Beta version v1.0.52 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jul 21, 2023.

1. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

x2

if its only when playing those files thru HT (which i never use and have zero play issues even with my new Z9X Pro ) ,maybe some setting in HT is tied to your old Routers subnet and IP address ,which now doesnt exist
    IE ,last time i changed routers i had to redo everything cos 192.168.1.xxx changed to 192.168.0.xxx

But if they all play fine via Media Center ,and not via HT maybe wipe and redo all HT settings ?

Phil1975m likes this.
  2. Phil1975m

Phil1975m New Member

The same issue, not matter what I try so just won't play anymore.

3. Phil1975m

Phil1975m New Member

I'm at a loss at the moment Gents, the files won't play via Media Centre or HT.

I've emailed Zidoo support for advice and clarity on the next firmware release.

4. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

If you can cut down one of the faulty MKVs to say 5 min file or so ,so say 3-5gb then save it to something like Mega files or rapidgator and post link here im happy to d/l and try on my Z9X Pro and Z9X ...test the file to make sure issues still there first thou :)

Free app MKVToolNix is great for this just select using specific timecode ,so 00:05:00 for 5 mins in 2nd, output tab

Phil1975m likes this.
  5. Phil1975m

Phil1975m New Member

Well, I got a reply from Zidoo Support, who sent me a beta version 1.0.58 to try and report back, I won't be sharing the beta, I don't want to break anyone's player. I will report back ASAP.

6. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Theres one issue we know of where these new boxes are losing the EDID settings occassionly , even if you set your settings to a custom EDID
    This has been replicated by Mark and sent on for a fix

For me it usually happens when i finish watching say a tv epi or an mkv/bdsm with folder structures ,and i rush the back button multiple times to get out of the folders and back to main menu
    Now i know what it is ,ie usually a black screen or black screen with tiny logo in top left ,i know to just hit Home and re apply my settings ie reset resolution and HDR portions
    Resolution button pushed with say 2 3 sec pauses will usually also restore screen to a working resolution ,ie systems jumped on to a res not supported by TV

Is this the issue your having ?

Phil1975m likes this.
  7. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Come on Zidoo! November tomorrow. Need that firmware

8. vddan

vddan Active Member

We're going to have to stop dreaming!!!!!!

Phil1975m and USA like this.
  9. tc2007

tc2007 Active Member

They just announced the new Eversolo A8. That's where all the money is now. I don't think we are getting a new firmware until next year.

10. mikel723

mikel723 New Member

Thanks for the response!

Similar! I can play 1 file then if I play another, it will just be a black screen with some audio for more or less 10 seconds then it hangs. I can go back to home but I can no longer play 4Ks and it's the restart that will fix this for me. Only occurs if I play 4k remuxes (in mkv) and 4k bdmv but for 1080p files and bdmv and iso, there are no problem.

haven't had this problem with my z9x before. that one plays everything. I hope this issue gets fixed soon.

11. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

My players been on no turn offs for 3 weeks now
    Once we worked out the EDID issue its usually fixed for me by hitting HOME then resetting Display settings for Resolution and HDR,and its only happening maybe 2-3 day day intervals now i BACK out of folders with longer pauses
    The RESOLUTION button also works for some, ie push it wait 3 secs for hdmi resynch,if no screen , try again
    1 of those weeks i had mild covid/cold and hammered the player all day with 2 movies and lotsa 4k /1080p tv epis and only had the issue a couple of times

Be interesting to see what TV and Receiver ppl that are having real bad times with the EDID loss , are using ,Maybe theres a common connection there
    So maybe post your devices if your getting the black screen a LOT

im using Denon 3700H amp and Panasonic L1500Z OLED and only see the issue very rarely

12. Phil1975m

Phil1975m New Member

I'm so sorry, I don't know where to start with your request.

I have been using beta firmware v1.0.58 which hasn't resolved my issues.

I spent a good few hours troubleshooting, however, my conclusion was that somehow my Z20 had corrupted some of my movie files, as they worked flawlessly previously and somehow no longer do.
    I have tried the files on other devices and even checked them they are no longer playable.

I will be firing an email to Zidoo as it is not the 1st time this has happened, when I got the Z20 PRO I threw in the hard drive I used with my Z9S and it chewed the drive up, I sent it back to Seagate who replaced it for me as they couldn't recover the drive.

13. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

That v1.0.58 firmware is 2 months old now. And the only thing it fixes is the windows smb bug.

The download can be found on mcblunas website
    https://www.mcbluna.net/wp/tag/firmware/

I'm really disappointed, about
    how Zidoo is coping with everything at the moment.
    Not even the link to the new ZDMC version 20.2, which is the only Kodi app to offer access to USB hard drives, has been officially posted. It was discovered by chance by a forum user.
    This way you simply don’t neglect your customers

Phil1975m likes this.
  14. TheRedDevil7

TheRedDevil7 New Member

Deepl translation from my french words :

They'll release the new firmware when the UHD6000 comes out.
    Well no, it will be a beta...

I'm only experiencing slowdowns on UHD remuxs tested in Dolby TrueHD at the moment, I need to test a UHD remux in DTS-HD.
    I haven't noticed this on 4K Light, and not on HD remux either.
    On the other hand, it's been 2 or 3 times out of 3 different films that I've experienced a micro sound cut-out at least once during the film, with the sound dropping out and coming straight back in.
    In short, all that to say that I've never had so many bugs as with this UHD5000, I'm really starting to regret my move to Zidoo, my Zappiti Pro was 100x more stable, admittedly slow but stable, and that's all I ask for when playing a film.

Stability, dammit!

Albaintor, USA and Phil1975m like this.
  15. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Download the software MKVToolNix from here

https://mkvtoolnix.download/downloads.html

Install and run. Add a problematic file using the 'Input' tab (see screenshot). Then go to 'Output' tab. There is an option to split the file (see second screenshot). Select 'After output duration' from drop down. In Duration box enter '300s' (five minutes). The click 'Start multiplexing' button. Keep an eye on the output directory and you will see multiple files being created. You can stop after second file is being created. The first file will be the fist 5 minutes.

You then need to upload the file into the cloud where it can be accessed - try https://mega.nz/.

Attached Files:

16. WRBreland

WRBreland Member

So there is a new top model in the making?

17. Has anybody found a way to playback dolby vision files without problems?

I can't seem to find a working configuration.

MKV files suffer from micro stutter, frame skipping or playback slowing down.

M2TS files freeze during playback on different moments.

If i use the VS10 map everything to HDR the screen surfers from flashing and weird colors.

The same happens when switching from LLDV playback to TV led.

18. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I don't have any issues with MKV or M2TS files. SDR, HDR10, and DV files play fine for me - both on PQ and smoothness. Not much help I know - but just to highlight that some of us are not experiencing these issues. I Have an LG C2 TV and Pioneer AVR. Maybe its some combination of TV\projector and AVR\Soundbar that the Zidoo struggles with?

ThisIsWhoWeAre likes this.
  19. Well....the problem is that everything played fine using my old Z9X....so for me that rules out the equipement in the rest of my set.

The problem lies i'm afraid with the Z2000 Pro

Phil1975m likes this.
  20. TheRedDevil7

TheRedDevil7 New Member

Only a private joke ;)