "general" posts are kept separate please? This forum is looking a mess already right now (as I've mentioned before) and should be much better organised and laid out. General posts such as these just make matters worse imho.

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Replaced my own overview with your link to these excellent views. Gives also a good peak at the still growing huge HDR mess we are in now. These 2 points being what I was looking for to be added. Thanks!

@rozel
    This FW update is above all about HDR implementation by Zidoo including DV ISO/Folder. Many customers are pulling their hair why their TV/Monitor does not (seem) to support some specific HDR variants.
    This specific topic is extremely short living as with the next FW update it is old news again and discarded as yesterdays newspaper. No need worrying about pollution here in my modest view.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
    Osmar and xskip like this.
  4. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Not sure I agree tbh but in any event, stop with the subjectivity and opinions - there are many many people out there just coming to terms with HDR and this is after a few years now, after the launch of the BBC's test broadcasts with HLG. I still think you ought to keep to the VS10 capabilities, with no subjectivity and set up a separate thread if you need to away from this one.

If you are the (or a) a forum Mod, really think about (seriously) cleaning up this forum. Otherwise Zidoo will perhpas lose out on sales, again IMHO. If you are not a mod, then who is, so I can write to him?

5. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

from Dune. upload_2021-4-14_7-7-13.gif

"Please expect the firmware update very soon, maybe tomorrow, our engineers are currently preparing and debugging it.
    It will include more supported DV formats (more than Zidoo supports in the latest beta firmware 6.2.0), improvements for HDMI CEC, and a few other improvements."

More DV formats

Superdog likes this.
  6. Superdog

Superdog Member

I'm ordering a CEC-Less adapter and also hope the new firmware do not need to manually power off my Z9X anymore.

7. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

Still the vobsub (.sub) subtitles bug is still there. I cannot download a .srt for each of my movies, I will just do nothing else for the next weeks :) @mirror Any hope of a final fix there?

Since only the native player has an issue there as many times reported. I do not loose the hope yet ;-)

8. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

HDMI CEC is part of Android and for Dune using their own OS this could be far easier to implement the correct way for them?

9. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Dual Track - Dual Layer?

10. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Dual track means two separate video tracks for Base and Enhancement layers rather than multiplexing both tracks in one stream (which is what MakeMKV does)

11. voblin

voblin New Member

good day!
    I have a Zidoo Z1000 pro. I'm watching on a samsung UE46F8500AT TV, connected via a Pioner SC-2022 receiver. Before firmware 6.2.0, everything worked fine. After the firmware, when you turn on the movie in online cinemas (kinopoisk, Netflix...), it writes "playback error". From the position of the hard drive - not everything and sometimes. I had to reset to factory settings and install the 6.1.15 firmware - everything works in it.
    What's wrong with 6.2.0?

12. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

I know. Just teasing if that is one of the "more DV formats" they claim. :D

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  13. koossmatrooz

koossmatrooz New Member

Hi i'm new on this forum. Since a short period i have a Zidoo UHD3000. I'd like to install USB audio player PRO and for that i need to install Google Play on the UHD3000.
    I encounter the same problem as above in this thread. I felt kind of lucky to find the sollution as mentioned above but i run in a problem:

1. Open the Play Store app: Done, I opened the playstore app on the UHD3ooo, is that correct?
    2. go to settings: Done
    3. Chooses "other": Can't find the section "other".....

So from here i'm kinda stuck.....

4. Go down to the "info" section
    5. In the web browser, go to the page:
    google android/uncertified
    6. Log in and then enter the GSF ID and press the button "Register"

Please can you help, what did i do wrong?

Thanks in advance.

14. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm contemplating doing this too just to see if it can bypass the "limitations" of the Ziddo's playback capabilities via it's Music Player App. See here: -

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...s-fw-v6-3-2-no-feature-requests.84836/page-14

I have used UAPP using my Android Tablet but I'd like to find a way of it finding my Zidoo's music files, which are currently stored on its internal HDD. They used to be on a NAS but I'm convinced playing them this way reduces playback capability. Think an external HDD would be the best storage but I haven't one large enough and if I did use one, it doesn't look right in my lounge environment - the better half would complain.

15. X-hedgehog

X-hedgehog New Member

Why don't developers pay attention to this problem?

16. Markus2121

Markus2121 New Member

I have this problem too on the zidoo z9x with HDMI CEC, the zidoo takes over my sonos and then my other streaming devices (or the TV itself) can get access to the sonos. What works is unplugging the Zidoo from power, and restarting the tv.