Beta version v1.0.52 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jul 21, 2023.

1. sandyj

sandyj Member

I have no issues whats so ever with playback but I don't use DV at all and most of my files are MKV format the picture is superb.

"MKV files suffer from micro stutter, frame skipping or playback slowing down"
    I did have issues with my snology nas which appeared to be the root caused all of these issues but I made changes to it which appear to have resolved all of this. A thing to note here is I did have some of this happening with my previous zidoo as well so I went all out to fix it the part that annoyed me most was I would get 3/4 the way through a movie and it would start stuttering but would never happen to a tv series very strange. The good part is I no longer have these problems. I have always had my system set to match frame rate in the zidoo.

2. TheRedDevil7

TheRedDevil7 New Member

It's very strange indeed...

3. Simon Belmont

Simon Belmont Member

I've had my Z2000 Pro for 3 weeks and have no issues. A bug here and there, but no problem playing files. Everything plays butter smooth

4. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

What issues did you have with your Synology NAS and what changes did you make?

I've had an issue where my Zidoo periodically looses connection to my Synology - and then after awhile reconnects.

vddan likes this.
  5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Just to echo the above - no issues on playback of DV or any other HDR/VS10 format at all.

Not sure what's going on there, especially the "flashing and weird colors".

(You shouldn't use M2TS as a file container for playback on its own - it's a transport stream and should really only be used within an mpls playlist structure like BDMV)

6. sandyj

sandyj Member

Exactly as the poster "ThisIsWhoWeAre" said down to the T I could have not described it better he appears to have the exact same issue as I had before "MKV files suffer from micro stutter, frame skipping or playback slowing down"
    At first I thought it was the Zidoo but after reading a few posts on NTFS issues and networking problems I went all out to look at other causes outside of the Zidoo. I do still get the occasional a black screen exiting out of a file but never during playback and I can play for 5 hours straight I think this is a HDMI handshake or the zidoo going into a unsupported resolution/frequency but its an easy temp fix for this. That is about the only problem that I find annoying everything else works for my needs. Oh and my Apple TV also does this sometimes but not as often but my setup is complicated as I have a projector that has a very long HDMI cable in the mix.
    Will post some of the NAS settings as soon as I can I am at work at the moment.

blenky likes this.
  7. sandyj

sandyj Member

Which model of snology NAS do you have ?

8. TheRedDevil7

TheRedDevil7 New Member

Hi !
    I watched another film last night and again 3 micro sound cuts, using this Zidoo5000 is becoming more and more unpleasant for me.
    I've changed absolutely nothing on my system apart from this player (before Zapp Pro), so how cannot I blame it?

9. sandyj

sandyj Member

I have owned several of zappiti players and the last one being a Zappiti Pro 4K HDR I had lots of issues with the server but everyone's mileage seems to vary with media players I much prefer my Zidoo. Regarding your issue with the Zidoo 5000 we need more details of your setup to be able to help in some way.

10. xskip

xskip Active Member

New Members:
    use Settings / Signature for details of your setup.

dr4go and Markswift2003 like this.
  11. mikel723

mikel723 New Member

sharing this observation i had with my z9x pro.

i am experiencing less 4k and bdmv read problems after selecting standard under color setting HDMI signal. the problem is still popping up but i can play continuous 4Ks and bdmv. it will now only have problem playing anything with dolby vision.

another thing i noticed is that if there is a read problem, the display on the z9x pro will just be "000000" and thats the time that I need to restart it.

12. The only reason I use M2TS is because it is the only way for me to playback files flawlessly.....with the exception of dolby vision.

In all other cases....every and I mean every file suffers from the mentioned problems above.

I simply can't understand why this should mather.....mkv file container or m2ts file container.

All issues dissapear when I use my old z9x.

It is a Quick fix because with mkv tsmixer the program just copies the content of the mkv file container to a m2ts file container....takes only a couple of minutes.

If I don't do this watching movies and tv shows become very irritating and I just want to relax in the evening watching something I like instead of getting irritated.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2023
  13. I am using a external WD usb 3 hard drive for playback not through network.

I can't read in your post what the exact fix for your problems was....what did you do?

14. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I only mention m2ts because they can be problematic, depending how they're produced, but yes, if you just remux an mkv to m2ts then it shouldn't be an issue.

But it shouldn't be unnecessary.

I've been testing this box from before it was released, and although I still have a long list of fixes in, the only playback issue I've seen recently is a known (and replicated) issue with some oddball videos with a TrueHD soundtrack. Nothing with DV files.

I think we need to start by eliminating the files as the issue - can you PM me a clip (upload to mega.nz or similar) of one that shows the issue and at the same time send your EDID. That way I can replicate your box playing your files.

To Download EDID
    ================

Settings/Display/Custom EDID/Save EDID

Save to a USB stick or network location.

Change the file extension from .bin to .txt to upload to the forum

(The forum won't accept .bin files)

15. Well replicating the issue is not easy because if i playback the file it never occurs on the same timestamp. Means I have to film the movie with my mobile phone and then cut out the problematic part.

For now I am going to wait and see if the upcoming firmware update fixes this or not.

If not I will reserve some of my precious time to send you a problematic clip and my edit.

16. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I have a DS220+

17. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

This is the issue I have with my synology NAS. On a regular basis when watching a movie or TV programme the network indicator light on the front panel of my Z9X Pro flickers and goes off. At the same time the video will freeze. Sometimes the network light comes back and the video continues. More often than not though I get a message on screen saying can't play video and it quits back to HT4 UI. Starting the video sometimes is the ned of the problem and I can watch to the end - but not always.

It happened today. I was watching a movie and this happened twice - kicking me back to HT4. The second time I quit HT4 and opened Media Center. I could navigate to the source with the movie (a drive connected to my synology by USB). However when I went back in HT4 no movies from that source were showing in HT4. For some reason the source had become 'invalid' (see screenshot). After a few minutes the source became available on its own without any interaction on my part.

It's a real puzzle. It happens a lot and I don't know what is causing it!

Attached Files:

vddan likes this.
  18. TheRedDevil7

TheRedDevil7 New Member

Done !
    My UDH 5000 is directly connected to the LG C1 with the same HDMI cable that i used for the Zapp for the video only, and to the AV amp Marantz with the Zidoo HDMI cable for audio only.

xskip likes this.
  19. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

is your Marantz receiver a newer 4k DV DA one ?
    If so just connect zidoo 5000 to the AV out hdmi ,and that to earc/arc on tv (ie eleminate the 2 outputs on Z 5000 as a point for your issues

20. TheRedDevil7

TheRedDevil7 New Member

I'll try that, but it worked perfectly with my previous player, I've always separated audio and video, so I refuse to believe that it can't work perfectly with a player like the UHD5000.