Posterwall (HT4.0)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by OlivierQC, Apr 16, 2021.

1. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

What model are we talking about, and how did you downgrade to 6.3.92

As far as i know you can't downgrade a "RTD 1619DR" Chipset box through just installing an older FW.
    You should ask @Markswift2003, before you brick your unit.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2022
  2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

You can downgrade 1619 models using the emergency restore method, but it should be a last resort because as you say, there is a possibility to brick the unit.

3. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

If he is determined to do it, we can't stop him.

Here is a video that shows how I do it, in French with English subtitles

4. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

Hi @OlivierQC

Zidoo has rearranged their supportpages, and the flash pages can be found Here now.

5. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Suggestion for movie poster page:
    Change position of small icon at the right high corner of "Watched / Not Watched" for another one of same size and next to Play * Trailer * Favourite. Nobody pay attention to that high and far corner.

6. crutzulee

crutzulee Member

Is there any talk of adding aspect ratio info to the posterwall app? It would be helpful for those of us that use lens memory and matting systems.

JohnG likes this.
  7. Jarrod

Jarrod Member

This is a great tutorial and thread. I have my movies on a NAS device and it looks like that is where my meta data for the poster wall is being saved within a home theater folder. I have an unused 256gb SSD. If I install that in one of the drive bays of my UHD 3000, can I somehow store the meta data on there instead of the NAS for a quicker read? I’m assuming 256gb should be enough space for meta data for 1,000 files? Thanks

8. Mu7e

Mu7e New Member

hi

I have the Z1000 with the latest stable firmware 2.3.88.

When I updated I stopped being able to see the IMDB ratings or even the new Rotten Tomatoes, only TMDB one appears in the movie info no matter what I choose in preferences.
    If I choose IMDB , a progress bar appears, takes it's time to reach 100% but nothing is shown in the movie info.

I have the native HT that comes with the firmware above!

Is there anyone with this problem? How can I overcome this?

Thanks in advance

kind regards

9. azon1951

azon1951 Active Member

Does it support external audio like Kodi? I placed it in the same folder with the same name. Just different file extension (mkv for video and ac3 for audio). But I can't find the ac3 audio in the menu...

10. KonstantinP

KonstantinP New Member

I have zidoo x9s. installed Posterwall v4.1.22 . Only serials were scanned. I can't add any movie manually. Plugin v4.2.32 is very slow,
    failed to complete the library scan.
    Definitely the plugin needs to be improved.
    Colleagues, which version of Posterwall works correctly?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2022
  11. Kaiduss

Kaiduss New Member

I deleted some files from Poster Wall accidentally. How do I add them back? They are still on my disc but I guess deleting them from Poster Wall resulted in some exception and these mkv files are no longer treated as files that I want to have in my Poster Wall library which is not the case.

12. Rename the files with minor changes!
    Posterwall will scan them like new ones.

13. thivame

thivame Active Member

hello,
    without renaming it is still complicated... Once again it shows the usefulness of being able to do a manual refresh of the posterwall as it has been requested for a long time.

vddan and Edworld like this.
  14. Edworld

Edworld Member

In HT4 you get the option to show IMDB or TMDB and Rotten tomatoes. Are these ratings pulled from NFO file which in my case was created by Media Companion or is it scraped from another source?

Would it be possible to show more ratings? My NFOs have IMDB, TMDB, Tomatoes, Audience Score and Metacritics.

Thanks

15. plouie10

plouie10 New Member

Hi
    Was wondering if I could get some guidance on naming convention. I ripped my entire collection of 4k Game of Thrones. 8 seasons. I can't seem to get the Zidoo to recognize it properly. It comes up as ABCDEFG etc. Therefore I can't tell what I'm watching. I have each season in it's own folder called Game of Thrones S01, Game of Thrones S02 etc. then in each folder I have Disc01, Disc02 etc. in the bluray structure. Each season has 4 discs except the last two which have 3 discs. Is there a naming convention I should follow for discs of TV shows?
    Thanks

16. tc2007

tc2007 Active Member

Try this "Game of Thrones" -> "Season 1" -> "Game of Thrones S01E01.mkv" and so on.

Netmask likes this.
  17. coyote2

coyote2 Member

Yes.
    If this ever doesn't work for TV shows, take a look at the databases they match to (IIRC TVDB and TVMaze).

Incidentally, folders are AFAIK solely for one's own organizational convenience; Posterwall wouldn't care if you just dumped all the movies and TV files into one big folder. In fact I do that for movies. I do make separate folders for each TV series.

18. vddan

vddan Active Member

HT4.0 is becoming more and more unlivable with large collections........
    Looking forward to a complete overhaul of the software!

19. thivame

thivame Active Member

I'm afraid this will become just a simple dream that won't come true...hoping I'm wrong

20. vddan

vddan Active Member

Unfortunately you are probably right...;)