Beta version v6.4(7).42 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X/NEO Alpha release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Oct 18, 2022.

1. thivame

thivame Active Member

so here is the test with an HLG extract with the zidoo on PANA OLED screen, I did not make the test directly on the PANA because you see already that my blacks are correct.
    Like you sorry for the picture, taken with daylight and with a phone

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. darkeyes909

darkeyes909 Active Member

you prove my point

3. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

cheers for reply maybe its to do with my model of Pana OLED ie z1000 series

i did just try the Z9X with different colour settings ie mines default 60hz and 12bit since TV can do them , since i saw your pic was 23hz yuv444 10 bit but none of those effected things

I also tried the Z9X direct to tv to bypass denon receiver and 2.1 hdmi dongle but still same washed out colour/grey blacks compared to same file direct via TV usb port

Guess ill just watch HLG in vs10 mode or direct to tv for the few English series that use it

cheers :)

4. Darrin

Darrin New Member

You are correct. My mistake. Forgot that Makemkv exports to file structure only then you need to create the ISO. Let me DM you

5. thivame

thivame Active Member

it's strange, in 12bits I have no problem either.
    My panasonic is an entry level model (the 55HZ980-E) I don't think this is due to your Pana model.
    On the Zidoo in HDR I am on auto.
    Maybe a problem of black or GAMMA setting on the HDMI port of your TV when HLG mode is on.

6. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

cant see any settings on the Panasonic related to HLG
    only ones for the HDMI are enhanced hdmi on or off

Only gamma setting on TV i could find was at 2.4 changing to 2.2 made no difference in the playback from Z9X lower quality compared to pana usb

Last edited: Feb 15, 2023
  7. thivame

thivame Active Member

I'm sorry but not being a professional, I can't help you more than that, hoping that someone more competent can help you...

8. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Common issue for lifted blacks is HDMI range in auto. Set Zidoo and the TV for limited only, no auto. My Epson projector was switching to full range on 10bit signal. Next check settings on your TV. Quite often TV will keep set of parameters based on HDMI port number or signal type like resolution, refresh rate or bit depth. Make sure it is the same when HDR and HLG.

Oldpainless likes this.
  9. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

[QUOTE="Common issue for lifted blacks is HDMI range in auto. Set Zidoo and the TV for limited only, no auto. [/QUOTE]

This! What he said.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2023
  10. damagedspline

damagedspline New Member

I have used this version for a while (_G build) on Z9X and there is a very annoying issue with 3D iso files. When I play them they work flawlessly for a few minutes and then start to jitter and pause/play/pause/play etc...
    The Zidoo is connected by a CAT6 to a 1G switch which is also connected to a NAS with CAT6/1G connection. In the network setting the Zidoo lists 1G connection, as does the NAS. I am using the HT application for playback.
    HDR10 & DV (VS10 for both) with Atmos work OK so its not the HDMI cables.

Any ideas? its so annoying.

Edit: wifi is off

Last edited: Feb 16, 2023
  11. Pateco

Pateco New Member

Hi Guys,
    Need help, Zidoo Z9X connected to Philips B95/10 Soundbar HDMI 1, Soundbar connected to HDMI 2 eARC on 55 OLED LG C2 only output 1080p???
    No Dolby Vision, No HDR??
    Thank you in advance

12. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

first move the hdmi going from zidoo to s/bar try it direct to tv and see if DV works then ie prove that hdmi cable is 4k/60 plus compliant since older hdmi cables will not have bandwidth for DV etc

if that part works then its settings in soundbar maybe or the other hdmi cable maybe

ie process of elimination

13. trafficlightslave

trafficlightslave New Member

4 months since last update of any kind from Zidoo, with how generally buggy the software is, without constant maintenance I am beginning to worry they are abandoning support for this hardware generation…

14. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

that
    or they had their chinese new year shut down followed by a huge Covid outbreak with reports of 60 -70 perc infected which really puts a hold on many things

the new chipsets havent gone into model productions as far as anyone can tell ie spec sheets for the new 8k/60 2 hdmi out etc chips are still only recent news so well prolly be lucky to see next model players for another year maybe

better to take as long as needed to NOT release a buggy f/w ,since for most ppl ,current one is just fine (unless your using HT with minor issues or even less with issues in blueray menus)

15. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

no issues whatsoever using Jellyfin Zidoo app and IPTV app with current firmware, but I would not mind any performance improvements if possible, but I guess much can't be done about it due to the slow A55 cores.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2023
  16. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

Chinese New Year was on 22th January, what about the three month before? I think they concentrate on Eversolo.

17. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

We don’t know if the current COVID variant has hit hard. Many businesses in Australia just can’t get enough staff.

“There are known knowns, things we know that we know; and there are known unknowns, things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns, things we do not know we don't know.

18. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

we know there was a beta for next f/w being tested on the chinese forum cos ppl were discussing it earlier in this thread
    then as above they were off 2 weeks chinese new year and came back to all the chinese covid restrictions lifted and suddenly chinas in new huge outbreak for last month or so

19. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

This firmware is a big boy now. :D

[​IMG]

20. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

They are not abandoning it.

Markswift2003 likes this.