Beta version v1.0.52 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jul 21, 2023.

1. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Wouldn't listen to them! Every media box I've ever owned has had bugs no matter how 'mature' they were. This is different as this range is still relatively new and I hoped Zidoo would be fixing bugs at at faster rate

Phil1975m and dr4go like this.
  2. Moyt

Moyt New Member

While I'm very tempted to return my z2000 Pro, I'm going to have a little faith and see if a firmware update comes in the next few weeks.

But for now, I need to ask if anyone has used VLC media player on their boxes and if they've can read their external hard drives with it? For me it doesn't read any external HDD.
    OR even reading from an internal HDD using VLC media player, what's peoples experience?
    For me reading external HDD is just a temporary solution while I don't have an internal HDD fitted. Because the default Zidoo media player is shocking at times when it comes to being compatible with video playback. For me probably 90% at most successful playback rate, which I would say is really bad considering VLC pretty much chews up any video file you chuck at it.

3. tc2007

tc2007 Active Member

I have tried multiple audio video applications and nothing is able to read from the external drives. Kodi / VLC / etc.

4. Moyt

Moyt New Member

Ok thanks for the info. Going to assume you don't run an internal hard drive?

5. tc2007

tc2007 Active Member

By external I mean the HDDs inside my bay as well as an external USB HDDs via enclosure. Nothing works except the built in flash storage.

dr4go likes this.
  6. sandyj

sandyj Member

Are they formatted in exFat format as we are waiting on a fix to support NTFS at the moment ?

7. tc2007

tc2007 Active Member

Yes exFat. 14TB each.

8. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

If you want to use kodi, install this zdmc version. In only this version I can use my external USB drives.
    http://apidl.zidoo.tv/app/zdmc-20.2_rtk.apk

9. Moyt

Moyt New Member

Man... that's shocking. I seriously hope the next update is worth the wait and counts.

10. vddan

vddan Active Member

October 30!! :(

Simon Belmont likes this.
  11. Simon Belmont

Simon Belmont Member

Agree we need firmeware fixes asap.

12. TheRedDevil7

TheRedDevil7 New Member

Hi !
    Quick question: could the slowdown I've noticed on my REMUX UHD, and not on 4K Light, be due to the HDMI cable not being fast enough? It's the same cable I used with the Zappiti Pro and I didn't have this problem. I'm pretty sure this cable is not 48gbps capable.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2023
  13. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

No, absolutely and unequivacably not.

14. TheRedDevil7

TheRedDevil7 New Member

Thanks Mark
    So there's no need to buy another cable...

15. Markswift2003

Probably not - I always use Premium Certified cables and they don't need to be expensive (€10 max I'd say) - just look for the Premium Certified certificate from HDMI.org:

upload_2023-10-30_19-31-3.png

With HDMI cables, they either work or they don't - there are no degrees in between.

USA likes this.
  16. Phil1975m

Phil1975m New Member

Hi all

I purchased my Z20 Pro when it 1st became available, overall very happy with my purchase even with some minor bugs.

Not sure if anyone else has had similar issue to what I’m getting now.

However, out of the blue, most of my film files whatever I try won’t play anymore, I have tried isolating the files one by one but the issue still persists.
    The files worked perfectly only a few weeks ago, even the watched ones.
    The only thing that has changed is my internet set up as I now have a mesh network. The majority of files are MKV.
    I have no idea why these files are no longer playable, when I press play I get a message saying unable to play, or when the film starts I get just a black screen and nothing.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2023
  17. Markswift2003

What's confusing is that you say "most" of your films won't now play - so what's different about the location of the ones that do and the ones that don't?

Since you say you have changed internet providers, and also now have a mesh network, presumably your whole network infrastructure has changed - so the whole subnet has probably changed, almost certainly IP addresses, unless static, have changed, so the box probably just doesn't know where everything is. But that doesn't explain why you can presumably still see the files on there. And again, the "most" thing doesn't make sense.

We need a lot more information - ie, what was the network structure before (subnet and IP addresses of Zidoo and file locations) and what is it now.

Siju Thomas likes this.
  18. Phil1975m

Phil1975m New Member

OK let's forget the mesh network all I did was add a mesh router internet is still the same, that has no bearing in my view as I only mentioned it as that's the only thing that's changed in my home cinema set up.

I use an internal 12TB hard drive or some 4TB ones in a dock plugged in by USB into my Z20 Pro.

What I mean by "MOST", is the files worked perfectly previously now 70-80% have just stopped working for no apparent reason.

I'm sorry I can't be super technical for you and you are confused @Markswift2003.

I can't put it any other way, all the files come up as previously in Home Theater 4.0, I go into the films click play and most of them no longer play, even the ones that worked perfectly previously.

19. mikel723

mikel723 New Member

Hi. I replaced my z9x with the newer z9x pro currently on v.1.0.52. i am now having problems playing my 4k remuxes and 4k bdmv files. this hasnt happen to me when i was using z9x. the only "fix" to play these 4k remuxes is to restart z9x pro EVERY time i play4k remuxes and 4k bdmvs. But on 1080p remuxes and 1080p bdmv, z9x pro play them without any problem. is there any fix to this issue? Thanks!

20. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

What happens when you browse to your files using the Media Center and try to play them?

Phil1975m likes this.