Beta version v1.0.52 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jul 21, 2023.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

This firmware is being progressively rolled out OTA

Changelogs:
    Since v1.0.48
    1. Optimized system playback stability
    2. Optimized the problem that the subtitles of individual film sources were displayed incorrectly
    3. Optimized HDR mode LLDV output
    4. Optimized the problem that individual streaming apps cannot play
    5. Optimized the poster wall matching function
    6. Optimized the audio output settings
    7. Optimized video navigation stability
    8. Optimized system stability

Since v1.0.45
    1. Optimized the problem that individual film sources cannot be played
    2. Optimized the problem of occasional flashback of individual film sources
    3. Optimized the slow start of the next song in the music player
    4. Optimized the problem that the ratio of individual film sources is wrong

Since v1.0.38
    System
    1. Optimized the problem that the position of individual PGS subtitles cannot be adjusted
    2. Optimized the problem that the PGS subtitles of individual sources were displayed incorrectly
    3. Optimized the problem that individual film sources cannot be played
    4. Optimized the problem that the audio and video of individual film sources are out of sync
    5. Optimized the problem that individual film sources cannot be played to the end
    6. Optimized the problem of some power amplifiers, no sound after fast forward
    7. Optimized the problem that when the HDMI audio is set to automatic, the occasional individual audio output is incorrect
    8. Optimized the problem that the real-time bit rate of individual film sources was displayed incorrectly
    9. Optimized the problem that the external hardware will automatically generate the Android directory
    10. Optimized the problem that the wired network indicator light was incorrectly displayed
    11. Optimized the problem of incorrect output when the HDR setting of individual TVs is set to automatic
    12. Optimized the problem that the ratio of individual left and right 3D movies is displayed incorrectly
    13. Optimized the problem that DVD movies cannot display the current duration
    14. Optimized the function of Alibaba Cloud to play large files

Home Theater
    1. Optimized the problem that occasional collections cannot be dissolved
    2. Optimized the problem that occasionally the video cannot be added to the collection
    3. Optimized the problem of afterimages on the interface after exiting the local trailer playback
    4. Optimized the details interface display
    5. Optimized the function of matching videos by ID
    6. Optimized the problem of occasional interface freeze
    7. Optimized the data refresh function

Music Player
    1. Optimized the problem that occasional individual music cannot be played
    2. Optimized the music scanning function
    3. Optimized multi-channel music playback
    2. Optimized the function of Alibaba Cloud to play large files

Since v1.0.22
    System
    1. Optimized the problem that the system occasionally cannot be restored to the factory
    2. Optimized the problem that individual infrared shortcut keys do not work
    3. Optimized the problem that the external hard disk cannot be formatted into NTFS
    4. Optimized the problem that the display resolution of individual TVs was incorrect
    5. Optimized the problem that there is no sound output when the AV output is not connected to the video cable
    6. Add HDMI audio forced source code output function
    7. Optimize the front panel display
    8. Optimize Dolby Vision video playback
    9. Optimize system stability

Quick Settings
    1. Optimize the problem that the WIFI list cannot be refreshed occasionally
    2. Optimize source code output settings
    3. Optimize audio degradation settings
    4. Optimize the problem of occasional setting resolution flashback
    5. Optimize CEC settings
    6. Optimize application stability

Video Player
    1. Optimized the problem that the frame rate of individual videos was incorrect
    2. Optimized the problem that individual videos cannot be played
    3. Optimized the occasional problem that the current output information is displayed incorrectly

Boot Wizard
    1. Optimized the source code output settings
    2. Optimized the problem that individual settings were not saved

2. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

3. xskip

xskip Active Member

tested MP:
    all is fine on z9x.

on Pro:
    iso multichnl: NO. (stereo OK)
    waw DTS multi: No DTS, only multshnl.

4. Szw

Szw Member

what about the _G version (with Google Play Store) ?

blenky likes this.
  5. Dan

Dan Member

Thanks, SMB still not working :(

Alan Bates and Bill-Z9X like this.
  6. Nissel

Nissel Member

Thanks, what's the best way to report bugs?

7. Markswift2003

Here

retsetone likes this.
  8. Nissel

Nissel Member

Problems so far:

Home Cinema

• Chapter selection on MKVs displays the incorrect chapter when skipping. Seems the show the chapter you were on prior to skipping instead of the new chapter.
    System
    • Using VS10 output DV is outputting TV led DV, even though I have prefer player led set in the DV preferences.

9. Markswift2003

Chapter issue confirmed.

VS10 logic is by design, although arguably the nomenclature is somewhat misleading.

If the display supports Player Led and TV Led, you can select which one is used for DV content when HDR is set to Auto.

However, when selecting a discrete VS10 mode, if you select VS10 DV output, TV Led will always be used. If Player Led is also available you can select it by choosing LLDV from the HDR menu. If only Player Led is available the VS10 DV option is not, and only LLDV is shown.

TV & Player Led display
    upload_2023-7-21_15-46-14.png

Player Led only display
    upload_2023-7-21_15-50-11.png

Nissel and xskip like this.
  10. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

something very strange happened to me with this firmware. I have a samsung tv that does not support dts passthrough. So I selected "auto" in the audio settings to play dts as lpcm.
    Now with this firmware, all films that have a dts soundtrack are stuck. if I select "raw" in the settings, they run normally. But of course without sound.
    Then the player hung up completely, I disconnected it from the power supply and started it up again. Since then everything has been normal again, dts films no longer get stuck and are played back with lpcm.

Before this 1.0.52 firmware, I had installed the 1.0.51 Alpha firmware from the mcbluna website. With this firmware the same error occurred twice.
    I hope that doesn't happen again

11. Markswift2003

It's been said many times, but don't install anything unofficial - ie unless posted by me, Mirror or available OTA. Everything else will be internal betas and these often contain regressions while fixes are confirmed as working or not. Sometimes these regressions can be very detrimental.

As for the oddities, these new boxes seem to like to be rebooted when big changes are made - I've noticed it messing with EDIDs and suchlike, and to be fair, although I rarely do it myself, it's good practice to hard reboot after an upgrade.

12. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Already mentioned but is there a G version yet?

13. Markswift2003

Should be, but as I say it's a progressive rollout - I have one box that updated, one that hasn't so far...

14. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

15. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Thanks, no worries as not having any real issues.

16. Markswift2003

@McBluna just posted the links off the OTA server in the second post if you don't want to wait.

blenky likes this.
  17. darky_zidoo

darky_zidoo Active Member

Happy with this firmware for movies.

For music i found that it stutters in Sacd (dst 64) and only plays stereo.

The sacd with only stereo..seem to play well.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2023
    xskip likes this.
  18. Caryuan

Caryuan New Member

With 1.0.52G,Emby still can't output Truehd audio track,so sad.

19. geebolt

geebolt Member

Multichannel FLAC files are now playing properly for me but multichannel DSD still play in stereo.
    SMB still not showing anything other than the Recycle folder.

20. David Hiles

David Hiles New Member

Some VC1 encoded full Blu-Ray rips still stutter on certain scenes when using the play main feature button. Playback is fine if played via play full disc option or if remuxed. Some movies such as Interview with the Vampire (VC1) play fine upscaled to 4k but stutter if output at 1080p via play main feature button.