Beta version v6.4.40 for Z9X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Oct 13, 2022.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Ok - that's a definite improvement over the hard clip at 85 of v6.4.38 and below so I think the restrictions you're now seeing are down to limitations of the TCL rather than the Zidoo because I can resolve output from the Zidoo to 68 here.

I know others have reported 72 with other displays so given the behaviour of PQ gamma I think we're hitting the limitations of display vs source - particularly when you look at the big name sources such as Sony which now perform worse than Zidoo.

Frogmort likes this.
  2. Markswift2003

You shouldn't - you can install over the same version number, it's just reversion that's not possible with the 1619 boxes.

3. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Yes z1000pro and z9x all is ok

I have the black clips at 75/76

Last edited: Oct 15, 2022
    kovacsgergely83 likes this.
  4. Markswift2003

Cool - so that just leaves @Sekology 's Z10 Pro but I can't see why that would be compiled any different - logically that can't happen...

Something screwy is going on but it's too late here to figure it out :)

Sekology likes this.
  5. Frogmort

Frogmort New Member

Thanks for the responses. I'm kind of new to all of this and just trying to understand how all of this works. I used a PJ and HTPC with Kodi for about the last 10 years, but when my PJ started having problems, after some research I bought the Zidoo and TCL tv a couple of months ago. So far I'm really loving it.

What I'm trying to wrap my brain around is that with the Zidoo outputting TV Led DV, what exactly is the Zidoo doing to the signal, and if I turn the black level (brightness) way up on the tv while looking at the S&M file, why would the tv be the fault of the 82 clipping, since the black level on the tv is turned up? Also, as I said, SDR, HDR10 and player led DV are resolving perfectly, so why would the tv be able to do that, but not the tv led?

To be clear, I'm totally loving my picture quality, and I know I can just use player led, I'm just trying to understand how this all works and what's going on. Thanks again.

6. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

My Vizio P85QX-H1 is probably one of the brightest LCD TVs out there- it's rated to >3000nits so it should technically be able to display most of the range without clipping. It definitely is much improved with the new firmware.

Is there a specific test people are using?

7. Bertrum

Bertrum Member

After the last few (3) firmware updates the HT4 on my Z9X fails to update with newly added material, TV shows and Movies. Sometimes I see the notification in the top right corner saying it is scanning, but it does not populate the new material.
    New material is available through the Media Centre.
    The recently watched does not update either.
    I have rebooted, powered off and pulled the plug after each firmware update.
    I have cleared the Z9X cache.
    I have toggled the appropriate options in HT4 settings.
    I have rebooted my modem. It is a wired connection with a relatively new TP-Link Deco X20 mesh system. All my assigned network drives etc are visible through the Zidoo.
    Just slightly inconvenient really is all.
    Am I the only one experiencing this?
    Cheers.

Solved, see my below post - Reason - User error

8. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

Have you checked the Unmatched files?

9. Bertrum

Bertrum Member

Thanks AngryVirginian, yes, checked there. I've been caught out with that before.
    It's weird, as the fact that they show up in the Media Player means the Zidoo 'sees' them, It's gotta be something with HT4.
    I will have another play later, see if I can re-scan the drive again.
    Cheers

10. Bertrum

Bertrum Member

OK, I solved it, I checked the 'sources' tab at the top of the HT4 app and one of the drives wasn't completely scanned for some reason.
    It must have been like that since I had to re-enter my source drives when I got the new Modem (All my ip addresses changed).
    Did a rescan, everything updated and showed up in HT4.
    Just also tested it by adding something and it scanned and appeared as 'recently added'.
    User error, I confess!

11. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Panasonic z1000 OLED im getting
    DV i got 72
    HDR10 i got 74 in vs10
    SDR i got 64 in vs10

changing from TV DV to LLDV made no noticeable changes (these are with the .40 patch )

12. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

I downloaded this version from McBluna. When I installed it, the picture with the circle on the TV froze, but the installation bar was already at the end.
    HELLO was permanently displayed. I switched off the player with the switch. After switching on, the player works, I was lucky.

13. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

@McBluna - I have just downloaded the "_G" version of the firmware for my Z1000 Pro. However the file name does not show "_G". Is this a mistake? I'm reluctant to install it until either I get confirmation that it is actually the "_G" version or I see it populated for download on here.

14. CGI

CGI Member

There is an error on McBluna site - in the column "v6.4.40 beta" is the "_G" version, and in the "v6.4.40_G beta" is the non _G version :)

rozel likes this.
  15. ofir

ofir Member

I suggest you to wait
    In any case, every new version does not have such a big change from the previous version
    Some things fix and also create new bugs
    Wait another week and then a new version will be released

Hope Manchester City beat Liverpool tomorrow

16. xskip

xskip Active Member

This one does. huge. :)

17. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

I noticed that to and have left a comment on his site about it.

18. CGI

CGI Member

As I wrote above, they are just exchanged - under the text non _G version IS the _G version, and vice versa

rozel likes this.
  19. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I'm keen to see what difference in PQ the latest firmware produces after the hard work put in by @Markswift2003 and @Sledgehamma , so thank you @CGI for your helpful post - much appreciated
    Edit: - yes obvious now that I have started downloading lol!

kovacsgergely83 likes this.
  20. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

fixed

rozel, TifKag and darky_zidoo like this.