Beta version v1.0.75 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jan 9, 2024.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I don't understand.

2. KJC

KJC Member

Thanks!

Is there any setting for DV movies for Zidoo playback?

3. KJC

KJC Member

I have some 2160p dolby vision movies but my TV would show 1080p DV in information so the movie is not played in 4K. Z9X pro sending DV movie in 1080p instead 2160p. why so?

4. vddan

vddan Active Member

I am !

5. Markswift2003

Are they 59.940fps?

6. Simon Belmont

Simon Belmont Member

That was annoying it updated so many times. It's finally stopped. I have never experienced anything like this before in any other media player ever. I have owned so many. dammed weird tbh

gymnos likes this.
  7. KJC

KJC Member

Nope! as you can see in the attached image, most of them are 24-30fps.
    Tried resetting the player but no help.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2024
  8. Azrael

Azrael Member

It was wrong but it worked great for my setup. Now if i want VS10 it needs to be allways engaged, even for non HDR content, that means the user everytime it wants to see SDR native content needs to turn Auto in HDR options :(

9. Markswift2003

It was because some internal testing was going - there were a couple of issues being ironed out. There should be another OTA update at the end of the week

Simon Belmont likes this.
  10. KJC

KJC Member

Can anyone help me out with this? All my DV movies are played in 1080p by Zidoo. Of Course! my TV supports 4K DV.

11. Markswift2003

It is what it is - at the end of the day, Auto should be native in all available EDID modes and only converted in those modes not supported by the display.

As I said, the biggest issue was lack of HDR10+ layer for non-DV displays for HDR10+ base layer DV content but another problem was for those using outboard processing - Lumagens, Envys etc - they definitely want the content native.

Unfortunately Dolby saw fit to remove all the VS10 options available previously.

Azrael likes this.
  12. Markswift2003

Your image shows the output as 2160p.

DennisTheMenace likes this.
  13. Azrael

Azrael Member

Same 75 version? i tried yesterday night but it would not give me anything over OTA, should i wait for the end of the week?

14. goral

goral New Member

If I understand correctly, I am facing a similar issue, but let's start from the beginning.

Yesterday, after updating to the latest version (1.0.75), 4K@23.976 videos started playing in 1080p, and the 4K resolution option disappeared from the settings, leaving only 1080p and 720p available. Restarting the Z20Pro, reinstalling the latest version of the software, and restarting the TV did not resolve the issue.

After resetting to factory settings, the 4K option returned in the settings, but the entire GUI was in 1080p. When I played a movie in 4K, it worked in its native resolution, but after stopping the movie, it reverted back to 1080p, and this cycle continued. Restarting the Z20Pro and the TV again did not help.

Today, on the first boot, the GUI was in 4K but occupied only a quarter of the TV screen. After a restart, everything worked correctly.

There were no such issues on version 1.0.65.

settings

sorry for my english

I am aware that reproducing these problems might be difficult.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2024
    gymnos and KJC like this.
  15. I am gonna pass on this version and perhaps the next....with the same speed some bugs are fixed other strange bugs are added.

Perhaps a year from now there will be a stable firmware version wich does not add new bugs.

16. Azreil24

Azreil24 Member

Does anyone else have scaling issues on .75? Mine just resets, visually, as I can see the side library navigation letters going outside of the visual area, but the scaling in the setting remains the same at 98% (not sure why the scaling issue with 100% from the get go, as for all other devices I never had to adjust it). It happened multiple times now since the update.

Also, resolution FPS does not return back to 60fps once I get back to the menu, it's stuck at 23fps.

Didn't have these issues before the upgrade.

17. joey_corleone

joey_corleone Member

Excellent, thanks Mark! I really like that HDR10+ passes through now. I will have to do some testing with VS10 and see if I like it on and outputting HDR all the time especially for SDR content

18. Markswift2003

Ok - there's definitely something freaky going on.

DV MP4s only seem to play in HDR10.

Occasionally DV MKVs will play in SDR.

Occasionally, if HDR is set to Auto, settings don't revert after stopping a video.

But none of it (except DV MP4 playing in HDR10) is reproducible.

gymnos likes this.
  19. Szw

Szw Member

I did the first test with the new firmware.

I have Z20Pro and only HDR TV (Samsung):
    1. When setting HDR Auto, the output for films with double layer DV/HDR10(+) now works correctly.
    2. Changing chapters when watching films with DV/HDR10(+) double layer also works without the image freezing.
    3. Access to Zidoo web interface now works correctly.
    Thank you Mark for that.

20. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member