1.2.40_BETA/1.2.70_BETA for DMP-A6/DMP-A8 release

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by mirror, Dec 29, 2023.

1. Nickkr63

Nickkr63 New Member

Scroll down on the streaming apps and you will find the LMS icon. My 6A is connected via Ethernet. It hooks up no problem. I use ‘Squeeze Pad’ to control the LMS.

fahzz likes this.
  2. Hannibal_

Hannibal_ Member

Small question, is there a new app (for IOS) available somehow?
    To take advantage of the “play next” functionality, for instance, from the app?

ow… works now?
    Is that updated on the fly?

initially the options were not there, now they are.
    Without updating apps

cool

Last edited: Jan 14, 2024
    MaSi likes this.
  3. Houdini

Houdini Member

Great, looking forward to that fix.

4. Libattery

Libattery New Member

It's solved. There must have been a problem because the Apple Music app I was using was a beta version. When I updated the Apple Music app, it sounded normal.

---

I feel that the sound played on Apple music app and the sound played on airplay sounds different.

Strangely, the airplay playback sounds better to me. The soundstage is a little bit wider and feels a little more transparent. I've heard Taylor Swift's Lavender Haze and Anti-Hero, Fourplay's December Dream many times.

In previous versions, I didn't really feel the difference between app and airplay. I hope you check out the play process of apple music app in this version(1.2.40 beta).

Last edited: Jan 15, 2024
  5. Steftix

Steftix New Member

Hello Team
    Sice the new beta (1.2.40) I`ve almost lost the sound (very thin trace of) (only) out of the USB-DAC to the Active speakers
    Optical works , also the XLR connection th the headphone amp works fine
    Any clue?

6. Steftix

Steftix New Member

Never mind Gang, cabling issues at my end...
    Really liking the new beta the new EQ feature takes the A6 to a all new level and brigs up the ESS chops (it should have been there from the beginning!)
    Congrats team really deserving BIG slap in the back
    It feels like a another unit all together.. can`t stop grinning !
    THANKS!

Last edited: Jan 16, 2024
    Nutul and Peter Wallop like this.
  7. SausageDog

SausageDog Member

Could you please elaborate on this from your direct experience? I'm interest in how the new firmware features can better the A6 performance l, especially at sonic level (still on regular firmware myself).

8. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

It cannot better the A6's performance; it rather mitigates the negative effects the room has on the sound qualities (standing waves / high reverberation / etc.) by allowing you to use the EQ.

RolandG and Robert Crawford like this.
  9. timm

timm Member

Sorry. I missed whether this is going to go out of beta. Something said seemed to indicate it would stay as beta ? Is that correct ?

10. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

no.
    Think of it, more or less, this way: alfas sooner or later become betas, and betas sooner or later become stable release.

timm likes this.
  11. supermood

supermood Active Member

no we have a device!! unbelievable good update! happy!! tidal rocks now! equalizer rocks! Playlist rocks! THANKS!!!

Just, next time pls ota!! or send emails to participants of a dedicated forum site we can sign up? I really don't want to check here for the next years...

12. supermood

supermood Active Member

2 things, not important, would just be nice I guess

in cast mode the volume settings should be hidden with fixed volume. doesn't make sense to show there?

ending cast mode doesn't need the white android pop up box are you sure. ugly and without sense. the x is very small already..

SausageDog and Nutul like this.
  13. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

IMO if the volume is fixed / bypassed sometimes it's useful to still see volume controls, although disabled...

14. AudioNerd

AudioNerd New Member

Full releases are ota, betas aren’t.

15. supermood

supermood Active Member

so you don't forget your setting? ;) I think it's not very nice but it's not important. all good

Attached Files:

16. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

It's just for consistency. The volume control IS an opportunity, and having its controls disabled makes sense. If you were in a situation where no volume control was available at all, having no display of them would immediately tell the whole story.

Of course you know your babies, so you should indeed know thatr your Eversolo is NOW on volume-bypass... but for consistency sake (and your wife not stabbing you because there is no volume control any more...) I'd prefer them visible AND disabled, be the case.

Cheers, Al.

AudioNerd likes this.
  17. supermood

supermood Active Member

I wrote don't show if disabled.
    or maybe a setting to chose. show or don't if disabled. I don't know was just a guess I thought a pretty one ;)

18. AudioNerd

AudioNerd New Member

I’ve been waiting for this to leave Beta for some time but I think I’ll have to take the plunge and install now. I’m trying Tidal for a month to compare with Qobuz as my other streaming service (whole family is on Apple Music ecosystem) as I prefer the non-cast implementation but don’t want to pay for another month of Tidal if I don’t prefer it to Qobuz after a month of using it. I need the update to test Tidal MAX Connect.
    Anyone else compare the two services? Is the Beta really safe and stable enough to install?

19. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

The beta is very solid, no problems with it at all.

Peter Wallop, octavius and AudioNerd like this.
  20. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

I assume you haven't brought Amazon into play... their catalog is far bigger than Qobuz or Tidal. Maybe not so well engineered app, but could be fixed in the future... question is: do you prefer practicity to chose from less, over (possibly) chaotic election in wilder vastness of catalog...?1?

Peter Wallop likes this.