Beta version v1.0.52 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jul 21, 2023.

1. geebolt

geebolt Member

The greatest invention since CEC.

dr4go, blenky and Markswift2003 like this.
  2. techos

techos Member

Got ya. I don't have those issue (no amp, maybe thats why?) so I've not connected one of these. Have applied the EDID like mark said, so will see if that helps.

3. WRBreland

WRBreland Member

Is it safe to assume the UHD5000 is still using the NEC1, Device 64, Sub Device 64 IR protocol for IR remote control?

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yep.

5. Zombie10k

Zombie10k New Member

mark hi, do you know if the cropped DV and the 3D playback issue is on their to-do list?

forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/cropped-dolby-vision-with-grey-bars.96106/#post-195528

I put mine back in the box for now and using the original Z9X until these are resolved, thanks for your help

6. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Sorry - I misread your initial post!

7. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

The black screen when switching hdmis occasionally ,is common to both Z9X Z9x Pro ranges

I get it on both model ranges with my Denon amp
    Ie
    Ive ive been watching say youtube on tv ,with Zidoo powered on ,then swap to the Zidoo ,OCCASIONALLY itll be just a black screen

Its just an HDMI issue ,usually swapping back to another HDMI source ,then back to Zidoo will clear it

Also hitting Resolution on remote a few times can clear it , issue is from what i remember when it was discussed yrs back on Z9x ,is that the hdmi swap triggers a non supported resolution output ,hence the black screen
    hitting resolution a couple times will step through to a workable one

Im pretty sure i still see this with the forced custom EDID we set to find the EDID bug which is waiting for a fix atm

8. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Hi, the problem is the Denon, I have the same problem with other devices through my 3800H, the Denon I had before this was just the same.

9. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

mines the 3700h
    Was mostly letting the initial poster know its a common hdmi switching issue and can be fixed usually without the full zidoo reset ,by either source switching on the denon ,ie for me i just go back to tv audio ( where i came from ) and back t media player hdmi .that resynchs the HDMI usually to correct edid/resolution or , by hitting resolution on zidoo remote a couple times with a pause between pushes

sandyj likes this.
  10. sandyj

sandyj Member

11. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

No, I misread the original post!

12. Markswift2003

I've heard very little from the devs in the past few months, and I don't know anything about the 3D issue as I've never used it so can't test, but the cropped DV issue is definitely on their radar - should be an easy fix as the same thing happened with the 1619DR and was sorted.

But the silence is deafening at the moment...

vddan likes this.
  13. Markswift2003

What's the 3D issue?

I just loaded a 3D EDID into my Vertex and played a 3D frame packed test file - my screen blanked because it doesn't support 3D, but the Vertex reported 3D correctly.

(If I play without a 3D EDID, it just plays in 2D as expected)

upload_2023-10-22_12-26-15.png

14. xskip

xskip Active Member

dr4go likes this.
  15. Markswift2003

Last edited: Oct 22, 2023
    xskip likes this.
  16. jvmirador

jvmirador New Member

Zidoo UHD500 issues

I have a ZX9 for a while and I bought recently the UHD5000, 1.0.52

Projector JVC NZ8, and preamp JBL SDP058. The complete system is HDMI 2.1

All the issues I report here are only in the UHD5000.

1. The UHD5000 doesn’t send the HDR+ profile A or Profile B to the projector.
    The ZX9 sends the HDR+ profile with no problems in all HDR+ movies.
    Movies tested: Alita, 1947, Godzilla vs Kong, X-men dark phoenix and many others,

2. The UHD5000 switch to 1080p most of the time, even when the resolution is lock
    and yes I have all the setting properly set up, no issues at all on this with the ZX9.
    There are few people in the forums posting same problem, and others are telling them to setting properly.
    this is not a setting issue, we know very well how to do it, it is bug in the news Zidoo, and maybe is related when you have the full chain in HDMI 2.1
    ZX9, no issues same movie and files.

3. The UHD5000 switches to 1080p, and many times even reboot by itself. it makes almost impossible to use,
    even reboot, power on and off, start in 3840 x 2160 but start playing the movie and switch by itself to 1080p and many time reboot and stay off.
    if you go to the phone android app, if you select few times different 3840 x 2160 resolutions sometimes you get back the picture to 3840 x 2160 23.

4. The UHD5000 sometimes send 3840 x 2160 SDR instead of HDR
    Never this issue with ZX9.
    You need to re boot the UHD5000 to make it work.

5. UHD500 play *.m4a Atmos files 48KHz, 6 Ch 32 bit, through the HDMI 1 out but not Dig. Out

6. UHD5000 doesn’t detect MQA files
    MQA Tidal connect doesn't detect MQA streams neither files.

7. UHD5000 plays audio file FLAC or m4a always at 48 KHz, even when the audio file are 192 kHz or other high resolutions, when you play the file directly or through Tidal connect.

upload_2023-10-22_10-4-47.png

dropzone7 and dflaer like this.
  17. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

This happens on Z9X Pro too ,even if you force a custom EDID with your prefered settings

Mark has been able to replicate this once i pointed it out and is on the list of things for fix

I seem to only get it if i rush things on remote
    ie i finish an episode in a tv series and back back to exit it then back back a few more times , fast ,to get out of the season and the show folders , back to main drive folder
    It rarely happens now i know, and go slower on the remote

Correct me if im remembering wrong , , Digital outs dont support atmos ,ie spidf

Does optical out support Atmos?

Dolby Atmos content is not delivered through optical connections or through wireless connections of Bluetooth, AirPlay, or Chromecast. Most video streaming services that offer Dolby Atmos content use the Dolby Digital Plus codec. Physical media, like Blu-ray discs, typically use the Dolby TrueHD codec.

18. sandyj

sandyj Member

Oh that's a a shame he did some great work on backgrounds, logos etc he will be missed.

19. 9800pro

9800pro New Member

Optical or SPDIF don't support Atmos.

20. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

That certainly sounds like 3D should be outputting properly on this new Pro series... but FWIW, I have definitely observed several posts from buyers of the new Z9X Pro, complaining that 3D is indeed broken?... and they have simply been assuming that it would be fixed in an upcoming firmware... It is one of the reasons, that I have held off from purchasing one myself.