Beta version v1.0.85 for Z9X Pro release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Apr 25, 2024.

1. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

But we are! This thread is to discuss official Zidoo firmware. McBluna has stopped posting links to internal test versions.

xskip likes this.
  2. joey_corleone

joey_corleone Member

I am just saying, on www.zidoo.tv / Downloads it should be up to date, thats all. For example the downloads section for z2000 pro still is 1.0.52

3. supermood

supermood Active Member

thanks! yeah that would make sense but def not the case here. I'm always removing it completely and then scan new with one setting. that's how I tried at least 3 combinations.

what I can tell is that I def got 2 pics for one show if I have watched something and the state is coming from trakt / emby or internal via ht4. but, it's not the watched episode that's separated

4. xskip

xskip Active Member

so what? you are getting it here http://forum.zidoo.tv/
    same company.
    here its even better with all the reactions... etc. ;)

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

The way it works is the devs iterate the FW by singular dot dot releases as improvements are made and at some point these are passed to testers such as myself to make sure the revision does a) what it's supposed to and b) doesn't brick the box.

If it passes muster then a public beta is released. What we absolutely don't want is to see someone who's paid good money for a Zidoo product to have it turn into a brick. It's extremely rare but it can happen, so my sincere advice is only install firmware that either I or Mirror have released here on the forum - or of course those that are occasional released OTA (over the air) or as "Stable" releases on the main Zidoo.tv website.

Azrael, vddan, xskip and 2 others like this.
  6. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Member

I actually googled z9x Pro firmware update, I had no idea that 85 had been released, and one of the results was for this very page.

7. tc2007

tc2007 Active Member

Who cares as long as Zidoo keeps fixing issues and releases FW every 2-3 months and keeps improving the user experience.

8. cbnbmore

cbnbmore New Member

Hopefully it will be released soon for the other models.

vddan likes this.
  9. Faceman2k24

Faceman2k24 Active Member

Wont be too long, few days to a week i'd imagine.
    Let the Z9Xers test this one first... My Z2600 is doing just fine for now.

10. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Reminder of bug report in v1.0.85: HT movie scraping is quite faulty and incomplete:
    Scenario
    1) Most new video additions are not recognised at first scanning of sources and left as unclassified
    Then with manual scraping for individual movie you find the correct poster as first choice.
    3) If automatic classified from a list, then it always takes the oldest released choice.
    Again need to change selection to latest one which is 99% user choice.

(This bug is not from .85 but quite old but need to be fixed).

supermood likes this.
  11. Paul10mmring

Paul10mmring Member

After this long long wait How are we better off?? What the hell ??? It's beyond me that they just can't fix this darn range.So still no so many things just don't work. Is there only 1 person working on this ?? So Z10Pro now sold Just put Z20Pro up for sale such a shame

12. Evangelos

Evangelos New Member

what are you mumbling about mate? The box is now 99% perfect.
    All Audio/video codecs playing like a dream,
    Posterwall is instaneous in all my collections.
    The UI options (lock resolutions etc) are now repsected
    Got around 900 mkv remuxes and TV series.
    Even some old xvid anime series i have are playing without any hickups

The only thing left to "fix" is the very rare choppy framerate that is solved by a pause/unpause.
    99% percent perfect

darky_zidoo and royibo like this.
  13. supermood

supermood Active Member

pls don't say 'the only thing left to fix' you are neither an all knowing good nor have you read one trillion pages on that forum and personally checked out every report.

that's really a no go. arrogant and disrespectful to people writing here for half a year the same things.
    how you've checked 900 mkvs since 085 release could also be questioned...

I alone have still at least 5 bugs here from subtitle downloads and adding to scraping and library management. vs10 also not working correctly..

glad that you are happy!

14. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

pot kettle moment before going off on someone else :p

there is very few things that arent working and same with z9x range before its always subtitles and ht or nas issues

VS10 is working perfectly for me ,zero stutter or pause issues
    EDID loss may be fixed

so for me theres only mch sacd not working now

15. Paul10mmring

Paul10mmring Member

You made me laugh 99% perfect not way not even 75% It's not working as it should be .Paid good money for a product that's not been right since day one !! It works for you that's great but SACD does not work ?? I still don't have subs and I am hard of hearing so matters a lot to me Simple basic things don't get fixed on all boxes!!!!

Nicholas Hewitt likes this.
  16. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

for you maybe!!! but obviously, you do not know how media boxes work, not everybody has the same issues. thinking so is just arrogant and ignorant.

17. Azrael

Azrael Member

No problems also, dont even lose resolution and hdr configuration now that i know that the projector needs to be on first.
    You could argue that the box should retain its configuration even with no edid, or remember it when retraining hdmi, aniway i know how to bypass this now.
    All my media runs flawlessly

18. KJC

KJC Member

Updated my Z9X pro yesterday and the poster wall issue seems a lot more optimized now. It now takes lesser time.

19. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

What do you mean "I still don't have subs"? Subtitles work OK for me. The only niggle is that Zidoo now rename downloaded subs to name of movie. Was easier when it simply showed file name - which helped to choose correct one.

20. Paul10mmring

Paul10mmring Member

Glad they work for you they don't for me !!! They used too then they stopped!