Beta version v1.0.75 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jan 9, 2024.

1. KJC

KJC Member

3D can be manually turned ON but the user interface too will be in 3D which looks real bad.
    I was told by a Zidoo user that Z9X support most of the 3D formats but here my Z9X pro does not do it properly.
    Moreover Z9X pro is unable to detect my 3D supported display.

2. KJC

KJC Member

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

As I said above, that "Not Supported" doesn't matter - that just means your TV is reporting 3D capability incorrectly (a lot do) - usually with data about the 3D modes supported missing. It's just a text report of the EDID data. Doesn't affect operation.

If it's a 3D file the Zidoo just plays it regardless and sends a 3D signal (unless you have 3D to 2D switched on) - it's up to the TV to decode that.

If you post your EDID I can add that info back in and see if that makes a difference.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2024
    KTR likes this.
  4. KTR

KTR New Member

I know that my player iz Z20 Pro, but technically is the same player as Z9X Pro, apart of the shape because of the HDD bay.
    Mine is sending the frame packed 3D signal automatically to the Tv and to the Projector.
    If the 3D can be manually turned on an you see the movie correctly that means everything should be ok between the player and the Tv.
    In your circumstances, I can think for only two potential issues.
    - 3D to 2D switched on (as Markswift2003 suggested)
    - The file you are playing, could be named in a wrong way. In order the player to recognise the video file is 3D and play the 3D signal automatically, you need to have in the file name "3D" and "SBS" for Side by Side or "TB" for Top Bottom
    Please check these.

Regarding the interface, please check my advise from my previous post. You can change the "Depth" of the interface so it will be perfectly aligned for the both eyes and it will be displayed as 2D.

Also, what is the exact model of your TV?

5. KJC

KJC Member

I've shared the EDID .bin file. kindly change the extension(.bin). Let me know if it can make any difference.

Sorry but I don't think that my TV is reporting incorrectly as the same media file when played directly on TV would turn 3D mode ON.

Attached Files:

• edid.jpg
      File size:
      256 bytes
      Views:
  6. KJC

KJC Member

Thanks a lot for guidance.
    Manually turning 3D ON is too much of a struggle as the UI lags a lot. My TV would automatically turn on 3D if played directly via HDD.
    I think Z9X pro is not recognizing the 3D display and hence might be playing the movie in 2D?
    All my 3D files have named 3D TAB 2160p ripped.

Mine is LG 65E6....a passive 3D set.

7. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Ok, first question - are the files you're using Frame Packed because according to this EDID, your TV doesn't support it - it only supports SBS and OU?

Also, the only VICs supported for SBS & OU are 1080p50 (VIC 3) and 1080p60 (VIC 2).

The reason files can play ok directly on the TV is that this is not via HDMI so not subject to EDID which only defines what can and can't be sent via HDMI.

upload_2024-1-11_18-55-24.png

8. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

That is incorrect... at least with the later generations of Zidoos... Although I remember that file naming requirement used to be the case with other older media streamers.. such as the old Mede8ers in order for them to "snap" into 3D mode playback... .but current Zidoos have not needed that.. at least going back to my first Zidoo (X9s model) and up through my Z9s and now my Z9x. My 3D MKVs are simply named "movie title.mkv" and they automatically play in 3D just fine.

9. Azreil24

Azreil24 Member

Yeah, this 0.75 is so bad.

- My Hugo 4K Blu-ray folder rip now flickers in purple and green. Played fine with 0.58 that I had before
    - I also managed to get it to not switch to 2160p with some 4K titles, playing in 1080p DV, as others also reported. No issue with 0.58
    - I also have an issue with some titles being played in a tiny window in top left corner instead of full screen, again, others also reported this. Happened once with 0.58 also
    - The scalling reset issue reported prior. No issue with 0.58.
    - Menu not falling back to the 1080p 60fps I had it set to, instead it remains at 23hz. No issue with 0.58.

I was kidding when I was saying it's as bad as nVidia drivers, it's actually worse. Sadly I'm out of the return period for my Z9X Pro...

LE: Was looking to downgrade back to 0.58 but it seems the links I can find for download points to it being an alpha firmware. So basically my Z9X Pro got delivered to me with an alpha firmware. Just keeps getting better and better with this product...

10. pissteufel

pissteufel New Member

Bug: Grey colors for internal srt based subtitles not working, see screenshot attached.

If marked grey colors in subtitle settings are chosen subtitles stay white.

In addition:
    Max position for internal srt subtitles is -20.
    This differs from PGS subtitles where position of -80 or more is possible. Used to work for internal srt based subtitles too.

Any help to fix this subtitles issues is appreciated!

Attached Files:

KTR likes this.
  11. KTR

KTR New Member

With full respect and no intention of just opposition I would like to disagree with your statement that my post was "incorrect"
    I can speak for players Z10, Z10 Pro and Z20 Pro

In order the player to send a 3D signal to any TV or Projector the video file "MUST" contain 3D SBS in the file name. Otherwise the player will play the file in 2D and you will see the pictures for both eyes Left and Right, next to each other.
    I also had Mede8er and this also applied there.
    I have conducted a small test with the 3D trailer of Avatar 2
    3x identical files but named differently.
    Only the file that contained 3D SBS, triggered automatically the 3D signal to the TV. The other two played in regular 2D.

Please see the screenshots below. 20240111_223826.jpg 20240111_224223.jpg 20240111_224049.jpg 20240111_224005.jpg

12. Azrael

Azrael Member

you sure it came with 1.0.58 not 1.0.52 i think that's the stable version?
    upload_2024-1-11_23-41-49.png

I have a brand new Z2000 Pro and it came with 1.0.52 that i'm keeping for now because everything is working ok for now.

Papi likes this.
  13. Azreil24

Azreil24 Member

Yeah, seen that also. I'm pretty sure it came with .58 as I kept checking for updates after I enabled the beta option and had nothing and I always saw 1.0.58 since I got it.

Mikis likes this.
  14. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

I wonder if the reason for your issues is most likely because your resolutions and format shown in your examples are different for normal 3D playback.... your files are showing as 3840*1080 H264 format .... my own disc ripped 3D movie files (not downloaded) are 1920*1080 AVC frame packed 3d. Thus Zidoo recognizes and plays them properly without any mention of 3d in the filename necessary.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2024
  15. KJC

KJC Member

afaik all my 3D movies are in Top-and-Bottom. When I'm playing these movie via Z9X pro it will show two frames one at the top and other at the bottom...but when I play these files on TV directly then it will never show top and bottom but trigger in 3D playing it fine.
    Can it be caused by HDMI(The HDMI cable I'm using says 3D supported so......)?

Last month I was told by Zidoo support team after sharing the edid.bin that they will fix this issue in next firmware release.

Now the Zidoo support team is not even replying since last 3 days when I approach them.

upload_2024-1-12_10-46-40.png

16. browelly

browelly New Member

I bought my Z9X Pro before Christmas and it came with v1.0.58 installed too.

17. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Z9X v1.0.75_G: New crash while changing Display> HDR from Auto to VS10 engine. Zidoo freezes before showing confirmation window. Need a hard reboot.
    Third time I've got a crash under v.75 although no reproducible easily.

18. Azreil24

Azreil24 Member

Same here. Bought on the 15th of December. Never seen a company deliver a product with alpha stage software, albeit seems it was actually better than this new 0.75 beta.

19. Mikis

Mikis Member

I bought my Z20 Pro before Christmas and it came with v1.0.58 installed too.

20. JavItu

JavItu New Member

I bought a ZIDOO Z2000PRO before Christmas and it came with version 1.0.52, for now I'm still with it because it works well for me.
    I'm afraid to load a new version on a "pendrive" in case it downloads incorrectly and ZIDOO doesn't work. Could it happen? I prefer via OTA as I find it much safer.
    Is it not going to be possible to update the ZIDOO Z2000PRO via OTA soon or is it always necessary to download it via "pendrive"?
    Thanks for everything.