Posterwall (HT4.0)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by OlivierQC, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Kenshin

Kenshin Member

@andy22
    hi andy, how are you !

do you have an idea or solution ? from the others nothing comes

thx.

best wishes !

not works.png works.jpg

2. andy22

andy22 Active Member

Nope i don't use HT4 at all.

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

NFO content is not relevant - you simply need an NFO for each version of the movie. Not sure how else to explain it to you.

4. Kenshin

Kenshin Member

of course the nfo is relevant !! the data are read by the nfo. . and my posters are not on the TMDB server but on my own SMB server. .
    i understand you but we talk about the topic completely bypass !! i said if i change the poster holder from http to my smb then i get two posters ..

Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
  5. Markswift2003

My NFO content is not relevant to you.

I don't know what you don't understand by "You have to have two NFOs with the same naming convention as the movies".

The NFO content can be anything you like as long as it meets the criteria that the Zidoo requires - each NFO is dealt with separately by HT4. The important thing is the naming convention.

So for: "Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope.(0#Main).mkv"
    you need: "Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope.(0#Main).NFO"

For: "Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope.(1#4K77).mkv"
    you need: "Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope.(1#4K77).NFO"

and you get:

upload_2022-8-11_16-14-20.png

6. Kenshin

Kenshin Member

this is not true! why aren’t you honest???
    i create my own nfo. . i know that i need two nfo i ve never denied that ??
    i ve only told you if i want my poster to be loaded by smb and not from tmdb and i enter the nfo change then i get two cover

7. Markswift2003

You can lead a horse to water...

8. Kenshin

Kenshin Member

... i tried but it won’t drink

9. snake382

snake382 New Member

Hey all,

how do you update a label tag ?
    On my poster no label is displayed I modified the name by adding .dvd and now in the film file I can see the dvd logo but still no label.

10. DHP

DHP Member

Hi, I had to change my computer/server ip, so this makes me loose my poster wall information because of the new ip for the server, hoping that this makes sense?

Is there any way to reconnect the old poster wall to the new server ip or do I have to do a whole new scan of my entire media library again?

Cheers Dennis

11. Markswift2003

Yes - use "Sychronise data from other source"

Add your new source but don't scan, highlight it and press "menu" then "Sychronise data from other source" and chose the old, now invalid, source.

DHP likes this.
  12. DHP

DHP Member

Thanks man that works like a charm

Markswift2003 likes this.
  13. Gramophone

Gramophone Member

Hi Olivier, thanks for all this great work. I also like and use your wallpapers.
    But I could not find your widgets. Is there a link for them?
    Many thanks, Gregor :)

14. Nosirrahdrof

Nosirrahdrof New Member

I seem to have an issue with a few TV show items. A few of my episodes lack all metadata. They are matched correctly though TMDB, which has accurate data. However, there is no information on the poster wall for that episode. The title is just "Episode 3" or "Episode 4" and everything else is blank. I have tried a lot of different methods of manually matching the episode. Matching via TheTVDB or TVMaze does work normally and applies the correct metadata to the episode.

Has anyone seen this behavior?

15. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

The web interface on any browser 192.168.1. xxx:9528, where xxx is the address of your zidoo, can be used for adding or editing data, however at the moment if the source is TVDB (their problem) then there is a problem getting in to edit. As you have used TMDB you should be able to add the details.

16. Nosirrahdrof

Nosirrahdrof New Member

Right. I have looked at the web interface and can edit the metadata manually. I am wondering why them metadata is not gathered from a source that contains the metadata. themoviedb.org has the correct metadata on the website for the episodes. But is it is not being applied to the episode listings on just a few of the episodes on my z9x. Manually editing the data via the web interface is fine, as is scraping the metadata from thetvdb and tvmaze.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2022
  17. dj1515

dj1515 New Member

Hi there, upgrading from 6.3.92-G to 6.4.20-G wiped out all my Home Theater 4.0 posters. now it shows “no posters”. it was working fine before upgrading. i was able to connect to a SMB fine, and the files were scanned and added. i am using an SMB connection to a synology NAS.

now when i go to “sources” the Home Theatre app just crashes to the home screen.

adding the same SMB sources to Media Center works fine and plays back fine.

is anyone else having this problem or can offer a fix? i tried a factory reset and clearing poster wall data, and reinstalling 6.4.20 but it didn’t help.

downgrading to 6.3.92 fixes the problem.

thanks!

18. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

@dj1515 Please don't post in Bold and duplicate your posts in separate threads please. If your issue can be solved then I'm sure there will be someone along soon. Thanks

19. ccart

ccart New Member

I have this same question.

All my movies show the label on the poster FHD for 1080p and 4K for 4k movies, I can't get any of them to display HDR or UHD etc. I did read the guide on mcbluna however I've found editing the file names makes no difference to the info displayed on the poster or in the more information section. I just want to be able to tag a few with UHD or something as they're my highest quality rips.

Any ideas?

Thanks

20. manulover

manulover New Member

[​IMG]
    The truth is that Home Theater 4.0 of the zidoo covers surprised me a lot and at times it makes me forget how beautiful my covers were in kodi.

I tried zdmc on zidoo and the covers weren't as smooth as Home Theater 4.0.

The only thing I would need to be able to do in Zidoo's Home Theater 4.0 is that the covers were the originals like when you bought the movie as I had it in kodi the blue case bluray and the black 4k uhd.

Is it possible to do something like that?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2022