Alpha version v6.3.96 for Z9X release.

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 12, 2022.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I've said it before and I'll say it again - we really need a decent rolling eyes emoji.

dr4go, xskip, Glorioso and 1 other person like this.
  2. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

Currently I'm watching the TV Show "Reacher" and while it shows playback progress on trakt, it doesn't sync the watched status.
    I playing Episodes on the Zidoo until the end credits (94% progress) and then skipping to the next Episode. Zidoo currently marks them as watched inside HT.
    Even manually syncing the progress on the Zidoo trakt, doesn't show it as watched.

vddan likes this.
  3. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Hi CEC function does not turn off with this firmware so in my opinion it’s doesn’t work.
    I have CEC switched off in Zidoo (toggled on and off to make sure).
    If I tune LG to Zidoo HDMI port the Zidoo turns on, it shouldn’t with CEC switched off.
    Lindy adaptor is going back on.

4. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

5. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Yesterday FW v6.6.96 was pushed to my Neo X too. Removed the HDMI-CEC blocker on that one.
    The Neo S got it too. This with ROON readiness now.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2022
  6. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Are we close to a beta release for this version?

vddan and xskip like this.
  7. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Definitely we hope to get a new beta release by next week!!

Last edited: Apr 23, 2022
  8. martolk

martolk New Member

I'm not sure this it the right place to report it, but I will. I found that some of my UHD TrueHD demos are not playing correct. They start playing, but stutters terrible (like missing codec). Two of them are "dolby-chameleon-lossless-uhd-" and "dolby-escape-lossless-uhd-" from demolandia. Those two are playable with native Sony TV player just great except the TrueHD audio, which is not compatible with the TV. Both are .m2ts. I tried Kodi, but was same situation. Did someone test those demos? Do you have same experience with it?

9. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I get same stutter (I'm on latest beta not alpha) on both of these demos. Then again these are demos. I don't have any issues with the other videos I have.

martolk likes this.
  10. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

I noticed for TV shows regardless of whether I’ve watched one episode or all of them Trakt is marking them all as watched in my library.

vddan likes this.
  11. martolk

martolk New Member

I don't face any issues with TV shows and movies too. I just wondering why is that.

12. Hippoponderous

Hippoponderous Active Member

Am I the only one still experiencing HT crashes & restarts?
    While it has improved a little over the last few firmware updates, I still experience regular random crashes when opening (not playing) movies & TV during library scans. I've also noticed that HT crashes if I open/close/open files too quickly, especially TV seasons.

13. vddan

vddan Active Member

Can Zidoo boxes send an awakening signal to the local network when accessing SMB servers as Kodi boxes do?
    This would save time on latency!

14. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

How should WOL save time on SMB latency?

15. vddan

vddan Active Member

If the disks were awake regularly, access would be much faster to files!

16. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

I had the same problem with HT. Spent a lot of time fixing it. I tried different firmware (66,75,88,90,92), but without success. After installing third-party players or KODI or other similar programs, HT began to crash, reboot, and become essentially unusable.
    Now I understand what the problem is. If earlier I deleted third-party players, which does not suit me, now I just installed the firmware version WITHOUT Google services (without G).
    Version 90 works flawlessly now.
    I understand that it’s bad without Google services, and now my programs bought there cannot be used, for example, UAPP with MQA, but nevertheless, HT works stably.

17. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

This is because it's a standalone m2ts which should be part of a BDMV structure/ISO and not treated as a standalone video file.

If you really feel the need to watch a chameleon walking across a branch breathing fire, you can remux to a Dual Track/Dual Layer MKV with MKVToolnix and then put the resultant file through MakeMKV to mux it into a Single Track Dual Layer.

This will discard the enhancement layer (the video contains a FEL) but will apply the RPU to the base layer which is fine because the Zidoo doesn't use the video element of the enhancement layer.

Another approach which will needlessly retain the enhancement layer is to create an ISO with TSMuxer from the file and a more elegant approach is to then mux that ISO back to a DV MKV with MakeMKV.

Always many ways to skin a cat...

martolk likes this.
  18. Hippoponderous

Hippoponderous Active Member

Interesting.
    I've only ever used the non-G firmare, but I have installed/uninstalled ZDMC & a few different versions of Kodi over the few months I've had my Z9X. I'll try uninstalling any non-stock apps & leaving things as-is after the next update & see how it performs.
    Thanks for the feedback.

Edit:
    With no 3rd party apps installed, HT crashed 3 consecutive times this morning when I tried opening (not playing) a movie from the home screen during a library scan.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2022
  19. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

You MUST flash the full firmware version 0.22.
    Just a factory reset or firmware update will NOT help. The problem will remain.
    Fully flash 22 firmware (WITHOUT G) and install any version of the firmware WITHOUT Google services.
    Today I have 90 versions of the firmware working almost perfectly.

p.s.
    Yes, most importantly, on the firmware version without G, I have no problems with third-party players and applications.
    Now installed mx player, kodi, lazy, various music players for usb dac. Everything is OK, no problems with HT now.
    The only negative is the inability to install previously purchased players from the market.
    Without the MQA, it's sad now.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2022
  20. Trakt update -
    I'm not seeing any evidence that shows I watch on the Z9X are being updated on Trakt.
    For example, I've been watching "Moon Knight" on the Z9X, but no other devices are picking up that I've watched any episodes.