Beta version v6.4.40 for Z9X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Oct 13, 2022.

1. Sam Abraham

Sam Abraham New Member

The match resolution isn’t working. I manually changed the resolution to 1080p 24hz and the 3D isos are working great surprisingly through usb 2 drive. Bd menu isn’t working but main movie plays fine. Sacd isos output multi channel too.

Only thing that didn’t work for me is multichannel flac or mlp files which outputs as stereo pcm.

2. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

On the server side the developers see the following error:
    [ERROR] [PLAYER_ERROR] An error occurred during playback Bundle[{code=11, severity=ERROR}]
    com.google.android.exoplayer2.ExoPlaybackException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException

Since the player version is the same, I would expect the Zidoo with some internal notification ID=0 or similar, since the Zidoo FWs are the only delta in the setup......

Last edited: Oct 18, 2022
  3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

This one is the best:
    https://www.biaslighting.com/products/shadow-detail-patterns-with-bias-lighting-reference

I also made this one:

https://mega.nz/file/JDZQQQQb#WtiTesPN2udTeAjizAHG8_q1VJU9ESPbuu1nBJRoGBI

Remux your .ts file to MKV.

susanstone2021, Phil181 and domifer like this.
  4. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

I had exactly the same problem with Dune. Never with Zidoo, actually. The solution was to switch to LLDV LED because my TV does not support TV LED.
    You probably also have a Panasonic, as I can see from the OSD.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2022
  5. darky_zidoo

darky_zidoo Active Member

it seems you answered your own question already ;)
    Quality wise you migh go forward.

6. ccart

ccart New Member

I was in the same boat and upgraded yesterday. So far everything has been great, no issues (all I do is watch movies (DV, HRD10) on a standard setup (player into TV). I'd say go for it.

7. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

18TB limit could be a different issue all together. I have 10TB 7,200 RPM Seagate on SATA port and it is constantly staring and stopping with violent screeching sound. The drive does it only when connected to Zidoo. I'm assuming it's commanded to spin up and down all the time as it's trying to flush buffers and spin down to save energy. It settles down when playing movie. I think all hard drives connected directly to Zidoo players do that but slow green drives are just quiet.

8. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

That would be a FW failure. There is a user configurable timer option for HDD spin-down and that one should just work when idle.

B0RN likes this.
  9. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Thanks! that is worth trying but I've never done this before. Does it require me to empty out the drive first and then reduce the size or can it be done with stuff on there as long as there's empty space of .5 TB - bit of a risk reformatting as its full right now. Hope Zidoo gets back to you on this.

10. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

So, like you, I am strictly using the custom folder on the internal storage only in the hopes that it doesn't have to go back and forth on the external hard drive but that hasn't helped much. But at one I didn't so its worth checking if the HT folder is still hidden on there which I am happy to find and delete so good suggestion! I have two other 14tb drives connected on there and they have zero issues like they are not even connected. Worse Case after NiceMonkey's suggestion, I might just have to replace the 18TB with a 14TB.

Onwrathz likes this.
  11. Nice Monkey

Under windows it can be size reduced with data on it but data must be moved to create the empty space as a block at the end.
    If it is only half filled not a problem but an almost full HDD is unlikely to succeed.

Some weeks ago reduced a 512 GByte HDD to 480 Gbyte to enable next cloning to a SSD of that size. That worked just fine resulting in a seamless move to the new SSD.

B0RN likes this.
  12. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Sounds promising but also very risky as its a lot of data to loose in case something goes wrong... might do it the really hard way and empty it out safely first and then do it?

13. Nice Monkey

Safety first is a good principle. :p
    Having the choice I would go for backup and restore. ;)

B0RN likes this.
  14. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

With VS10 for SDR or HDR, the error occurs sporadically. As I said, our model does not support TV LED, you have to switch to Player LED. It used to work, apparently changes were made in the last FW, and Zidoo is trying to enforce TV LED, like Dune, but can't because TV doesn't support it.
    I have fixed the resolution to 4K@23 Hz, with 4K movies Zidoo doesn't have to scale down like you do. It scales up just as well as Panasonic. Or set Switch frame rate and resolution.

15. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Thanks Nice Monkey!

Apologies for going into other feature fixes but is it possible to turn off the Chapter display on the top left corner when changing chapters? Similar to the way Oppo does it, with no info. on screen, it looks weird, is unnecessary and takes me out of the viewing experience so to speak.

16. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I don't remember seeing configurable timer for spin-down. Where do I find this?

17. Nice Monkey

Setup => Other ==> HDD Sleep ==> Off /10 min / 30 min / 1 hour

18. Nice Monkey

Haha never use chapters myself. My own Oppo is hardly used anymore.

19. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

I believe even if you use the percentages method and skip that way, you still get the OSD. I'd love to turn all of that off and have no change notifications coming in from the device unless going through the menu itself. I love that about the OPPO which might start getting ignored now with the new update lol

20. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

OK, now it rings the bell. Obviously I would have it at 10 min. I'll doublecheck and report back when I get home.
    Starting and stopping of the drives connected to Zidoo is not controlled by this setting. Sometimes I can hear drive spinning down when it gets command to spin up again. It starts / stops all the time when in HT. It stops doing it when movie starts.