Alpha version v6.3.96 for Z9X release.

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 12, 2022.

1. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

HDMI-CEC seems to work better but need time to workaround. Waiting the beta _G version

Glorioso likes this.
  2. Glorioso

Glorioso Member

Same here

3. Hippoponderous

Hippoponderous Active Member

Ditto.
    Trakt is a great addition. Thanks, Dev's.:):)

4. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Will resolve the IMDB and Rottentomatoes issue.

5. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Checking...

6. mytich

mytich Member

@mirror

Hello, Can we get back tv show IMDB rating for individual episodes please?

Best regards.

7. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

so after a day of testing i can say cec works perfectly with my equipment. Everything can be controlled with the tv and the zidoo Bluetooth remote control and the most important thing, after 24 hours and after watching 2 films, there was not a single communication error between the tv and the receiver. And all this without the previously required cec blocker.
    I hope it stays that way in the future.
    I can't say anything about Trakt, I don't use such gimmicks

AngryVirginian likes this.
  8. Trakt!!? Ayeeeeee!!!! I just moved to a new place so it will be a while before I get my living room unboxed, but Im very excited for this and thank you for listening to the suggestions on getting support for this!!!

9. Arch30n

Arch30n New Member

No solution for second HDMI Audio cuts ?
    Can you fix the sound cut off issue on all HDMI ports when USB audio is enabled ?
    Thanks

10. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

Trakt isn’t really a “gimmick”, it’s pretty essential if you have a large media library. It’s a way of keeping an online backup of your media’s watched status which you can sync to multiple devices. It’s also great if you ever decide to rescrape your library (for whatever reason) and you just sync back up with Trakt for your media’s “watched” status.

Trakt added a pay tier recently, I’m a little concerned they will start charging for all services.

dwalme and Purple like this.

11. People really say the dumbest things about stuff they aren't interested in. :rolleyes:

darkeyes909, dwalme and Purple like this.
  12. Arch30n

Arch30n New Member

I quite disagree, before adding a lot of unfinished features, i'd prefer want to see developers fixing bugs that exists for a long time...

13. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

You and @Letmein are alone on this...... Trakt is spectacular for people that like to enjoy and keep track of their library to the fullest extent... I could say the same thing about cec cause I don't use it, but then I would just sound like a clueless idiot..... lol! ;)

Purple likes this.
  14. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

Will Trakt allow you to sync libraries on multiple zidoo boxes such as mysql or emby does for Kodi?

15. dwalme

dwalme New Member

I've only recently started using Trakt but it only syncs watched progress and watched state between devices. You still maintain separate libraries across your different devices.

16. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

Such as? Because I consider myself an andvanced user (movie content, I don't use it as a music player, so I don't know if that's an issue) and I really don't have a problem with movies: SDR, HDR, DV, HDR10+, HLG, Full HD, 4K, 23,976 / 24 / 25 / 50/ 60fps and also audio side all perfect in bitstream... everything is played as it should and very correctly. Actually, I consider the Zidoo Z9X one of the best video players on the market and, probably, the best media-player... I have Oppo 203, Panasonic 802, Nvidia Shield TV Pro, Xbox One S, Apple TV 4K, Fire Stick TV 4K Max, so I know what I'm talking about and was able to compare.
    Maybe there are some bugs I wasn't able to encounter because I really just use it for movies (with HT App scraping) and TV Series (directly from the Media Player), but I really don't agree with you calling it "shitty player", because it is really not!

Last edited: Apr 14, 2022
  17. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

Never had such problems (apart from the audio delay, but I don't consider it a serious issue... I really can live with it)... so I think you have a faulty device or really serious problems with your network settings ;)

darkeyes909 likes this.
  18. darkeyes909

darkeyes909 Active Member

Point is, (not all) but most of the issues you are having do not seem to be reported by other users. If you are the only one having an issue, well, that must be looked at as a factor.

TifKag and AngryVirginian like this.
  19. Black-Angel28

Black-Angel28 Member

I also found many problems and bugs, especially in HT. Apart from the administrator Markswift, who helped me a lot with a trailer problem, there is no reaction or comment at all because of the other bugs I identified and posted in the "Beta version v6.3.92" thread. Too bad...

20. Normancook

Normancook New Member

Hello everyone. Thanks to the zidoo team for this latest firmware which gives a great improvement for the cec function.
    But I still have a problem (since the old versions).
    My Panasonic tv is connected in hdmi (with arc) on my Arcam amp.
    My Zidoo Z9x is connected to an Hdmi input of my amp. CEC is enabled.
    When the devices are on standby, if I turn on the TV, the amp and the zidoo turn on, everything is ok. But my tv does not switch the sound on the amp.
    The only solution I have found is to turn off the power using the Zidoo switch before turning on the tv and the amplifier.
    By plugging the non-cec Lindy adapter into the zidoo I don't have this problem.
    I also have no problem with the Apple TV which is also plugged into the amplifier.
    Does anyone have the same problem? Thank you.