Beta version v6.4.40 for Z9X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Oct 13, 2022.

1. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Yea mine is set to 10 mins and still does the ramp up and down constantly until the move actually starts playing - its not good for the long life of the drive and hopefully can be resolved for many such cases.

2. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Just checked. I have it at 10 minutes. I think SATA drive stops spinning after 10 minutes when in home screen but Home Theater is where the screeching sound of full throttle and burning rubbers is coming out.

3. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

The setting for the resolution should only apply to the menu/HT4, but if I fix it to 1080p, 4K films are also output in 1080p for me, you can see this via the info button on the TV. That's why I fixed it to 4K@23 Hz.
    Otherwise I don't have any special settings for Panasonic, I use the recommendations from here:
    Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD1619 Players (VS10 SDR PDF added) | Zidoo forum

4. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

You are right, I checked the settings again, "switch framerate" was selected for me. I don't know, at some point I played around with the settings... I switched to "Switch frame rate and resolution", now 4K is also output as 4K.
    Now I have also fixed it to 1080p@23Hz, there is less resync. Thanks.

The other thing has nothing to do with HDR or SDR, it's just that our TVs don't support TV Led. Therefore, we should permanently switch to Player Led (LLDV).
    And if you are converting films with VS10 anyway, I think you can set HDR settings to "Dolby Vision Low Latency (LLDV,YUV422,12bit)" right away.

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Remind about this after next Wednesday when I'm back home..

susanstone2021 likes this.
  6. Ovidiu Ogrean

Ovidiu Ogrean New Member

Same here, only the bottom line flashes (in any configuration - TV LED/PLAYER LED - VS10 ON/VS10 OFF) But, if i play it with VLC or Kodi, it only shows HDR, and it goes down to about 66 - on FW .42. (Maybe it's my TV? - 2018 LG).

susanstone2021 likes this.
  7. mytich

mytich Member

Thank you very much for providing this DV improvements!

But I am afraid I got another problem now, since I updated to this firmware my newly added shows do not completely and successfully add to HT, and when I manually check sources it says "SCANNING" while only a few episodes were added, so then I need to cancel the scan, and manually run the scan again, then it adds the rest of the episodes but it takes forever to scan, like around 1 minute or more per episode sometimes... I am using SMB and connected with LAN cable. Never had this problem before, and nothing else changed in my setup. I also want to say that I did already turn off and disconnect the power cable for half a minute multiple times and it doesn't help. Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

vddan likes this.
  8. azon1951

azon1951 Active Member

Is HT4 support external audio just like kodi? The video and audio are in the same folder.

Video & audio file named like this.

Movie.mkv
    Movie.ac3

Last edited: Oct 26, 2022
  9. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

@Markswift2003 I am seeing huge picture quality differences with the new update and its all very excellent and in some instances can put the Oppo 203 to shame.
    However, I think there's another area that needs help. I am still doing a lot of A/B testing between the two devices and my go to is still the Oppo. I think the Z9X is sharpness setting to blame, it may be too high and producing a bit of a processed look. Similar to my C9 where if you turn up the sharpness, it actually becomes less sharp and zero is the correct setting instead. The Oppo in this case resolves the grain and finer details much better and has much better dynamics and depth into the picture. Whereas, the Z9X focuses much more on everything on the screen all at once and loses the depth and perspective of things to focus on. Something to def. look into - I'd say overall the two devices are neck and neck and have their own strengths and weaknesses but if this one thing was handled better, the Z9X would pretty much destroy the Oppo and everything else out there.
    For reference, I have been comparing 4K movies like Pacific Rim, No Time To Die, Ready Player One, Into the Spider-Verse, Transformers - The Last Knight and Prometheus to name a few.

As a side note, I still need to check out the test patterns you posted initially as I think the Oppo is still brighter than the Z9X overall and should not be clipping worse than the Z9X but that's topic for another time.