Beta version v1.0.75 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jan 9, 2024.

1. limitz

limitz Member

What is the difference between this current thread and the previous on here:

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/new-version-v1-0-75-for-z9x-pro-release.97446/

I installed the linked version above. But this current one is the 1.0.75 beta? The changelog looks identical but there is a new hash? Do I need to reinstall?

Isn't the beta supposed to come first before the official release? Confused at the naming/timing of it all.

2. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

with 3 diff f/w .75 versions and last is OTA they should have made it .80 to stop all the confusion :p

Temearoo likes this.
  3. joey_corleone

joey_corleone Member

I did the OTA update. The only issue I see so far is that I have HDR set to “auto” but if I play content that is 4k with Dolby Vision it sends HDR10 to the projector, but VS10 does not engage.

If I play content with Dolby Vision and HDR10+ like Back To The Future, it sends HDR10+ to the projector but VS10 again does not engage

My understanding was that with HDR set to auto, it should send HDR10 with VS10 engine engaged in either case. That is how it worked before. So in summary, VS10 is not engaging now for Dolby Vision or HDR10+ content

Last edited: Jan 10, 2024
  4. KJC

KJC Member

@Markswift2003 Could you explain why is the need to have ZDMC/Kodi on Zidoo players? What are the benefits?
    ZDMC supports wide range of media files?

5. mister_no

mister_no New Member

6. jehangir kh

jehangir kh Member

Hi
    In this FW i have got normal playback very smooth and got natural colors in DV and HDR. Is able to upscale 1080 p videos when i select framerate only.
    I have got issue with this firmware. When i play HDR file than DV and SDR all play in HDR. When i play DV file than non DV play in LLDV unless i select Auto in HDR.

7. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

The issue has been fixed. The response from OTA server is {"status":"lastest"}" now.

dr4go and geebolt like this.
  8. KJC

KJC Member

Hello!
    Need a bit of input from you all.

Is player-led LLDV better than TV-led DV?
    Is there any possibility that I can utilize player-led 12-bit DV instead of TV-led 8-bit DV on my LG OLED TV?

9. Azrael

Azrael Member

i was testing out this yesterday, i'm new to Zidoo so not sure how some stuff works, on 1.0.52 i'm so happy with this feature, it's not working now on 1.0.75 ?

10. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

IMO, if they do that all users may confuse and rush to re-install while there is no need as all these .75 versions are the same.

11. joey_corleone

joey_corleone Member

Not for me. I’ve been doing testing all night. I have a z2000 pro —> Yamaha Aventage A4A AVR —> Epson LS12000 projector.

Projector supports HDR10 / HDR10+ but not DV. All my content is MKV files from my own DVD, Blu-Ray and 4k UHD Blu-Ray rips (remuxes)

In v1.0.52 with HDR set to auto:

- HDR10 files output HDR10 passthru
    - DV/HDR10 files output HDR10 with VS10
    - DV/HDR10+ filed output HDR10 with VS10

With v1.0.75 with HDR set to auto I see:

- HDR10 files output HDR10 passthru
    - DV/HDR10 files output HDR10 but no VS10
    - DV/HDR10+ files output HDR10+ passthru

So basically, the only way I can get VS10 engine to kick on is to set HDR to VS10 output HDR. I am not sure I prefer the Zidoo doing “fake HDR” for non HDR content, but maybe someone can convince me why I should

Mainly though I am confused because it’s not working how I think it should be, unless I am misunderstanding how the zidoo HDR settings work or they changed something.

I did notice in the 1.0.75 notes it mentioned something about changing HDR output mode and VS10 changes. Maybe Mark can shed some light

12. magelo

magelo New Member

It's a good news))

13. KristianR

KristianR New Member

TV led should be better if you have a good tv

14. Thomas H

Thomas H New Member

When trying to now update my Z2000 Pro (running 1.0.65) OTA I'm still getting "Your software is up to date". I have "Receive the beta version" checked (as well as "Automatically check...").

Guess I have to download the 1.0.75 package from McBluna and update manually anyway.

Am I the only one experiencing this?

15. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

HDR Auto now correctly sends all content natively.

Previously it would process the base layer of a DV Profile 4,7,8 file with VS10 which is incorrect. This is not how Auto should work and particularly for HDR10+ content, it meant that the HDR10+ base layer in DV content for a non-DV display was lost.

Your projector is presumably HDR10 compatible only so the base HDR10(+) layer now passes through. Native passthrough is the correct behaviour for an "Auto" mode.

If you want to use VS10 processing, choose VS10 HDR from the HDR settings.

dr4go, cbnbmore and joey_corleone like this.
  16. Markswift2003

There is no need to install ZDMC/Kodi. The Zidoo is not a Kodi player.

ZDMC was originally used as a stopgap before HT was developed - basically Kodi ported to use the Zidoo hardware player.

ZDMC was deprecated years ago when HT was released and has not been officially supported since. It's occasionally updated as a bonus, but there is no official support.

17. KJC

KJC Member

Such a great help you've been!
    now one more help I need.

Is player-led LLDV better than TV-led DV?
    Is there any possibility that I can utilize player-led 12-bit DV instead of TV-led 8-bit DV on my years old LG OLED TV?

No matter what my LG OLED will always show RGB 8-bit as TV-led in information. Don't know how to utilize Zidoo 12-bit DV to fullest.

Attached Files:

18. Markswift2003

In short, no, but it's a complicated question with a very complicated answer.

General consensus would be that TV Led is "better" but that's usually due to software and hardware rather than technical considerations. In reality, compare yourself and I bet for the same player on the same display you won't see any difference.

TV Led is not 8-bit, it's 12-bit, it's only carried in an 8-bit RGB container through a process called HDMI tunneling.

If your LG only supports TV Led then there is a way to enable it to support Player Led but it requires buying an HDFury box and other than for curiosity it's not really worth it.

gymnos likes this.
  19. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I'm on my second LG OLED (had a CX now have a C2) and had both the Z9X and now the Z9X Pro. In the past I've experimented by setting all to both TV led and Player led and TBH saw no difference. Therefore as LG make excellent DV TV's I leave it on TV led.

20. KJC

KJC Member

Thanks again!

Why Zidoo natively play 2160p DV content in 1080p DV even when selected matched frame and resolution?
    It will only covert to 2160p when engage manual resolution option.
    upload_2024-1-10_15-47-54.jpeg