Beta version v6.2.0 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000(April Fool version)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 1, 2021.

1. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

i just swapped my sony dn1080 for a new Denon 3700h and it seems to have issues with seeing the Zidoo after startup now
    Ie after i Alexa turn lounge tv on which turns on tv amp and zidoo ,i now have to power zido off and back on before the Denon will see it......sits on a black screen

Occassionnaly finishing say watching a mvie and then going via smb back to tv epis itll lose the Zidoo to black screen ,with needed power on/off to sortALL NEW since i added the denon
    WASNT have these issues on 2.0 f/w with the sony

Wasnt too worried since havent delved deep in to the deonon settings yet since i have an eye with blurry Drops needed issue atm , and just too hard to focus :p

Just mentioned since DaMac said similar above with his Denon

2. Polypenko

Polypenko Active Member

I have had similair problems with my Z1000pro and Marantz Sr7015 receiver and LG TV, believe it to be a so-called handshake problem.

What I think happens, is that before the receiver receives the hdmi signal from the Ziggo the time between switching on Zidoo and
    the receipt to the receiver is to small so no correct handshake takes places.

Hence I got on my TV the msg. NO Signal. in your case black screen.

Since I control my entire set with a Logitech Elite Remote, I have programmed a delay for the Zigoo to start, ensuring the Receiver is
    set to receive the incoming Hdmi signal. (works about 90 % of the time)

So you could do a simple check, just manually switch on your TV and Receiver and wait 1 minute than switch on the Zigoo and see what
    happens.

Good luck.

3. Djdragon

Djdragon Member

4. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

it is a timing thing
    i know when i was using my lgitech to turn them all on i had to add delays too

Uisng alexa ,i was just turning tv on ,which was controller for the power bd ,which then powered the amp and zidoo etc as accessories and it would time out fine

its only since i upgraded to the Denon amp 2 days ago its become an issue
    One ill look into once my eyes better and i can focus fully :p

im just happy i can now do DV HLG hdro10+ AND Dolby atmos and DTS-X and the extra heights
    was a pain with the sony 1080 , i had to choose earc and lose DTS-x or xidoo to amp to tv and lose HLG

Bedroom gains now thou :)

5. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

You must have approached it wrong ...

When I was buying a Zidoo, I more or less knew that it would be an unripe fruit, I bought it as a "toy" because I have other better and much more expensive players

But there is hope that we will have a good firmware one day

Probably at this point there will be a new Zidoo .... and so on and on :)

Trimonium and Mariusz like this.
  6. Mentor27

Mentor27 Member

A ja glupiec chciałem mieć dojrzałe urządzenie wszystko w jednym.... No cóż poczekam jeszcze a później wymienię na inny i już tylko kto to zechce?! Pozdrawiam.

7. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

For 500 zł it will go like fresh rolls :)

Mentor27 likes this.
  8. Mentor27

Mentor27 Member

Może poleć jak masz coś lepszego

9. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

For heavens sake, as mentioned by others many times, this is an English speaking forum - please post accordingly, thank you

bones7, xskip, ammar11 and 1 other person like this.
  10. czarekurb

czarekurb New Member

Sprzedałem Z1000 za 1300 zł to myslę że Z1000Pro można sprzedać bez problemu za 1500 zł, osobiście mam Z1000Pro bo ma dość fajny interfejs HT a do DV używam Oppo 203 Clone

11. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

@Mentor27 @czarekurb
    I am also a Poland, guys, write in English, even if you do not know the language like me :) (otherwise, what will it prove)
    I am using google translate

Osmar and rozel like this.
  12. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

the same is using google translator

13. Random_Vibration

Random_Vibration Active Member

HDMI CEC is strange. In the beginning of using CEC on the Z9X, it was a disaster and I had to use a CECless adapter to protect my other interconnected devices. For the last couple of months, it has been flawless for the LG C6 (Marantz AVR) and TCL 525. It appears someone is always going have a problem with some specific hardware.

In my case, I found a setting on my Oppo UDP 203 that helped out the Z9X without turning off CEC for all devices. I hadn't touched that setting since I bought it and for the most part all devices were happy including a X9s. Toggling it allowed the Z9X to play well too.

If you have an Oppo UDP 203, I would set HDMI CEC to limited. It made life simpler for my Z9X, yet I still could use CEC. The On setting was too aggressive and caused switching issues.

Superdog likes this.
  14. Superdog

Superdog Member

Its strange that even I set Z9X CEC to off but still messed up with other devices and I have to press the hardware power button off to fix it. Since 6.1.05 no such issues I am considering flash back to this version of the firmware.

15. Superdog

Superdog Member

Thanks for you informations. My issues happened each time I soft power off the Z9X using the remote but all my other device still gone crazy. I had to hard power off the Z9X to fix it.

16. Random_Vibration

Apple goes it's own way in things. All or nothing on DV. The problem you are having could be the result of a interaction conflict.

My Oppo was good for years with a X9s. Both were connected to a LG C6 through a Marantz AVR. The Z9X CEC was broken from the start but from my perspective, largely addressed. I still had some issues until I changed a setting on the Oppo. When I stepped down how my Oppo dealt with CEC did peace and happiness come for the devices connected to the Marantz receiver. I kept CEC on for all devices and everyone was happy.

I don't have an Apple TV to check with but it very well could be the interaction of the two causing issues. A good test would be to use a CECless adapter on Apple TV and Zidoo, one at a time to see the impact on the other CEC devices.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
    Superdog likes this.
  17. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

I have a cec less adapter on all my devices and unless the Zidoo is fully disconnected from the power it messes with the Denon / LG.

Superdog likes this.
  18. Random_Vibration

I have a Zidoo Z9X going into a Marantz receiver. The reciever in turn goes into a LG C6. CEC turn on in all devices attached to the Marantz, the Marantz itself, and the C6. My CECless adapters are all in semi-retirement until the next errant device I buy. CEC is working as expected.

19. xliv

xliv Member

Hi guys,
    I'm running the 6.2.0 on a Z1000 Pro, and lately I noticed that when playing a 4k Bly-ray ISO in menu mode, the player enables HDR but does not switch to 4k.
    When launching the same movie in video mode, it switches to 4k / HDR.
    Is there something wrong with my settings? I have the following settings:
    - frame rate mode: frame rate and resolution
    - HDMI mode: normally have "Lock resolution" enabled at 1080p23 to force boot at 1080p23, but tried to disable the lock and have the same result
    Thanks - sorry if this was already reported elsewhere

20. Mariusz

Mariusz Active Member

Hi,
    And did you set HDMI to Auto?
    Or at 3840 × 2160 23p?