Beta version v6.4.40 for Z9X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Oct 13, 2022.

1. g1dtf

g1dtf New Member

Has anyone else tried this new .40 firmware on the Z10 Pro other than Sekology as to whether the black clip is improved.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

The Z10 firmware is fine and the black clip patch works - it was a display problem, but we’ve solved that now.

3. g1dtf

g1dtf New Member

Thanks I will update it later today and report back.

4. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

After checking the tv settings and making some adjustments

Panasonic z1000 OLED im getting
    DV i got 72
    HDR10 i got 74 in vs10
    SDR i got 64 in vs10

now im getting
    DV 68
    HDR10 68 in vs10
    SDR 64 in vs10

kovacsgergely83 likes this.
  5. Markswift2003

Excellent!

6. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

Is anyone using Smartube for Youtube? Is so, do you still have audio playback on this FW?

7. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

Yes, I use smarttube. Works great on this firmware. There are no problems with sound, everything is OK.

8. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

ok thanks. Not getting audio on my Pro, so maybe a setting changed - will continue to investigate.

Update: Ok, figured it out. Posting as it may help others.

I was on Smartube beta, and the audio was working on the previous F/W, but for whatever reason, there is no audio (on my pro anyway) with the new F/W. I installed the latest stable Smartube, and audio is back working fine.

Both stable and betas can be found on their github,

Last edited: Oct 16, 2022
  9. rere130

rere130 New Member

hello, I have the same tv as you. What settings did you use to get these results?
    For me the entire top line is not visible... My tv is not calibrated by a pro.
    I get this:

Attached Files:

10. ofir

ofir Member

11. g1dtf

g1dtf New Member

Did you turn up the brightness on the TV ?

Markswift2003 likes this.
  12. serg fedorov

I don't have picture in picture feature in this version of smarttube. This option is listed in the description. There is only audio in the background playback selection in settings.
    In fact, there is only sound, which is terribly inconvenient.

13. rere130

rere130 New Member

If I increase the brightness of the TV to +3, I see something up to 72, but then in real viewing conditions the blacks are too bright

[​IMG] [​IMG]

14. ofir

ofir Member

Enter the HQ located below on the left side
    You can set video and sound
    and the settings are saved

15. serg fedorov

Of course I use the settings.
    Perhaps the problem with the "picture in picture" function is due to the fact that I'm installing smarttube not on zidoo, but on a smart TV that runs on the Google TV operating system?
    Zidoo is running version 16.04. There are no problems with it, including the "picture in picture" function.

16. Markswift2003

That's fine - we're only testing the output source here, not the calibration of the TV.

All we're doing by turning the brightness up testing the source by negating the calibration of the TV - you should turn it back to where it was for normal viewing.

17. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

18. rere130

rere130 New Member

Okay thanks, so everything is fine with clipping black in my configuration ? 72 for Dolby Vision ?
    I had not checked under these conditions (+3 in brightness) with previous firmwares...

Yeah that's what I do :p but it's more simple in french for me ^^

19. Markswift2003

With previous firmware black hard clipped at 85 so that's what you would have seen if you'd have turned brightness up.

I can resolve to 68 now but I'm using a pattern that has individual quantisation levels (64, 65, 66, 67, 68 etc) rather than 2 to 4 levels in the freeware version I posted for Olivier (64, 66, 68, 73, 76 etc).

To put it in perspective, my Sony UHD BluRay player resolves to 77/78 so the Zidoo outperforms that. I believe the Oppo also resolves to 77 but I don't have one to test.

20. pavlin67

pavlin67 Active Member

dr4go and serg fedorov like this.