Beta version v6.4(7).42 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X/NEO Alpha release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Oct 18, 2022.

1. Petga

Petga Member

I completely agree with you.
    For some time now I have been asking myself whether I am in good hands with Zidoo. My UHD3000 is stable, but I only use the basic functions, i.e. I play ISOs and nothing else. But in many cases I can't use BD menus and rewinding in the film often doesn't work either. And for me, these are elementary functions that are advertised by Zidoo and still don't work.
    No information comes from Zidoo, no announcements, no explanations, nothing!
    As a customer who has paid almost 1,000 euros for the media player, I don't feel taken seriously or respected.
    And 4 months to make a new beta available (and that too without any communication) is already a long time. Regardless of whether Covid or not.
    When I look at the competition, I see one beta after another. And there is also the improvement in the processing of BD menus.
    Nothing has come from Zidoo so far.

Letmein likes this.
  2. Yohmi

Yohmi Member

Oh I get it ! Because it was phrased as a question and used inaccurate labels I didn't see it as a walkthrough ! :p My bad.
    So, pressing menu on the big HT4 icon only manages the icon, I must enter the APPLICATIONS icon, inside there's Home Theatre 4.0 and that's where, by pressing menu, I can have it to start automatically. Great, thank you both ! :)
    It's not working with standby mode unfortunately (when waking up the Zidoo, it's back to the app launcher).

Sounds good, but I still use chapters sometimes ^^

3. thivame

thivame Active Member

It's strange, you must have a problem because since the beginning I'm in this configuration and when I get out of standby, it puts itself on the HT4 wall (after passing through the main page for one or two seconds).

By default the directional arrows "up" and "down" allow to change the chapters
    " page up" or "page down" to change episode and "up" or "down" arrow to change chapter

4. Yohmi

Yohmi Member

I use the arrows to change the subtitles height ^^

And yes there's probably a problem, it works randomly (but it's too new for me to know what causes this, the more I try, the fewer it fails). For now, the biggest issue with enabling HT4 by default is that from a fresh boot, the TV remote isn't recognised through CEC and I have to "provoke" the handshake through my TV's CEC manager tool, and doing so sends me back to the app launcher screen, which totally defies the purpose of the function.

5. thivame

thivame Active Member

you must have a problem because I don't have a problem with the CEC either...
    Maybe a factory repair could help you to find everything correctly... (after saving of course)
    (i've a z9x)

6. Yohmi

Yohmi Member

When it comes to CEC, you'll find many users having trouble with Zidoo's CEC implementation (especially those with AV receivers). I suppose CEC requires fine tuning for each brand, and since my TV brand (Panasonic, their CEC is called VIERA Link) isn't as popular as Sony, Samsung, LG or TCL, that probably doesn't help. If someone reports having a seamless experience with a VIERA Link TV set then I'll investigate further, but for the moment, it's always been working like that with the Zidoo and it was also how Zappiti handled it back then.

7. thivame

thivame Active Member

here is my configuration:
    PANASONIC OLED TV
    AVR DENON
    ZIDOO Z9X
    I use the CEC to put the PANASONIC on the input of the AVR (and therefore of the ZIDOO) when the ZIDOO turns on or comes out of standby, control the volume of the AVR.
    and I have no problem

8. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

similar
    Pana oled
    Denon 3700H
    Z9X

i use Echo to turn it all on

ie Echo turn on living room

that turns on the Z9x ( CEC then turns on the TV and the Receiver)
    and the back overhead strip lights and 2 side strip lights
    Goveee strips on TV arent coming on cos i have them in a slave section on powerstrip atm so timings off but an easy sort

to Turn it all off its just Turn off TV
    and say Echo turn off Living room (has to be right after turning off TV otherwise it can turn the z9x back on which turns tv etc back on)

doing it like that i now never have issues with Z9X coming on at wrong time for the Reciever and thus throwing out the recievers HDMI

rozel likes this.
  9. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

on a side note
    Hows HLG tv series to you on your panasonic Oled

i find them very washed out blacks are grey and colours totally seem lacking ( thats compared to playing the same files direct to the Pana Oled ,where they then become nice deep blacks and full vibrant colours ,like DV epis thru the Zidoo
    ie just wanting some more confirmation that the issue is the pana playing HLG via HDMI thats the issue and not the Zidoos implementation of HLG , since others say its fine for them

10. thivame

thivame Active Member

my blacks are deep enough..through the HDMI

11. Darrin

Darrin New Member

Hi Petga,
    Sorry for the delay. Thats not been my experience at all. I have 200 iso's and I spent some time with most of them the past few days. All my UHD play via menu's and I have no issues with rewinding or forwarding. The issues I seem to have are with Arrow titles (Region B/Blurays) and I feel its more of a manufacturing/disc issue than with the UHD3000. I will also share that one backup that I have yet to get to work is the spears and munsil 4k calibration disc. Right now its my white whale LOL

I use Makemkv beta for the backup iso's and have an asus BW-16D1HT drive.
    Hope this helps.

12. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

heres showing what happens with HLG for me (bit rough since only using cellphone for pics and like 1/2 sec timeframe diff)
    First ones playing same file direct to pana oled via usb port on oled tv
    other one is same file via Z9X to OLED in /Auto to allow HLG to play

Huge difference in black levels and colours .....something i didnt really appreciate untill i tried the HLG file (His Dark Materials epi) direct to Pana inbuilt mediaplayer

Attached Files:

13. Yohmi

Yohmi Member

So you mean you use your Panasonic remote to control the Zidoo and as soon as the Zidoo boots up, your Panasonic remote is instantly controlling your Zidoo every time on the poster wall ?
    If that's the case, we're still having the AVR between which could be a "middleman", compared to my configuration with nothing between the Zidoo and the TV, but that's interesting nonetheless !

14. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

no
    My boot up is using Amazon Alexa(Echo scene i call Living Room) and a RM mini remote sender (sends a zidoo power on pulse)
    Basicclly its Starting Zidoo up ,which then CEC starts the TV which then CEC starts the denon and i use the Zidoo remote for all zidoo functions plus reciever volume
    The rest of the Alexa Living room scene then also starts wifi devices for Rear overhead LED strips and 2 front side led strips
    it will also start the Govee TV ledstrips once i get round to moving its PSU to a live power socket (currently a slave off TV which only turns on once tv is started)

15. thivame

thivame Active Member

Wouldn't it be a problem with the contrast setting or GAMA or something (like that) of the HDMI input?
    I don't have such a difference but I will try later to verify

No, I didn't mean that...
    Here is how I use it
    CEC allows the TV (and/or AVR) to automatically switch to the zidoo input. For me, this was the most important feature I expected from CEC (and it hasn't been fully operational in my house for that long)...
    Then the second function I use is the volume control of the TV (or AVR) with the zidoo remote control.

The rest I don't use

16. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

? same HDMI is used by the Z9X when it plays back DV HDR10 HDR10+ and VS10 all with correct colours
    Issue with HLG being badly washed out /blacks are murky greys is only when the Z9X plays the HLGs

playing the HLG file direct to Pana OLED just shows the TV can display HLG correctly and WAY WAY better then my Z9X does

If yours is playing back an HLG file with similar visuals when played back either on Z9X or Panasonic OLED direct then maybe some setting i have on is throwing out only the HLG playback (hhehe but only way i can find out is by asking someone with similar setup to test both methods :) )
    One thing i do have in between the Reciever and the TV is a Denon supplied device to utilize the HDMI 2.1 that was sold with the 3700H ,but as above ,nothing else is giving issues ,just the few HLG files ,which id always assumed were just poorly done mastering ,until i tried the direct playback and found they looked as good as any DV tv epis do

17. Yohmi

Yohmi Member

Oh ok that's a totally different use case, I never use the Zidoo controller ^^

18. thivame

thivame Active Member

I'll see what I have as an HLG file and I'll do the test in the morning

19. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

Sorry if you have tried/mentioned this, but have you tried connecting the Z9X directly to the TV and bypassing the Dennon and the 'Special Box'?

I just tried Frozen.Planet.II.S01E06 HLG and the picture was flawless/perfect with inky blacks etc.

20. Petga

Petga Member

Hi Darrin,
    thank you very much for your message and the information!
    That is very interesting what you report.
    I also use Makemkv (full version) for the backups.
    My drive is a LG BH16NS55.
    When I backup BD or UHD, Makemkv outputs them in Bdmv structure and I have to generate the ISO from the folders in Bdmv structure afterwards (I use ImgBurn for that).
    When ripping DVD's Makemkv creates ISO's automatically.
    I have not changed anything in the settings.
    I have often searched in the settings of Makemkv, how the program can directly generate ISO's for BD's and UHD, but so far found nothing.
    If it works for you, please write me how this works for you and what I have to set.
    I thank you already for the answer!

Greetings

Petga