1.2.40_BETA/1.2.70_BETA for DMP-A6/DMP-A8 release

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by mirror, Dec 29, 2023.

1. AudioNerd

AudioNerd New Member

Definitely not considering Amazon Music. A variety of reasons for that. The library is not “far bigger” and not super interested in a streaming service that is an afterthought. Considering the size and market cap of Amazon there’s no excuse for them to have the worst software.

that’s neither here nor there, I’m so far leaning toward going with Qobuz. I’m still running into too much MQA on Tidal and I’m not really into paying for lossy music and shady marketing.

I’ll give it the month and see if I change my mind.

Nutul likes this.
  2. supermood

supermood Active Member

i want to report some bugs still not fixed in the 40
    i'm using basically a tablet with keyboard and mouse on a table so the inconsistency between normal and cast mode makes the app hard to use.

1. landscape mode for normal app mode needed = unusable
    3. no jump to artist / album or add to favs in tidal with internal player and cast mode = makes it necessary to leave cast mode = unusable see point 1
    4. leaving cast mode and entering again brings wrong title information / cover in the player in tidal (not refreshing with new song, freeze)
    5. flickering bottom line with rainbow colours in cast mode on samsung galaxy tab s9 ultra

Last edited: Jan 18, 2024
    Grg72 likes this.
  3. Desmodromic

Desmodromic Member

This is a bug, and it has been there for quite a while, not just in the recent Alpha/Beta versions. Try going into 'Music' on the units screen, or in cast mode [not in the app].

Then select 'settings' which is the cogged wheel on the upper right of the screen, then select 'Scan' from the left side of the screen and switch off 'Automatic updating sources'

This worked for me (you might also need to reboot)

HTH

Alan Rutlidge and SausageDog like this.
  4. supermood

supermood Active Member

thanks! I remember now! I will delete it here it's a bug you're right.

the general idea is they fix it. I need auto scan. but I don't need auto scan every 3 seconds ;)

SausageDog likes this.
  5. Houdini

Houdini Member

@mirror is there a beta with that fix available yet? thanks

6. supermood

supermood Active Member

pressing back still brings me to -1 instead of starting the current one from the beginning. that's def a bug

Jone1973 likes this.
  7. Jone1973

Jone1973 Member

I'm glad you mention this as I mentioned this several times before. Unfortunately, I start giving up hope for nothing has happened yet and no reaction regarding this from zidoo'S side up to now. Seems to me they don't intend to fix this.

8. supermood

supermood Active Member

I'm occasionally writing something (this one here at least 2 times) but I've def absolutely no hope at all.

there's not even any information if ziddo at all is represented in the forum and if by whom.

if you have nothing to do (like me after a sport accident) you can check my latest 5 posts about this forum and zidoo and how they are having here a beta test force without asking them in advance and without giving them any Information or committment about reported things on the z9x pro site - I've also an media player...

9. Houdini

Houdini Member

Yes, feeling is same here, it's such an unusual sticking point, if it's something they prefer, even tho I find it to have been a western standard for most of devices I ever used, why not give an option to have it one way or the other, should be simple right? Back restarts the song, double back goes to previous track.

PLEASE!

10. supermood

supermood Active Member

that's not the point. they are not preferring this nobody can honestly prefer this behavior. having a flickering on the tablet screen or an app that doesn't work in landscape mode while in casting mode it only works in landscape is also not preferred behavior

11. Houdini

Houdini Member

I don't have these issues, I'm hardwired in my network and there is no flickering or lines or anything like that. The app is not perfect, especially on MacOS, it feels constrained to a small window (full screen or not) but it's not something it gets to be an annoyance as going to clickapalooza to get to the track you want.

Did you try connecting it directly to your router, switch or whatever?

12. supermood

supermood Active Member

sure reconnecting is not the thing. also ethernet cat 7 all plus best mesh for home use available I think
    on a Samsung s9 ultra the app wasn't starting at all some weeks ago. maybe the screen is just a bit to large for the app
    I have two of these tablets both same problem. I have smaller one s7+ I think without these flickering lines.

but that is not so tragic. the not landscape mode drives me crazy. hearing via internal player on tidal you want to mark a fav or go to artist you have to leave cast mode.

then having the app with a tablet and keyboard on a table is super fun in landscape. the app is unusable you open your phone instead..

13. Houdini

Houdini Member

So you did not try to have the A6 ethernet connected to your network?

14. supermood

supermood Active Member

?? a6 ethernet cable of course to my network! not understanding your point

15. Houdini

Houdini Member

it wasn't a point but a question, when I originally got the A6 my first interaction was via WiFi connection and cast displayed green lines and flickering at the bottom of the app. Since I connected it directly to my network and I have not had these problems, the display problems I am referring to.

16. supermood

supermood Active Member

I was reading it as you think I'm having it not connected at all to my network maybe even only to internet ;)
    wifi was not turned on a second never use wifi here besides mobile and tablet

17. Houdini

Houdini Member

No we are on the same page now, it's weird I don't have those problems with my iPhone, iPad or Mac OS app. I have to say cast mode is not my favorite... but interacting directly with Qobuz, radio paradise is a good experience via the apps. If it wasn't I would have gotten rid of the A6 already.

The Mac OS app has been crashing more, but only in this beta generally it's pretty stable

18. Jone1973

Jone1973 Member

I think the flickering of the app on the lower edge of the diplay has nothing to do how the A6 is connected to the network. I experienced this everytime I updated the app on my Samsung S7FE, but after a short time it always disappeared. So no permanent problem on my tablet, but always there directly after app update.

At least the landscape mode is something we know they are working on. So be patient regarding this.

19. supermood

supermood Active Member

yeah cast doesn't work for some activities as said.
    but it's landscape!
    you obviously have not standing your tablet on a table with keyboard or are the apple apps working in landscape? that's why I'm using cast mode. anyway this whole forum is pointless for me as long as Noone from zidoo says

1. thank you for you help in making us work / better
    2. bug understood
    3. bug confirmed / reproduced
    4. working on it. will be included in update abc

good night happy Friday

20. supermood

supermood Active Member

not for me app was not opening at all on s8 ultra and s9 ultra now it's opening but flickering

how do you they are working on it?