Beta version v6.4(7).42 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X/NEO Alpha release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Oct 18, 2022.

1. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

Ah, so you trying to play an extracted DTSHD MA track in audio player if I understand you correctly?

2. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

Thank you for your reply.

I watched those movies multiple times before. So if it was a bad rip, then I had the same problem earlier.
    I don't think there will be coming a new firmware update so I go back to an earlier firmware.

3. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

Edit: same issue if you use switch video for the page key setting (to go to the next episode), no matter the play mode used this time, still with 1080p locked for the resolution.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2023
  4. thivame

thivame Active Member

I confirm that from the moment the zidoo is blocked on 1080p, when we watch the series tv 4k, the first episode is in 2160 but if we continue on the continuation by the page key it passes in 1080p.

5. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

It maybe related to your streaming level of Internet bandwidth. It happens to me sometimes in Prime Video and HBOMax.

6. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

The issue was found watching local content and easily reproducible, following the settings given by thivame on previous page (1080p 23Hz locked + switch frame rate and resolution). :)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2023
  7. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

it has been 4 months and nothing has been released. Not even a verbal update...... like I said they are too busy trying to make more money on new boxes, then fix what's already sold and not working up to normal standards.

thivame, cVVGLabs and JohnG like this.
  8. cVVGLabs

cVVGLabs Active Member

I completely agree with you.

JohnG likes this.
  9. thivame

thivame Active Member

yes exactly Temearoo, I only watch video locally...

I'm starting to think so too. I'm thinking that maybe I should have chosen a player with fewer features that are useless to me, but better accomplished than the zidoo (especially at the price I paid)
    As I've often mentioned, why bother making new features that not everyone uses, when some basic functions (for the video player or for HT4) are non-existent or don't work properly

JohnG and vddan like this.
  10. cVVGLabs

cVVGLabs Active Member

Especially the function that disables and enables the LAN port diode. Super is a very necessary function. I laughed for a very long time.

vddan likes this.
  11. thivame

thivame Active Member

12. Yohmi

Yohmi Member

That kind of message will totally make them want to work hard for you and bring them strength to keep going. You're talking about humans, you're talking to humans. Look at yourself.

Jimibxl and darkeyes909 like this.
  13. cVVGLabs

cVVGLabs Active Member

Yohmi -
    What did you mean by that? I have several media players, one of them is DUNE HD ULTRA 4K.
    So I don't have any problems with him. The blu-ray disc menu is working properly.
    Everything that is stated works properly. Software developers promptly respond to requests and correct identified bugs. The same cannot be said about the ZIDOO team . The menu is fully translated into all languages. You can roll back to any previous firmware without dancing with a tambourine.
    If everything suits you, then I'm happy for you. I am not satisfied with this attitude of the developer to the buyers of his products. This attitude does not make the name of the developer, but vice versa. For months, people have been writing requests and wishes to the developer, about localization of the translation, about the menu of the blues, etc. And instead of eliminating Important things, we make it possible to turn on and off the diode on the LAN port.

14. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

May i ask if the Dune 4K is working for you 100% without any issues at all why bother with the Zidoo ?

darkeyes909 likes this.
  15. Yohmi

Yohmi Member

I'm a former Zappiti user and it always worked terrible and updates were very rare and minimal. And they won multiple awards.
    You consider menus to be important, I don't give a damn about menus. And when I really need to access a resource in a menu (if I'm too lazy to get to the m2ts) so far after a few tries it worked. But I understand some people want to see their bonus features, and it'd be awesome if it was possible, although it doesn't seem that easy to make it work. Just like Dune isn't able to fix the black levels of DV content (which is a much more important issue for me as I prefer movies over disc menus), Zidoo has a hard time to get those menus working. It's not like implementing a well known library, it's a secret recipe.

I asked for several bug fixes and features here, nearly none were addressed. Yet, every update, and they were many, improved the overall experience, brought features and bug fixes which satisfies many people. Since that company doesn't evolve around my needs, and software coding isn't magic, with bug fixes and features sometimes being gigantic tasks to tackle with so little result (while some are probably very easy to implement. such as that LED status which seemed such an insulting improvement to you), I don't think I am in position to be that disregarding towards people's work. I don't know what's cooking. And I try to think about the people behind, what a reward to be treated like that for your work. If my customers, because they're unaware of what I'm doing really, of how hard some tasks can be but I can't show them, would be so unsupportive, unrewarding, unfriendly, well, I'd be totally demotivated, would work slowly and aimlessly. Being supportive produces much more results than being negative.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2023
  16. cVVGLabs

cVVGLabs Active Member

Of course you can.
    I paid for the product and I want to use it like any buyer, and not reinvent the wheel. Once again, DUNE fixes all the jambs in the software promptly. I'm not saying that ZIDOO sucks. But exactly as it is now, it is a raw product despite the fact that it has been out for a long time.

17. cVVGLabs

cVVGLabs Active Member

Are you satisfied with the translation of the menu into your native language?
    You don't care about the menu, I don't have any blues, especially since it is stated, but it has not yet been implemented. To begin with, fix everything that is stated, and then move on to all kinds of improvements. And I want to personally ask you what personally gives you the opportunity to turn on and off the diode on the back panel? What kind of improvement is this in those characteristics? Well, it's not funny anymore.

18. Petga

Petga Member

Basically, I am satisfied with my UHD3000. The device runs stably, there are no dropouts, it does not freeze, picture and sound are output excellently.
    I am not satisfied with the fact that, to date, menus from Blu-Ray ISOs are not played back in part and UHD ISOs almost without exception.
    This is particularly annoying with BDs with several episodes.
    Of course, you can select the episodes as chapters in the running (recognised) main film. But this should only be an emergency solution.
    As the name suggests, the UHD3000 is a "media player", so I expect all media to be played back in full (including all menus and extras, which is what Zidoo advertises ("Complete BD/BD3D/UHD Blu-ray menu playback").
    For me, these are the basic functions of a good (and expensive) media player.
    Poster Wall, Smart Music Library Roon, HomeTheater are all nice extras (which are, however, advertised by Zidoo and should therefore of course work) that will certainly please many users, but, in my opinion, do not belong to the basic functions of a media player. What bothers me most about Zidoo is the fact that there is no transparency whatsoever,if there are difficulties with the playback of menus or Covid has delayed the development, Zidoo can communicate this on its homepage and/or in this forum.But nothing happens and the users who have paid Zidoo (a lot of) money are left in the dark.So Zidoo does not need to complain when criticism arises, when there is no update for more than 4 months, or bugs are not fixed.2 or 3 sentences from Zidoo would have been enough to silence most of the criticism.By the way, rewinding in the film (ISO) usually doesn't work for me. It would be nice if Zidoo would take care of this too.

Jimibxl, thivame, JohnG and 1 other person like this.
  19. cVVGLabs

cVVGLabs Active Member

Petga - Straight to the point. I fully support you. The developer should not keep in the dark, but report what changes to expect in the next update and what problems already known to everyone will be fixed. And all those who write this is a difficult problem to fix, etc. - this is not an excuse. In the end, the developers do not give out their top products to everyone for free, but ask for a lot of money for it. So let him be kind enough to give feedback, and not be silent. Either the view of the new year, or something else. After all, is it a firm or a garage cooperative?

JohnG likes this.
  20. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

I read here that Zidoo is going for new players? Is anything already known about a new upcoming model?

Jimibxl likes this.